The King - Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

I tend to agree, but we do run the risk of having to ditch with a hole or 2 left if we're slow. Meeting captains is more important and we can't show up late!!

Not if, but when. :D

I'm with Fup, but also see Kang's point as well. I say we just book some tee times at noon and go play, play quickly and know that if we have to we'll need to ditch a hole or 2 in order to get in and get out to get to our event functions as those take priority over a practice round. Cool?

If I am playing La Costa on Friday I just want to play the full 18 on my ball to be honest.

If people are mindful of the clock, it can absolutely happen. I say that having seen many of you golf and know a few are a bit slower than others. It is a Friday afternoon, so others will be out there. Just please know, that if you are running late, you guys will have to stop.

Dinner off property is not Friday, but Saturday, so as of now, you guys have plenty of time. We will all be getting together to go over teams, partners, etc. The problem is as of right now, there is no firm time as we are waiting on some info from the captains on what time they are free. My gut tells me 6:00 pm or so.

I'm with Fup, but also see Kang's point as well. I say we just book some tee times at noon and go play, play quickly and know that if we have to we'll need to ditch a hole or 2 in order to get in and get out to get to our event functions as those take priority over a practice round. Cool?

This would be my preference. If the group gets large would could try and go off both tees. That way we'd only need noon and 12:10 tee times at most.

The fact that we're all gaming XR's should eliminate all lost balls off the tee. We all should just be driving the cart to the 150 marker and play from there.

For golf on Friday, if the group is going to try to make La Costa at noon work, I'm in. I think I'll likely stay there on Thursday night, so I can be ready to go as early as needed. If we decide that La Costa is not going to work from a timing perspective, the early morning round at Aviara sounds good to me, though I know not everyone can make that one.

For golf on Monday, I'd like to try to play Torrey South.

For you guys staying Sunday night, what are you thinking as far as lodging? And for those of you more familiar with San Diego, would playing Torrey on Monday mean that it makes more sense to stay somewhere in the La Jolla area on Sunday night?

For golf on Friday, if the group is going to try to make La Costa at noon work, I'm in. I think I'll likely stay there on Thursday night, so I can be ready to go as early as needed. If we decide that La Costa is not going to work from a timing perspective, the early morning round at Aviara sounds good to me, though I know not everyone can make that one.

For you guys staying Sunday night, what are you thinking as far as lodging? And for those of you more familiar with San Diego, would playing Torrey on Monday mean that it makes more sense to stay somewhere in the La Jolla area on Sunday night?
That's how I would plan it. Golf in North San Diego on Friday (either La Costa or Aviara) so we are close to where we need to be. On Monday it shouldn't matter where you are to play Torrey Pines. Work traffic is heaviest between 0700-0900.

I like the idea of playing at LaCosta Friday right at or as close to noon as possible.

As far as Sunday night accomodations are concerned, I was hoping to split a hotel with someone who's traveling back Monday around the same time as me (Nebgolfer?). So what will it be total to play Torrey South, about 300 bucks?

I like the idea of playing at LaCosta Friday right at or as close to noon as possible.

As far as Sunday night accomodations are concerned, I was hoping to split a hotel with someone who's traveling back Monday around the same time as me (Nebgolfer?). So what will it be total to play Torrey South, about 300 bucks?
I'm up for splitting a room. I've been talking with Derek (Dhartmann) about splitting a car and a room Sunday night, I'm sure we could find one to sleep 3, even if it means a pullout couch or something.

If we can all get off at LA Costa right around noon, that gets my vote, and plan on generous gimmes and no time to look for lost balls.

Jake - what time are you heading back on Monday?

I'm up for splitting a room. I've been talking with Derek (Dhartmann) about splitting a car and a room Sunday night, I'm sure we could find one to sleep 3, even if it means a pullout couch or something.

If we can all get off at LA Costa right around noon, that gets my vote, and plan on generous gimmes and no time to look for lost balls.
Yeah make sure to keep me in on those plans as well. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Jake - what time are you heading back on Monday?
4:15pm

I would be open to splitting a room if anyone is coming down on Thursday night and for Sunday night. I am good for either Torrey North or Torrey South.

I'm down for la costa on Friday. I get in at 10 AM so i should have time to get to the hotel and sorted out to hit up a round. I'll be beat after that coast to coast flight so getting a round in at the hotel sounds good. Get done and maybe a nap before dinner :act-up:

I'm going to let Jake decide this one since hes my car buddy. Ill go where the tide goes for Friday round.

I'm going to let Jake decide this one since hes my car buddy. Ill go where the tide goes for Friday round.
I think we should hit up LaCosta, seems logistically easy as anything and it's a great course and a solid rate.

NOW.....who's going to take care of setting up tee times?? And who's all in for a round at LaCosta?

I think we should hit up LaCosta, seems logistically easy as anything and it's a great course and a solid rate.

NOW.....who's going to take care of setting up tee times?? And who's all in for a round at LaCosta?

I am on the phone with the resort now and I will try and grab three tee times right at Noon and then we can slot everyone as they commit.

I am on the phone with the resort now and I will try and grab three tee times right at Noon and then we can slot everyone as they commit.

Awesome! Count me in.

Group 1: Jake and Fup!!! I don't care who else is with us, but we're playing together!!

I'm in for playing at La Costa on Friday. Looking forward to it. Let's get a final head count and then I can make the call. Also we should decide if we want to go off both sets of tees. I'm assuming we're playing both courses. I probably shouldn't share this strategy, but I think it would be good to have some of Team Chad's guys on each course.

Left a message with the dude who would handle it. I will update everyone once its committed.

You're fast Fup

I'm in for Friday at la costa! I've pm Mr partyplanner to see if non event participants are allowed to join for friday round and if they get the thp rate. No response yet. Alex would love to join the group if possible

I'm in for Friday @ La Costa. Noon tee time right?

Back