Freddie can you have a look?

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie, can you take a look at a couple swings and let me know what you think? I worked a lot this past year to eliminate an over the top move and feel I've gotten over that habit. I'm generally happy with the results my swing produces. I'm longer than ever with all my clubs, but I feel I might be leaving distance on the table with the driver. My drives stay in play most of the time. I tend to draw the ball a bit with all clubs, and my big miss is a high straight push or push fade. Whatever thoughts you might have are appreciated.

head on and DTL swings are the same swing, I just can't get them side by side in the same video:

Driver Swing DTL: http://youtu.be/oUm6pHFrZRw
Driver Swing Head On: http://youtu.be/dIMz8-OaTD8
6 iron DTL: http://youtu.be/ei3lLzxy-_Y
6 iron head on: http://youtu.be/M-n3Qas0Jfs

Thanks!

Thanks for posting the videos. You are making a great pass at the ball with plenty of power. If you are looking for more distance, we will need to keep the left leg a little less active. I'd also like to see you swing into the inside of the right leg a bit more. You seem to be getting on the outside of the that leg just a bit. I'd also like to see those hands pushed away from the right shoulder at the top of your swing. At this time, you are crowding that area a bit and it is causing you to release the club a little early. If you are a little quick I can see you getting out in front and seeing the push face.

All in all, I like what I am seeing. Those small fixes should dial you in.

Thanks Freddie!
In my lessons, we did a drill where I would swing with a basketball between my knees. This restricted my hip turn which was out of control. Would that help me get the feeling of a less active left leg?

Thanks Freddie!
In my lessons, we did a drill where I would swing with a basketball between my knees. This restricted my hip turn which was out of control. Would that help me get the feeling of a less active left leg?
I was told at a young age to push the knees out. this feeling really allows you to turn the upper body against the lower. pushing the knees out will.also limit you shoulder turn and allow you to get those hands away from the shoulders.

I was told at a young age to push the knees out. this feeling really allows you to turn the upper body against the lower. pushing the knees out will.also limit you shoulder turn and allow you to get those hands away from the shoulders.
Ok. Push the knees out. I will try that. Seems like it would be a little unnatural, but that's the way it is with something new all the time. I'll post some more video after I work on that a while.

I only had time to do a few swings this afternoom, but I felt like I was getting good results pushing the knees out. I was hitting straight 7 irons, and long drivers. Have to work on it more to get consistent. It felt a little awkward, like I was riding a horse, but keeping that feeling throughout the swing kept me from shifting my weight too far back over my right leg. It also felt like it shortened up my backswing, but not too much. I didn't focus on my hands this time, but I have lots of time to get to that.

I'll keep at it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Freddie! I can't believe how well you can pinpoint what needs to be fixed.

Bump for Freddie. Might have missed this in Vegas.

One more bump. Any new thoughts Panda?

i have to say, that's one of the most dramatic improvements in less than 30 days from an internet-based lesson that i've ever seen. your swing looks tremendously better!

CC. It's coming along.

I wish I could straighten my left arm like you do. Looking good my friend!

Thanks guys! Not bad for staying inside all winter.

I like the work you've done, I can see you've been working hard. Before I comment, are you happy with the swing?

I like the work you've done, I can see you've been working hard. Before I comment, are you happy with the swing?
I'm pretty happy with it. I am hitting the ball further and much more in control with my irons. When I get lazy with a swing, it shows, as it should. Driver I've been having a case of the lefts, but I think my grip was a bit too strong. When I get quick, miss is out right.

I'm pretty happy with it. I am hitting the ball further and much more in control with my irons. When I get lazy with a swing, it shows, as it should. Driver I've been having a case of the lefts, but I think my grip was a bit too strong. When I get quick, miss is out right.
Look at your down the line driver swing and pause it on the down swing. Your hands are way out in front and your hips are still parrallel. This will produce the lefts. It's not over the top but across the line at the bottom. Those hands should be closer to that right hip and this would produce a more favorable shot shape. Slow down your transition, it will help.

Look at your down the line driver swing and pause it on the down swing. Your hands are way out in front and your hips are still parrallel. This will produce the lefts. It's not over the top but across the line at the bottom. Those hands should be closer to that right hip and this would produce a more favorable shot shape. Slow down your transition, it will help.
Thanks Freddie. I'll have a look and keep this in mind. tempo is an eternal struggle.

Here are a couple of driver swings from my range session today. I've been missing out to the right so I was working on that. Alignment was an issue I think.

These two were a couple of my better swings.

Camera was a but too close to the target line so I apologize for the weird angle.

https://youtu.be/yGj2ZclwQjY

https://youtu.be/HFJ3hfmnprE

Panda bump.

Back