GIVEAWAY - Kirkland Signature Golf Balls

matt_thatsme

Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
So, I'm a THP newbie still just trying to find my way around. I've really enjoyed the site/community so far, but I am looking for some insight from grizzled THP veterans as to how I can get the most out of my THP experience.

If you don't mind, post below with advice/recommendations/insight/guidance or just information about THP that you wish you would have known a week into your membership on THP. I'll use a random number generator (my wife) to select a number and the author of the corresponding post will receive a sleeve of Kirkland Signature golf balls as a small token of my appreciation.

I'll post the winner this Sunday.

Everybody on the forum loves to play golf... If you have anyone close by, just ask'em if they want to get out for a round.. The answer will always be 'Yes'! It's never awkward either.. A round of golf with a fellow THPr is more fun than a lot of rounds i've had with people i've known for years.

Get involved. Post in threads that interest you. Have fun.

Don't forget about the homepage.
Subscribe to the podcasts.
Use the search feature.
Ask questions no matter how stupid you think they are.

Meeting people in your area is a great start.

Don't be afraid and interact with others. The people on here are phenomenal and will seriously try to help you.
Also. Stay out of the presidential race thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be afraid and interact with others. The people on here are phenomenal and will seriously try to help you.
Also. Stay out of the presidential race thread.

There is a presidential race thread? Man, I'm glad I missed that one.

Try to get into an official event or even an unofficial gathering. You really get the full effect of the forum when you meet and play golf with fellow THPers. Also, follow THP on all the social media outlets.

Not an entry - Welcome to the THP family Matt, glad to have you with us. This place is just that, one big family/community gathered here from all walks of life to talk about golf and life. I've only been a short time as well and already have a sense of how special this place is. Ask away any questions you have and fellow THP'ers will respond. Stay active and participate in the forums and just have fun

There many golfing events throughout the year for fellow Thp'ers to get involved with so stay connected with the forums, twitter, youtube, and facebook, and instagram....cheers!

THP Represent!

Most generous, inclusive and friendly golf group you'll find anywhere. Almost anything you'd want to do it have questions on can be found. Welcome aboard.

Get as involved as possible. You'll learn so much just engaging with other THP family members. It's the best community around. Also, if you can, join the Albatross Club. It supports great causes and you won't regret it. Lastly, cruise the forums and follow THP'ers as you see fit. Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Never forget it's just golf and we do it for fun! We all have day jobs, golf is an escape, and THP is the same way, everyone takes it in, in their own way, but in the end it's all for fun and our common love of golf.

Golf food equipment apparel everything and anything you can dream of. Dive right in. Come for the golf stay for the friendships.

I am relatively new myself but I think what I have already learned is to come back often. You can miss a day and you will have missed SO much in that amount of time. Honestly, you miss a ton in hours if you don't pay attention - so many threads and posts!

get know as many people in your area as possible, meeting thper's makes it easier to network with others, jump right in and have fun!

Get involved as much as possible. Never knew THP was so awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wish I had know about the actual club and membership and what it supports. Had I known back then what I know now, it would have been a no brainer to join and support the cause for the year. The benefits of it are a bonus, but what it does to help organizations is tremendous.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The Tapatalk app on mobile devices (iPhone / iPad) is a great way to stay updated. Im rarely on a physical computer anymore so I use the app more often than not. I also recommend trying to get into a signature event, they are awesome.

Get involved, but do it on your terms. Swing your swing and enjoy THP in whatever way makes you happy.

Respect peoples opinions and have an open mind.

Don't be afraid to engage and say whatever it is you have to. We don't judge here and you will come to make friendships with a lot of cool people here. Make sure you sign up for events as well

I found out that THP values new threads over bumping old threads with similar but not identical subject matters. ?

Really though, embrace the generosity of this place and it will reward you tenfold.

Well a great way to start your THP experience is to come out to the course with Sparksjr. and I one weekend soon at Severiville golf club or at River Islands or any course around east Tennessee. No better way to jump on in than teeing it up with other THP'rs in your area.

the forum is full of anything and everything, so ask away/read away. If you can get into a round or an event with THP its awesome! have fun is the most important thing on here. Enjoy the contests and product pre/reviews. There is tons of great information and debates on here.

Tons of high quality information on THP, don't be afraid to post any question, use Search when curious on any subject/reviews. You won't find a more friendlier forum than THP. Welcome aboard.

Back