Cobra KING F7 and F7+ Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review James, i actually missed the part when I hit it and the other thread that it's a 455cc head

Great review, as usual, James! Without a toe weight to help reduce toe release for me, not sure this would fit me but I can see all the tech benefitting a good majority of the golfing public. At a nice pricepoint by today's standards, I think Cobra could have a winner on their hands with this one.

Cobra KING F7 and F7+ Review Thread

Cobra KING F7 and F7+ Review Thread

Great review, as usual, James! Without a toe weight to help reduce toe release for me, not sure this would fit me but I can see all the tech benefitting a good majority of the golfing public. At a nice pricepoint by today's standards, I think Cobra could have a winner on their hands with this one.

I agree! That's a lot of club for that price. Great job on the review, Jman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I liked the inclusion of LM#s to back up weight changes. Not overdone by any means, but including hard data was a plus imo. Well written as is customary.

I would go hit it. Just because it has a heel port and not a toe port doesn't mean its draw biased. Thanks to the different weights, if you go heavy front and light heel and back, you'll have the fade bias you desire. It's an incredibly versatile system.

• Admin
I agree! That's a lot of club for that price. Great job on the review, JB!

Just a quick heads up, I just posted the thread. The review was from Jman.
Im not a staff writer, we have 3 much more talented gentlemen with a pen than me...haha

Just a quick heads up, I just posted the thread. The review was from Jman.
Im not a staff writer, we have 3 much more talented gentlemen with a pen than me...haha

My apologies to Jman then!

@Jman nice review. One question... I see Cobra went away from the Speed Channel with the F7 and F7+. Any feedback or insights from Cobra on that change?

That was an information-packed review. I have the F6+ in the bag now and my one knock on it is the sound, which I am glad they have changed for this model.

Very well done Jman...as always. Didn't see anything mentioned about the shaft pairing, just pics. Thoughts?

Nice job James. Cobra has put out some seriously great, and in my opinion, underrated drivers the past several years and this one sounds promising as well. I'd love to see these become more popular in the public.

Very well done Jman...as always. Didn't see anything mentioned about the shaft pairing, just pics. Thoughts?
It's a Fujikura Pro XLR8, it does what it does. Good shaft, good feel, good pairing with the head but my focus is always on the head since it played the main role in performance. Looks cool though, so that's a plus.
@Jman nice review. One question... I see Cobra went away from the Speed Channel with the F7 and F7+. Any feedback or insights from Cobra on that change?
I've no clue dude, might be a good twitter Q for Yagley or Jose

Thanks for the response and understand. I really like the one I use as it adds a little bit of what I need. Granted it's a bit different than the stock but I imagine will pair well.

I find myself intrigued by these drivers. I like the overall shape quite a bit from all sides.

With the weight in the front or the back location does the driver have a left, or right bias at all? Or does it stay pretty neutral?

I find myself intrigued by these drivers. I like the overall shape quite a bit from all sides.

With the weight in the front or the back location does the driver have a left, or right bias at all? Or does it stay pretty neutral?
Neutral to slight fade for me with the heavy front or rear.

Neutral to slight fade for me with the heavy front or rear.

Scott you and I have similar ball flight/path ^^^^ this is why I don't think you should discount this driver.

Looking forward to taking this for a spin. I didn't hit the F6 well last year (admittedly I didn't do a proper fitting so it was probably that) but will take this for a spin this year in hopes it can replace the Fly Z in the bag already. Thanks for the informative review!!

Enjoyed the review. Sounds like anyone getting into Morgan Cup has food options and some tuning to get them their desired results.

Please take this fwiw, but I kinda remember Yagley stating that the face/hitting area was larger on these models than recent years. This necessitated that they move away from the Speedchannel.

Going off memory and we received a ton of info that at the time was NDA'd so it may be my RAM malfunctioning but that's what I recall.

I asked this question to Jose at #THPAmbition while playing. His response was. They didn't go away from the speed channel, Its just now on the inside of the head and not visible. He said they did this because having it on the outside made the face appear smaller and it was not "loved" to have what appears as a smaller face. The tech is still there its just on the inside of the club face now.

I asked this question to Jose at #THPAmbition while playing. His response was. They didn't go away from the speed channel, Its just now on the inside of the head and not visible. He said they did this because having it on the outside made the face appear smaller and it was not "loved" to have what appears as a smaller face. The tech is still there its just on the inside of the club face now.

Thanks for posting. Answers the question quite clearly.

If I recall there were 2 things that drove the change away from the track. Weight, track weighs too much and the ports allow CPG to direct the weight where they feel it will do the most good.

Second, and seemingly even more of a driving factor was sound. Yagley and Jose said that the track really hurt the sound of the club.

Others who were at Ambition might jump on here as well.

This and the EPIC are the two I'm really looking forward to seeing data numbers on.

Back