The lack or traction is nothing new, that has been an Atlanta staple the last 4-5 years with restarts on the outside line. One thing TV never does good in terms of Atlanta is showing the racing in the middle of the pack. Being there yesterday, there were very few times I wasn't entertained in finding some type of battle on the track. The amount of fall off the cars go through at that track is amazing to witness and why there is so much passing there. Unfortunately it looks like with this car, clean air still rules as the guy that got out front built up a pretty good lead most of the time yesterday. I personally think the trackbar idea is a joke. If you want more passing why make something where a car in the lead by 3 seconds can also better their car. The biggest problem yesterday was that Atlanta is so worn that when you get some heat built up cars are sliding and getting loose you get a lot of good battles up front. The track temps were so cool that more cars were having tire fall off but not the handling issues. Will be interested to see how this rule package works once track temps go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Dale Earnhardt documentry called I am Dale Earmhardt coming on Spike TV at 10 .

Yep Smalls he owns that number . I think the reason he brought it back is for the merchandise sales of that number , However not many true Earnhardt Sr. Fans like the guy behind the wheel. Harvick didn't really help that when he called both Dillion brothers spoiled rich brats .

He brought it back because it was his grandsons number all through junior racing. Harvick and every other driver in the top series worked there way there. I think he understands that the Dillon's don't value being one of 43 of the top drivers in their sport. They don't value how hard it is to make it to that tier of racing and because of that they don't have the fire to be winners.

Yes, the car numbers are owned by the car owner (that's why Junior runs the double 8 - Earnheardt Racing owns the 8). Good idea too. Nascar wants to stick to one and two digit numbers for visibility and identity from the stands and by viewers. That and works for me. Even when a bunch of drivers swap seats I know who is who. As an old Earnhardt fan seeing the number 3 on a car doesn't bother me. Just like Keselowski driving the 2, Harvick driving the 4, Bain the 6, That little "it wasn't my fault that my car turned around all by itself in the middle of traffic" weasel driving the 11, and Almerola driving the 43 don't bother me. When you make it to that level you are one of 43 guys good enough to drive and compete at that level an wether it was Andretti, Foyt, a Jarret, Earnhardt, Elliot, any number of Wallaces, Buddy Baker, or even the King, someone else will drive your car number sooner or later.

Love the new rules package too. How surprising and fun was it to see the 47 and the 78 at the front at the end? It's great to see two single car teams in the top ten in points and running well.

Last edited:
...yep, (says the old Sr. fan) Dillon is cooking along in his second year. After 2 top tens in his first full year when he made it to 9th in points after Daytona. Harvick was there inside RCR seeing things we may never see. I think what he sees is two kids who have never had to compete for a ride or sleep on Ron Hornadays couch (google it.) while trying to get a ride and for that they get none of his respect.

Yes, the car numbers are owned by the car owner (that's why Junior runs the double 8 - Earnheardt Racing owns the 8). Good idea too. Nascar wants to stick to one and two digit numbers for visibility and identity from the stands and by viewers. That and works for me. Even when a bunch of drivers swap seats I know who is who.

Love the new rules package too. How surprising and fun was it to see the 47 and the 78 at the front at the end? It's great to see two single car teams in the top ten in points and running well.
Totally agree with the single car teams. 78 is my guy. Tough year last year on and off track. Seems to be more focused and aggressive so far this year.

Saw this card in Target yesterday.
cd3462-nas-car-birthday-card.jpg

So raise your hand if you remember in January 2014 Travis Kvapil pleaded guilty to domestic violence and Nascar did nothing. And Chevy didn't drop him.

So now no charges will be brought against Kurt Busch. He should be reinstated immediately.

So raise your hand if you remember in January 2014 Travis Kvapil pleaded guilty to domestic violence and Nascar did nothing. And Chevy didn't drop him.

So now no charges will be brought against Kurt Busch. He should be reinstated immediately.

My only question is what will NASCAR do with the "slippery slope" known as allowing him to be in the Chase if he wins. I tend to think if he is innocent then let him go but there had to be something in there to make him sit out a few races and go through the reinstatement process to begin with

Pretty blah race today in my opinion thanks to Harvick.. He took them to the woodshed. Still seems like clean air is the king. If I had a gold star to give, it would go to Truex. So impressed with the way the team has come back this year and ran solid in the first 3 races

Pretty blah race today in my opinion thanks to Harvick.. He took them to the woodshed. Still seems like clean air is the king. If I had a gold star to give, it would go to Truex. So impressed with the way the team has come back this year and ran solid in the first 3 races

Gold star winner is my guy. Really impressed with the bounce back by the entire team. A lot went on off track last year, and the only luck he's had for years is bad luck. Glad to see them turning things around. Seems like he's driving with a lot more confidence.

So Kurt Busch has officially been reinstated which I am ok with..... NASCAR also gave him a waiver to be in the Chase if he is eligible which I dont agree with. Of course alot of things have to go right for him as he has to be 30th or better in points which will be a bit of a struggle after missing 3 races. Will be fun to watch if he does get a win.

Hooray for Kurt being back. It would be awesome if he won his first race back. And allowing him to be chase eligible is the right thing to do. I hope he makes it.

Harvin dominates at this track. I only watched a little bit and turned on to see Dale Jr wreck. Stopped watching at that point

Harvick was just in another class this week and the only person that could have beat him was himself IMO. Some good runs for some guys who needed it yesterday (Jaime Mac and Jeff Gordon) Although I am not a Kurt Busch fan, it was alot of fun to watch him drive yesterday. Seemed like he had a fire in his belly and was driving with purpose every single lap. I felt the competition overall was really good yesterday as there were passes all over the place.

On to Fontana we go

I did not get to watch any of it but the end. When I got home from golfing I was switching between golf and nascar. Both of my guys had a great day yesterday, Harvick and Jordan.

I actually thought it was a pretty decent race for PIR. Besides Harvick dominating it looked like the racing was pretty good especially on restarts. I'm glad Gordon finally had a good run. I wonder if he didn't pit on that late caution of he would have finished better then 9th.

I didn't get a chance to watch the race yesterday, but as I imagined Harvick dominated the race and I'm just fine with that. I'm not sure that I can really remember a 7 race stretch that someone has ran as well as Kevin has for the last 7 races dating back to last year. I know Harry Gant, Mark Martin won 4 races in a row, but to finish in the Top-2 7 races in a row and 3 of those to be the last 3 Chase races of year and Daytona 500 is just flat impressive.

And there were a few surprising performances as well. Truex had a good day again with another top 10, Busch ran to a top 5 in his first race of the season, and Stenhouse finished top 15 and so did Dillon.

Surprising though is that even with Nascar taking power out of the engines the Toyotas who could not keep up last year are still struggling.

And there were a few surprising performances as well. Truex had a good day again with another top 10, Busch ran to a top 5 in his first race of the season, and Stenhouse finished top 15 and so did Dillon.

Surprising though is that even with Nascar taking power out of the engines the Toyotas who could not keep up last year are still struggling.

Frankly I'm surprised Toyota is even still in Nascar considering everything that Nascar has done to them.

I've noticed that since Nascar started pulling tires from teams for testing, that 48 is struggling. Hmmmm. LOL.

What a great last 100 laps tonight. Harvick looked like he was gonna get Jimmie but ran out of talent. On to Bristol Baby!!!

Agree, 4 just pushed it a little over the edge there at the end. Truex with another top 10!!

Good to see Jr. in V/L again. Good race and another solid finish by MTJr. Up to 2nd in points. Hopefully a win in KS. He's been good there.

78 running away and hiding early on tonight. Hope the rain delay doesn't change anything for them. Need a win the way they've been running all year. And won't need a vote in to get in All Star Race.

This race has been so much fun to watch.... Battles all over the place. Want to give a shout out and hopefully don't jinx him, but Erik Jones is wheeling it tonight in relief of Kyle Busch

Back