DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Well for the first time in my golf career I have talked the wife into going to the course. I don't look for her to play, but I'm so excited to have her tag along.

Awesome to hear!

That's awesome, getting your significant other on the course is always fun, my wife and I love playing golf together and now that both are kids play it's become a family activity as well.

Enjoy the day!

Enjoy the time with her. Have to admit, my wife has never even seen me on a golf course.

That's how it all starts! If you have a a TopGolf near try that next. Anything to get her interested!

Keep it low key and if she expresses interest have her take lessons. If she wants to hit balls do so in your backyard or at the end of the range away from people so she doesn't feel intimidated or self-conscious. My wife loves the par 27 course I take her to. Nothing is intimidating and she enjoys the walk.

Pro Tip: Hide the putter collection. :beat-up:

Thanks for all of the support we had a good time. She got a little bored and frustrated with it taking so long. We got behind a very slow group. I figured it wouldn't be crowded today but it was.

Thanks for all of the support we had a good time. She got a little bored and frustrated with it taking so long. We got behind a very slow group. I figured it wouldn't be crowded today but it was.
Does she like to walk? If so, see if there is a well maintained executive course near you. My wife likes the little par 27 course I mentioned because it's similar to playing golf in a park.

My wife and kids came out a few rounds with me at the end of last year. Just an executive course, but they had a great time driving he cart and just dropping balls here and there for putting and chipping.

Get her to hit a few balls!! It was what got my wife hooked!

Get her to hit a few balls!! It was what got my wife hooked!

Yup, once she gets a ball airborne she'll want to do it again and again. My wife has never played a round but loves going to the range and top golf. There's something euphoric about hitting a tiny ball with a tiny stick in the air...I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about that though :)

That is pretty exciting :banana: I wish my wife golfed, but she hates the sun :beat-up:

It is a very fun time. Enjoy.

that's great. I love that my wife plays the game and enjoys doing so. There are many nights throughout the year where she won't want to play, but instead will just come and walk 9 holes with me. Those rounds are just as enjoyable.

Very cool! One of my favorite rounds was when I had my wife tag alone for a round as well.

Enjoy it, should be fun for both of you. My wife is a tennis addict and has never set foot on a golf course. She claims that tennis is better than golf because someone is always hitting the ball back to you! Obviously she just doesn't get it! :act-up:

Back