THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No movement, with only four scores posted since last revision and three of those were in Florida. The weather is just not conducive to posting scores, only twenty-eight scores posted this year so far.

Jumped up from 13.7 to 14, the Wentorth round made it in there for the cap. Ughhhh

And I need to get an official handicap. I went with the THP-linked handicap service, now to put some rounds on the board.

Still hanging at 7.8. I haven't played full 18 in over two weeks but have played two 9 hole practice rounds with some better results. I can feel my game on the edge right now of finally getting the consistency it needs to get my handi down to my goal of 5 (or less) after starting to play again 6 mos ago. I owe some thanks to THP for its help in this endeavor.

Outing in Vegas got me up to 9.4

Went up slightly to 6.5 from 6.4

Thought I might as well start contributing to this thread again. I stopped in the spring of last year when I got my index down to a 9, the lowest it's ever been. I relocated for work and my golf suffered considerably due to the time I was putting in at the new job.

I am in the process of rebuilding an accurate handicap at the local club we joined a few weeks ago. So far, I have 2 rounds (87 & 83) posted since then. Playing this course a lot should give me a pretty good traveling handicap because the layout is very different from the front 9 to the back 9. The front is pretty open, but the greens are very challenging. Most are elevated, some extremely so, & they all have considerable slopes/breaks. The back 9 puts more emphasis on accurate tee shots, but also has some challenging forced carry approach shots.

My goal is to have a real sub double digit handicap by the time the THPLegacy rolls around.

Portland's season officially starts again today. I have been posting everything through winter regardless (and most of them were ugly). Today's round counts.

My season starts today as well.
My game is not in a great place right now and my cap is going to skyrocket. I think I'm ok with that.

My season starts today as well.
My game is not in a great place right now and my cap is going to skyrocket. I think I'm ok with that.
My feelings as well.

Stuck at 13.4...of course, I haven't played a hole since November, so that could be a contributing factor. :act-up:

Down to 7.4 from 8.1. Even with an 88 and a 91 I still went down. A little confused, but Im okay with it

going the wrong way got to a 10.1 on the last revision trending higher.

Mine is screwed up right now because I switched to using GHIN and don't have enough rounds in for it to be accurate. It shows 23.6 but it's counting only two rounds and both are under 100 when most of my rounds are over 100. Should be closer to normal next month if the weather allows me to get some rounds in.

Mine is screwed up right now because I switched to using GHIN and don't have enough rounds in for it to be accurate. It shows 23.6 but it's counting only two rounds and both are under 100 when most of my rounds are over 100. Should be closer to normal next month if the weather allows me to get some rounds in.

You should be able to add previous rounds as well, no?

You should be able to add previous rounds as well, no?

i just did this yesterday. My league uses GHIN, so I took 20 of my previous US Handicap scores and entered them yesterday. Got a GHIN handicap with today's revision and they are within 1/2 stroke.

JM

Only one more month until my season starts. Seems hard to believe considering we got 8 inches of snow last night.

GHIN moving the wrong direction, but it is well deserved.
Jan 1 - 9.8
Mar 1 - 13.6

I hope to get this dang thing squared away in a few more months, then re-focus on lowering it.
Interestingly, my lowest indexes are from away courses….

I did put it old rounds. I started with 6 and it only took the lowest 1 at first. Then added a few more from this month and it's only counting the lowest 2. I only signed up for 2015 so I don't know if it's counting my 2014 rounds at all?

I haven't played enough rounds to calculate mine since I've been back playing, but I'm trending towards a 36... I haven't posted a round under 110 yet this year, although they've all been on courses with a slope of 130 or higher.

I did put it old rounds. I started with 6 and it only took the lowest 1 at first. Then added a few more from this month and it's only counting the lowest 2. I only signed up for 2015 so I don't know if it's counting my 2014 rounds at all?

From the USGA Handicap Manual:

82857398-0e1c-41ad-b7ec-46917e669e98.gif

After my 74 on Monday im trending down to 8.1. Unless I play again before the next revision it will be another PB.

My last round (84) of horrible driving bumped me from 7.8 to an 8.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back