Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Optishot??

Yep for now. Have a SkyTrak on my mind, however this allows me to get go in the basement and swing away. Problem is I have to fight my daughter to get a few swings in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow see what happens when I dont set things up

and where the heck are all the group golfer deals

GroupGolfer has pretty much got nothing locally lately

I would be interested in this. Those two weekends that are now out the window would of been bad for me also, but after that I've got nothing planned would be nice to meet some THP'ers.

Depending on where, I would love to meet up with some THPers and show you guys how not to hit a golf ball. Lol

I'll throw my virtual hat in the virtual ring, as well. Pending kids' soccer/basketball/softball tourneys, I might be able to make something work.

The golf coach from my school is a PGA pro and is starting a sim league up for faculty, staff, AND FRIENDS.

Walsh%20sim%20league_zpswooxn0jo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's 9 holes: (roughly 1.5 hours), six weeks. $20 per week or $100 if you pay up front. So far only 7 people signed up, and only 4 showed up for the free first week.

So I'm throwing this out to local THPers who might be looking for a way to play. The sim is set up on 564 East Hines Hill Road (just off Rout 8).

We have put together a fun after school event to help knock off the 'winter blues' while getting an early tune-up for the upcoming golf season. Consider joining us for some great camaraderie and enjoyable competition at a nearby 'golf simulator'.

. Open to any staff,faculty and administration member or guests
. A six-week two man team competition (pick your partner)
. Each team plays one week (9 holes) the day selected by the team
. Tee Times 3:30pm-5pm or 5:15 pm-7pm (Tuesday-Friday)
. 9 hole match two man best ball paired against another twosome
. March 3rd to April 10th
. The indoor facility is at 564 E. Hines Hill Rd. just off Rt.8

. Hosted by PGA golf professional and Walsh Jesuit Golf Coach Bill Reilly
. Bring your own clubs no golf shoes needed (tennis shoes)
. Nine holes take approximately 90 minutes to play
. Temperature controlled 55 to 60° (it's in the warehouse of a Fire Investigation Company)
. $20 fee per week (6) , pre-pay $100 for the six weeks

I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but at least I'm swinging a club - and Bill will offer swing tips as we play (or at least he did the first preview week).

Send me a PM if you're interested. Right now we're leaning toward Wed 3:30-5, but that's just guys from school. We don't all have to play at the same time - he'll set it up that we play the same course & keep track of scores, etc.

To my NE ohio boys I'll make a day in may work

Ohio Friends....

I will be making a return on the 12th-14 of April.
Hopefully courses are open and someone would like to catch an after work round.

Ohio Friends....

I will be making a return on the 12th-14 of April.
Hopefully courses are open and someone would like to catch an after work round.
Where you heading to?

Group Golfer Deal, might not be a bad spring tuneup

[h=1]$14 for 18 Holes with Cart at Raccoon Hill Golf Club in Kent near Akron ($40 Value. Good Any Day, Any Time until July 1, 2015.)[/h]
14254299094429.jpg

• [h=3]The Rule Book[/h]
    • Limit 4 per person. Must make tee time; subject to availability. Not valid for leagues, outings, cash back or with any other offer. Expires 7/1/2015.
    • See rules that apply to all deals
    • Enjoy!
  • [h=3]Deal Features[/h]
    • Playing 6,300 yards from the back tees, Raccoon Hill's 70.9/121 course/slope-rated course offers the best playing experience in Kent. This beautiful championship layout is perfect for any player.

Anyone doing this? I will

If its still available when I get home Id do it. I seem to head to Ohio enough for golf.

Anyone doing this? I will

I'll get a couple. This is my regular Monday league course. Nothing special. Front nine is nice enough, but back nine has a 4-hole stretch where even average length players can't use driver (#13: a double-dogleg, Z-hole, #14: a 90-degree dogleg, #15: par three, #16: a 211 yard par 4 guarded by tall trees) - then you get the toughest driving hole of the course. Tough to pull off a good drive when you haven't hit driver for an hour.

I'll get a couple. This is my regular Monday league course. Nothing special. Front nine is nice enough, but back nine has a 4-hole stretch where even average length players can't use driver (#13: a double-dogleg, Z-hole, #14: a 90-degree dogleg, #15: par three, #16: a 211 yard par 4 guarded by tall trees) - then you get the toughest driving hole of the course. Tough to pull off a good drive when you haven't hit driver for an hour.

Played there last summer, def some odd holes but not a terrible course. Def not for this deal

Played there last summer, def some odd holes but not a terrible course. Def not for this deal

Definitely Worth $14 for 18 & a cart! Guess I'm just a little tired of playing it & want to branch out a bit more this year.

I think if courses open, could be golfing again in a week or two. Supposed to be high 40's with some rain this week which could melt most if not all of the snow on the course, then give it a week to dry out a little hopefully and optimistically be out in mid 40's low 50's weather in 2 weeks. Optimism.

I'm thinking the same thing...7 to 10 days and it will be go time

Range time from now until then. I can't wait to get out there

Clubs regripped, driver cut down to size, I'm ready!

Sorry guys I have a tee time for Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back