What do you bring to a team event?

Clutch42

Happy to be here!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
14.4 usga
JB had a thread earlier about are you a good teammate and itgot me to wondering, what skill set do you bring to a team event, what do youdo well on the course that you think would be valuable in a team event?
Me, I believe I’m a decent pressure putter, I’m not saying I make everything, but with something on the line I’m able to calm the nerves andput a good roll on the ball.
How about you, what do you bring to the table?

Last edited:
While I don't bring a long game, I truly believe my short game and putting can be an asset.
I put everything into an event.

Most importantly, I have fun, and make sure those around me do as well.

My positive attitude for my teammates and my drives. With my length I know we are able to take advantage of the par 5s when I have a partner.

I keep it loose and upbeat, positive atmosphere, good communication and a fun time and sometimes a good golf game

Know how to have fun
Positive attitude
Mental toughness

Encouragement, support. sportsmanship, tenacity and a pretty decent overall game.

From a golf perspective generally I can find the fairway and hit a green. I'm not the guy who is going to knock down flagsticks and nestle up pitches and chips to kick in range. Sometimes I can get hot with a putter but I can also be useless haha

I can usually be a good distraction getting somebody talking about themselves. I don't like talking about myself much but I love sussing out people's stories and finding common interest and experiences. So keeping people talking and keeping things light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bring myself and my game is whatever it is on that day.

What does brining myself mean? I'm a team player and there for my team.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I try to bring fun.
A decent flat stick.
And HOFtags

Being picked for the upcoming snell event got me thinking about this question. I feel I'm a model of inconsistency lol. I hit it a decent length and when my swing is on, my driving is typically the best part of my game. I just wanna play my best all the way around. I love the game and meeting new people to play with. On any given day, any part of my game can be great or bad. When I don't think about my swing and focus shot to shot, I usually play my best. Regardless I'm gonna have a good time being in my first THP event at an awesome course!

The ugly truth is this: so far I've brought some early nerves and poor play. Some day that will change.

Last edited:
Dang good iron & wedge play for my handicap. I also bring tunes and whiskey.
I'm an upbeat partner and a good cheerleader when/of my partner needs it. Also world class trash talker.

I bring Ruffles All-Dressed for the team room.

I usually bring the vodka, Ill hit a few fairways too.

Grind.. Although I try my best, I'm never out of a hole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Enthusiasm, I am enthusiastic and supportive of everyone.

Focus (I swear that I'm having fun, even if I don't look like it), fun, a couple bad shots, a couple good shots, and hopefully a lot of camaraderie to a THP event

Focus (I swear that I'm having fun, even if I don't look like it), fun, a couple bad shots, a couple good shots, and hopefully a lot of camaraderie to a THP event
I like this answer. I'm going to have to agree with all of the above for myself as well. Especially the I swear I'm having fun even if I don't look like it part haha

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What do you bring to a team event?

Hard work, encouragement, preparation, excitement, positive attitude, humor, and a fun outgoing personality that gets along with anyone!

I bring a positive attitude with competitive edge. Long game with occasional short game genius (very rare but pretty when it happens). A great sense of humor who can help my teammates play at their highest ability!

I think I bring a pretty steady & consistent golf game, a fun attitude, a lot of smiles & passion, and a lot of competitive golf experience.

Comedy gold.

In all honesty there is not really a single part of my game itself that is a huge asset. What I do bring is that I don't get down on myself and I refuse to let me teammates get down also. Things can go horrible but i know all it takes is one shot to change that around. I'll do whatever I can do try and keep my parents head in the game too.

The other thing is I'll do whatever is asked of me to help out. I buy in to my teams strategy and will follow along with the plan. If I have an idea that may help, I'll bring it up and let the leader decide.

I'm a whole lot of fun, and I try to make every thing I'm involved in it be fun.

Back