Bridgestone J15 Cast Irons Preview Thread

Hmmm, the lofts mirror that of my MTs... definitely moves these up a notch... But on the other hand who wants the same clubs.... Decisions, decisions... probably end up going withe the CBs haha...

Its not up to the PR Company to determine if the global brand wants to let the media run because images were leaked. While I am sure your wife runs a fine firm, Bridgestone Golf is handled by some great public relations people and a firm that does a tremendous job.

THP deals with hundreds of firms and can safely say that their firm is one of the best that handles this industry. All one has to do is look at their dramatic climb as well as the other brands they work with and see how well they have done.

Their launch comes in late January and early Feb.
Im sure your wife running her own PR firm has dealt with leaked images launching before the media and public relations launching. I would say every PR firm in this industry sure has heck has.

Certainly everybody is entitled to their opinion, it should however be made up of correct info, therefore I felt it appropriate to explain.

I dont understand your statement about leaked images. All of this in the last week was official pressers from bridgestone. and yet no website change at bridgestonegolf.com. Seems kinda of disorganized. Once again look at Callaway, XR launch, everything is out there, website has tons of info. To "wait" until the PGA show seems old school. Seems out of touch with 2015. Bridgestone has no retail for their clubs, why would they even care about the PGA show except for balls. They need to pull a Tesla and sell direct to consumers. Heck all these clubs are limited numbers anyways right? How many sets of MBs? like 120? So why even go to the PGA show? Social media can create way more buzz than the show. Still they make awesome clubs, some of the best without a doubt.

Wish there were someplace nearby that stocks Bridgestone clubs. The website shows dozens of places--but all they have are balls. Would love to try these when they come out.

I dont understand your statement about leaked images. All of this in the last week was official pressers from bridgestone. and yet no website change at bridgestonegolf.com. Seems kinda of disorganized. Once again look at Callaway, XR launch, everything is out there, website has tons of info. To "wait" until the PGA show seems old school. Seems out of touch with 2015. Bridgestone has no retail for their clubs, why would they even care about the PGA show except for balls. They need to pull a Tesla and sell direct to consumers. Heck all these clubs are limited numbers anyways right? How many sets of MBs? like 120? So why even go to the PGA show? Social media can create way more buzz than the show. Still they make awesome clubs, some of the best without a doubt.

Bridgestone put out small press copy (used here) because the media was running with the press copy that was leaked out of Japan last month (using translations).
Callaway Launched their product with their full launch. Bridgestone has not and does so at the end up fot his month.
The retail information posted is incorrect. Again, info that will be put out at their launch. PGA Superstores will carry the line, as will several others.

Social Media absolutely cannot create more "real" buzz than the PGA Show where literally thousands of influential people and media from all over the world are in attendance. It is the reason that every top brand and every buyer in existence is there. Then add the THP Event and feedback from it directly following the launch at the show and the thousands that will be reading those reviews and you have the make of a solid launch for a brand that is entering the hard goods market globally, technically for the 1st time as a cohesive unit.

Im all for open debate and criticism, I think opinions (everybodys) matter, but I also think its important to make sure that correct information is out there as well.

Wish there were someplace nearby that stocks Bridgestone clubs. The website shows dozens of places--but all they have are balls. Would love to try these when they come out.

I have mentioned a few times in other threads, but when Bridgestone releases their 2015 Demo schedule, expect to see clubs at their demo/fitting events that previously only included balls.

Reminds me of my Razr Xs...a lot. Wish them well with them.

oh man. first time seeing this. I LOVE the look of them. classic but modern.. I really really like these. might have to hit them even though I don't need new irons...

I love the look of these, and really love the description. I can't wait to see how these do!

I really like the look of these. Hope to be able to find them and give them a try.

Love what I'm reading about these! Some great info being shared thanks DevRickus and JB!

Although, I love the look of the others these look to be perfect! Can't wait to try them next week!

It seems to me that alot of different manufacturers products are beginning to look the same.

My thoughts on the cast irons from this weekend:

I currently am gaming the Cleveland MTs so this set is the one that is most comparable. I just want to say that the cast irons are absolutely stunning, and IMO they were my favorite looking irons (not necessarily at address, but the design on the back of the iron). With this iron, I didn't really see any improvement, J15 Cast to MT Cast - it didn't launch higher and I couldn't discern a specific distance increase. These irons were definitely the most forgiving on mishits though.

Just compared the specs Dev posted. Lofts match my THPMC2014 DPC's (I went 2 degrees strong). I want, dare I say need, more forgiveness.

JM

Not to mention the fact that these are drop dead gorgeous irons.....

JM

Bridgestone always makes great equipment. I can't remember a time thy ever released crap. Just another example here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really loved hitting these irons at BU (the only Bridgestone irons I hit), but the shafts might have played a big part of my love for them however. Always wanted to try Nippon's and they did not disappoint. Super smooth light/med. shafts, just what I love. The only thing I wish was that the irons had a bit more offset to give a slightly friendlier appearance when next to the ball. Maybe if a used set comes up in the BST for a reasonable price I might jump on them.

I absolutely cannot wait to get a chance to demo these irons. I am not sure that I am in a place to by new irons right now, but I am doing some saving and if they are as good as I expect I my just have to bite the bullet. Great looking irons from a company just up the road. That excites me.

I'm still thinking these are a real possibility for my bag at #THPLegacy. Great looking iron with what looks like a boatload of forgiveness.

Brett that would be a very smart move sir

If I had been selected for Bridgestone instead of Wilson Staff, these would be the lead contender for me at the THPLegacy.

I go back and forth between these and the DPF's when contemplating my #THPLegacy bag. They are both beautiful and the DPF were more forgiving then I thou they would be.

I go back and forth between these and the DPF's when contemplating my #THPLegacy bag. They are both beautiful and the DPF were more forgiving then I thou they would be.

This is the other iron head I will probably test drive just to see, but in my book more forgiveness almost always wins out.

I look forward to comparing these to my AP1s if I ever get the chance.

Love love love Bridgestone's line-up this year.

I know a guy who has a set of these on the way. :banana:

JM

Back