Lydia Ko - Most Dominant In The World?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As Lydia Ko won again this week, the question I have is this. Is she the most dominant player in the world right now?

Can't see an arguement to that.

with out a doubt and it irritates me we cant watch more women's golf.

I'd say yes, however I don't think she had the most competitive field to play against this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say yes, however I don't think she had the most competitive field to play against this week.

Yeah. No doubt she's playing great but Stacy was in a different tournament I believe. Along with Inbee park

Nobody from Texas there?

I'd have to agree with the statement there if she takes the next step. And at only 17 years young. Next step: major.

I think she'd a dominant player for sure but it may be a little too soon to call her the most dominant. Let's see how she does in a couple majors.

Nobody from Texas there?

Well if they were I think she would have won by more... :alien:

She is playing phenomenal golf right now though and I think she will be at the top for a while, I hope she doesn't hang it up at 30 like she mentioned in an interview last week. I would love to see what she could accomplish.

She's pretty dominant right now, and she's so young it's almost frightening how good she might even yet become. That being said, it wasn't long ago that some were saying that Yani Tseng was the most dominant in the world.

I'm still saying Rory right now.

Since July of 2014 they both have four wins (Hope that is correct)? Both reached #1 in the World, but......

Rory has two Majors in that time.

That's not to take anything away from Lydia, especially considering her age, but in a game where everyone seems to focus on Major wins it gives Rory the edge. Though, this is as of right now.

I think she is the most dominant right now. Why would she be thinking about hanging it up at 30?? Was she talking to Lorena ochoa?

I do believe she is a serious force to be reckoned with. Slightly OT, but you wanna know what is very refreshing to me? The lack of clamor to have her compete in a men's event. I really think that hurt Michelle Wie long term. LK is dominant in her arena and thus in comparing the various arena's out there, YES, she is the most dominant out there.

JM

Right now? Yes. I am rooting for keep it up, Yani Tseng & Inbee Park seemed to take a step back after being seemingly unbeatable for a time.

She's pretty dominant right now, and she's so young it's almost frightening how good she might even yet become. That being said, it wasn't long ago that some were saying that Yani Tseng was the most dominant in the world.

The point about Yani is spot on

Lydia Ko carries 3 hybrids.
#NotInternetGolfer

Well if they were I think she would have won by more... :alien:

She is playing phenomenal golf right now though and I think she will be at the top for a while, I hope she doesn't hang it up at 30 like she mentioned in an interview last week. I would love to see what she could accomplish.

At 17, 30 seems so far away. Once she gets close and if she continues to play and win at this level hopefully she'll continue to chase records.

It is pretty crazy how dominant she is at such a young age.

It is pretty crazy how dominant she is at such a young age.
You're right about the age thing. It's incredible that she's done all of this and is only 17!

I remember thinking when I saw she had won again, "wow, she is only 17..." it will be fun to watch if she can further enhance her game and to what level she will go. And how long

The thing with Ko is she is very strong in all parts of the game. I think she will be a force on the LPGA for many years to come. Right now she is the most dominant but last year Stacy Lewis was Player of Year on the LPGA Tour. So who knows who will be the best this year.

I think she is on a great run right now & is dominant, but this week was against a lesser field. I wonder if she was American if she would be getting more run/press?

The thing with Ko is she is very strong in all parts of the game. I think she will be a force on the LPGA for many years to come. Right now she is the most dominant but last year Stacy Lewis was Player of Year on the LPGA Tour. So who knows who will be the best this year.

Both Ko and Lewis had 3 wins last year and Ko won the CME.

Back