Adjusting the lie on Callaway XR Irons

glennjersey

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently have a set of Callaway XR irons. I was fitted for a +1 lie a few months ago and now want to have the lie adjusted. The PGA Super Store told me last week they could do it, now today they say they can't. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for your help.

What are you trying to get the lie adjusted to?

The lie angle, which I believe my fitting sheet says +1.

They can basically get half a degree to a degree out of them, depending on how the clubmaker feels they can adjust them. I took mine to Edwin Watts and a degree was about as much they felt comfortable with bending.

They can basically get half a degree to a degree out of them, depending on how the clubmaker feels they can adjust them. I took mine to Edwin Watts and a degree was about as much they felt comfortable with bending.

Thank you very much for the information. I am going to try a local club maker and see what he says, if not I am not to for from Edwin Watts.

You can heat them hot...bend them, then pull/re-glue the shafts again.

If bending is too risky; you can change the "effective lie" by lengthening or shortening the shaft. 1/2 inch added to the butt end will move the club head away from you and the "scrape" closer to center. That was common practice when dynamic fitting was done with a lie board.

Back