The death of Miyazaki?

salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
Read in a Q&A today on Golfworks.com that Srixon (who owns Miyazaki) is killing the brand? Has this been discussed on here before?

Read in a Q&A today on Golfworks.com that Srixon (who owns Miyazaki) is killing the brand? Has this been discussed on here before?

SRI technically owns them, not Srixon, but it's sort of true.
Its in a few different threads, but not on its own.
I believe you will see the shafts hang around, but the creation of consumer shafts is no longer as of now.

bums me out big time. I love the miyazaki's I have hit. going to have to pick up a couple to hold on to if I can.

Boooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to learn this.

B Asha is still probably my favorite shaft.

Without a doubt my favorite brand of shafts.

Saddens me.

Too bad this is happening. I really enjoyed Miyazaki shafts and still have a couple that I am thinking about getting adapters for.

yup. Been hearing about it for a little bit now. It's disappointing, however there are a lot of really good shaft options out on the market.

This is a bummer, and I could only wish their flex code would carry on....it was pretty simple to understand.

Last edited:
Man what a bummer, Miyazaki has always had solid offerings.

That is bad news. Loved the Black.

Major huge bummer. I will have to hold onto my Mashie hybrid now just for the shaft haha. Also have a C.Kua in my backup driver, don't plan on letting it go now.

Thanks for posting, I was just thinking about these shafts yesterday. Alot of buzz a few years ago to crickets.

I really hate this...I love my Kusala Blue. My one wish in the shaft world would be for the industry to adopt something like the IFC. Makes it so much easier to understand shafts.

Sad, love my Kusala White, the international flex code is great for consumers and wish it would catch on industry wide.

Going to have to find a few options to hold onto...

I am hoping to scour the bay for some deals to try out.

Not my favorite brand on the market, but they always seemed to have something for everyone. The IFC is genius. Its really a shame that can't live on or be adopted by everyone. Never good to see a consumer brand getting killed.

any idea why they're killing the after-market production? i can only go on my perception, but they seemed to be a solid producer, different shafts to fit different profiles, with a strong presence on the lpga tour but still a presence on the pga tour. again, numbers may not support that, but was my perception. having hit the kusala white, i was really impressed.

Wow, such a great shaft company. I understand why but it's sad that something so good wasn't embraced by the masses. It just tells me how little the general gold public knows beyond big box.

I never understand much of what Sri does, but I'm sad to see them go. I need to find a Kuala white to throw in a head I have.

All the more reason to hold onto my modest collection.

Everyone I've let hit my Kusala White 72 just loves it.

I do not like to see company's fold up, and ones that produce high quality products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing to hear as I have enjoyed some of their shafts over the years since joining THP.

Never did dial in a miyazaki. But I loved the way their shafts felt. Probably the smoothest I have tried. Especially the JDL and B Asha. I swing in the low 90's and their R flexes always felt a bit too whippy yet when swinging a club with an S flex it felt pretty stout to me.
One day maybe I'll see if an S flex works for me.

Back