Can You Feel The Shaft Loading/Unloading?

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Can you feel it when a shaft loads/unloads?

I hear/read people talk about this all the time, but I can't say that I've ever actually felt it.

I can feel it when my wrists release at impact, but I don't have any sensation of the shaft unloading the club head into the ball.

I can not, I just swing

I don't think I feel anything either.

No, I don't feel it.

I can tell in terms of the stiffness of the shaft at impact & usually prefer it to be a stiffer tip, but loading and unloading I can honestly say I don't feel or I'm not educated enough to realize when its happening.

Good question. I'm not sure I can when it's loading properly, but I feel like I can tell when the flex is way too light. I swung an XXIO once with a pretty low flex shaft, and it felt like it was about to snap at the top of my swing. If that's feeling the shaft load or not, IDK. But I definitely felt something I don't believe is helpful.

I can tell in terms of the stiffness of the shaft at impact & usually prefer it to be a stiffer tip, but loading and unloading I can honestly say I don't feel or I'm not educated enough to realize when its happening.
I'm in the exact same boat.

Back when I was serious stuck inside on the way down, I could feel the shaft load and whip. Now, not so much.

I will say rarely and it is when the swing is done correctly (for me), I feel it and look up to see the ball going where it is suppose too, high and long (normally over the green with an iron). I would think it has to do with lagging the club then sending it though the impact zone with power. Again something I feel rarely...

I can't say that I feel it.

I wonder if it has any correlation to swing speed?

Maybe my paltry mid/low 90s swing speed isn't enough to get me the load/unload sensation.

I honest think people think they are feeling this load and unload. I know I feel something with certain shaft. But it's usually the lag and the impact feeling that I have considered the 'load and unload'. I think a great many feel the same thing but I'm not sure this actually the feeling we are think we are feeling..

I don't even know what shaft load is supposed to feel like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I can't!!

If I do I don't know it. Unless my golf coach exclusively points out a difference between A and B I'm clueless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it feels like using a 2x4 I can tell. But for the most part, Loading and unloading, I can not feel.

It's a great feeling when synced up for sure and when it's not, or I don't...oof. One of the few memory feelings that reminds me of my pole vaulting days on a smaller scale.

Nope, I have tried to see what people are "feeling: but I personally can't feel it.

Nope. My transition is way too quick for that.

Dear Lord no.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did once.

I feel something when I get the swing in perfect sync and at the top of my speed. It feels like I can sense the shaft in a loaded and then released fashion, but only at the bottom. This may be really good lag. I know I can usually feel where my hands are at impact and the face (60-75% of the time). I need to catch it on video one of these days and see if it's a really good lag or feeling the load-release at the bottom.

Don't feel it and not even sure I would know if I was or not.

I think so, but it might just be feeling a proper lag and aggressive release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back