What sort of forum participant are you?

I think I do pretty good for the time I have available, I travel a lot and don't play much anymore but I try to come here everyday and at least like some posts if I don't post anything myself.

honestly sometimes it feels like I've been exiled.

Last edited:
Depends on the thread. I find that some threads are not thing of interest to me, so I might skim some of it.
The threads that I go into that I'm interested in, I read everything in there. Plenty of interesting threads out there.
I read event in my favorite threads though. I follow and will catch up on each one when time is available.
I'm not much of a poster anymore. Not because I don't want to, but I really haven't had much time to spend in here. I do pass out thanks quite often though. I want too show the poster that I appreciate or like what I have read.

Try to view and comment on as much of the topics aw I can. At times I an extremely busy and cannot. If there is a specific topic I will suscribe and view at a later time

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Since I'm retired and an early riser, maybe as early as JB, look in several times a day. Don't look at most non- golf related, golf is why I'm in the forum. Don't care about the apparel since all I wear is shorts, T-shirt and sandals. Don't post unless I think I can contribute, even then I'm doing less since I'm not politically correct, and don't want to be.

It depends on the day really. If I'm traveling a lot for work I unfortunately don't get as many opportunities to read through the thread. Lately it's been slower so I try to read as much as possible. If I've missed out on 6 pages I may skim through but if it's a newer thread I'll try to read them all. I'm definitely on every day though checking things out, I may just not have anything to add our time to add it.

Last edited:
This is multiple pages. I never read all pages. Actually I only read the top 3 posts.

I read more than I post but don't do either with any great regularity unless I'm bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thread I'm even remotely interested in, or participate in, I read almost every post. I don't sleep very well and spend a lot of THP time. It's kind of an obsession at times but I know I'm not the only one.

When I am interested in a thread I read all the post.
I like to read a lot more then I post.

Question

Approximately what percentage of other posters comments in the threads that you post in do you actually take time to read?

Depends on the thread. If I am really interested in the thread I will read all the comments. I will post if the majority of the comments don't agree with my perspective of if I feel like I can contribute additional information. I am not a "me too" kind of poster. If the thread is really long like one of the event threads I am more likely to skim the thread. My interest in the thread will also dictate whether I come back and read comments that were made after mine.

I probably only read 10-20 threads on a daily basis.

I've been able to get more involved lately especially since I'm on vacation. It can get tough at times with work and such but I typically gravitate towards threads that hit my known knowledge.

I've been working on getting to know more people since I was in an event last year. I want to be involved more but at times contest threads I'm trying for become the focus. Then once notifications start to roll in I do my best.

I can't imagine how the THP team keeps up it has to be nonstop

If I have posted in it, I have read it. Subscribed threads I have read every post, others for new products (that I may or may not be interested in) will usually get a quicker read.

A lot of stuff I really get stuck into, and some I just glance at quickly. Much more of a reader than a poster. Usually questions I have will have already been answered in the course of the thread.

I read every post in threads I go in to. Claiming one and doing another it's all good.

Not many. I usually look for certain people's posts and read those

I read a lot, don't post enough and to be honest I lurk a lot of the time. lol

If I have posted in it, I have read it. Subscribed threads I have read every post, others for new products (that I may or may not be interested in) will usually get a quicker read.

A lot of stuff I really get stuck into, and some I just glance at quickly. Much more of a reader than a poster. Usually questions I have will have already been answered in the course of the thread.

the only 2 I am subscribed to are what golf stuff did you buy today and the marketplace. I read all of those.

Read as much as possible but admittedly skim at times. Try to do my best to only comment when fully up to date on the thread as to not post what someone else has said.

Depends on what device I'm on. Desktop, I will read everything that looks interesting to me at the time and comment when I have something to add. If I'm on my phone using the dreaded TapTalk, I only read what I have subscribed to follow.

Oh and for those of you that are regulars in the thread about watches, I'm honestly not trying to take that one over... I just love watches!!!!

Not as a diligent as I once was. Used t read everything, now I'm more selective and stop reading as soon as the vibe of the thread turns me off.

I read them all.

I really do.

I sure try to, I know there are some that fall through the cracks for me and it depends on my schedule, but I do my best to read them all.

Oh gosh....not near as much as I'd like. I definitely post more when I'm playing more. Having 2 small kids and being busier at work has sucked up all my free time that I don't get to get on the forum near as much as I used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read a lot but certainly not all. I try and add information when I feel I can contribute.

This is me as well...

I read every post of every thread I click on.

Back