Does anybody ever walk at THP events?

I'll walk off a hole or bad shot, I've had playing partners do the same and I'm cool with that but never would I walk an entire event even if the course was set up to do so.

I'll walk when playing with guys I've played with numerous times though when we just get together.

I think once you experience a THP event you'll understand why nobody wants to walk and miss out on the time in a cart with your partner

Hahahahaha if I could love this post I would. I hope he sees this too
84c5b737e3c266183bd85163d9f9c1fb.jpg

When I saw the thread title I immediately went to this picture in my head lol

At thp events "JB pace" is the recommended pace and add in the "kicking it with THPERS time" and walking is all but impossible. Makes for a heck of a good time though :)

I would like to say something about this. It's not "JB Pace". It's the pace of the course and if you guys only knew how many times a ranger comes by or the head pro calls or texts us and tells us we need to speed up our group, you would be shocked. When you are the host of a large group, the course rides you pretty hard to make sure your group is on pace, because even if it's not your group who is slow, they always blame you anyhow.

We have to respect the course, that's why we are so strict on pace of play.

I would like to say something about this. It's not "JB Pace". It's the pace of the course and if you guys only knew how many times a ranger comes by or the head pro calls or texts us and tells us we need to speed up our group, you would be shocked. When you are the host of a large group, the course rides you pretty hard to make sure your group is on pace, because even if it's not your group who is slow, they always blame you anyhow.

Everybody's longer on the internet and a much faster player. Should have an #outingapproved t-shirt for finishing in 4 hours :comp:

Everybody's longer on the internet and a much faster player. Should have an #outingapproved t-shirt for finishing in 4 hours :comp:

It is interesting how it appears as of late so many THP Events are behind on the clock when nobody playing in them is slow. Especially considering most of the time the format is conducive to being faster. While I prefer fast play, I am not playing in these, so GG is right in why we are adament about it.

I prefer to walk whenever I can, but I don't think I'd enjoy walking at a THP event. Sometimes cart time with your riding partner can be the best part of the round.

It is interesting how it appears as of late so many THP Events are behind on the clock when nobody playing in them is slow. Especially considering most of the time the format is conducive to being faster. While I prefer fast play, I am not playing in these, so GG is right in why we are adament about it.

Should hire Sgt. Hurryup from Highlands of Elgin. That guy will scare you into picking up the pace.

I play fast, it just takes me more time since I'm hitting twice as many shots as everyone else.....

I guess I had never thought about it. Speaking only of official THP events, which I have only played 2 (with 2+ more to come this Summer), since they give me a cart included with the fee, I'm going to take the cart. Beyond that, the courses sometimes have some awfully long stretches between holes.

And while it was not the official event, I can remember playing murder rock in Branson the day after THP Branson. It seems like it took 10 minutes to get from 9th green to the 10th tee off, and that was in a cart. I might still be there if I didn't have a cart (and that hill was huge).

~Rock

It's an impossible task... And quite honestly, some/most of my THP rounds have been longer than my average play time, purely because everyone wants to chat and enjoy each others company. It's a tough balance, but it's always great to have Josh or the rangers out there reminding the groups about pace of play. It's so easy to get lost in the round when you're with THPers.

We always walk in our local THP gatherings, but official THP events it's always cart, and I'm ok with that. Makes for more good social time with your cart mate.

My last Official THP event was Branson, and it was a bit slow. We were eventually told it was some group in front of the first THP group.

I'm 99% sure golf courses with higher end GPS in the carts can track the carts from the club house....meaning they should be able to tell who the slow group is.

But apparently, the large group still gets blamed.

~Rock

What happens when the THP Event is scheduled behind the "1st Annual Tiger Woods Impersonators Who Can't Break 100 Tournament"?
#THPCallawayTexas

Just want to thank these posts so many times. :angel:

Nothing better than being on the clock by hole #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to thank these posts so many times. :angel:

Hehehe.

Playing quick is great. Gave me an extra hour for drinks by the pool at PGA National.

Hehehe.

Playing quick is great. Gave me an extra hour for drinks by the pool at PGA National.

more time for cigars and selfies

And more time to get your butt kicked on golden tee at PGA National :)

Hehehe.

Back