mycle

Reaction score
Handicap
My brother says sometimes he can't walk without this "supplement" due to gout and other curses. From wiki: Mitragyna speciosa Korth., is a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria.

http://www.sagewisdom.org/kratomguide.html

Kratom is made from the powder from the leaves of the tree. It is sold in smoke shops in capsule form for about $10/pill and in powder form online for much cheaper/dose. The DEA had a notice out that they were going to make it controlled but the Kratom community organized and the DEA backed off this month so it is still legal in about 43 states, including Texas. It is illegal in countries of origin in SE Asia.

I did some reading and there are many many people who take it to manage chronic pain rather than take prescription opiates and some people take it for the high and others to wean themselves from heroin.

Anyone have any experience with this? I used it once over the weekend for headache and jaw pain (bruxism) and it did give me a buzz and also helped with pain but I didn't sleep very good. I'm not normally adventurous with drugs of any kind.

If this helps with gout I am all ears

Ahah what? I do not believe that you never used Kratom. This is simply not possible because most Americans have been using kratom for a long time and it is considered a very relaxing substance and is completely safe. I first tried Kratom when I was 16, but my father found out about it and categorically forbade the use of this substance. After that, he himself began to drink tea with kratom leaves from Kratomrack.com and his attitude to this substance changed completely. Now we regularly buy kratom from this manufacturer. I use kratom to cope with insomnia, and my father to combat joint pain and the effect is just awesome!

Last edited:
I've seen some pretty terrible side effects and zero good outcomes to this point.

Doesn’t sound like something I want to mess around with after doing a little research. No thank you to the addictive qualities.

After cold turkying it from Diluadid after being on it for only 3 weeks after my accident, I NEVER want to do that again. That was taking as prescribed, half the time IV in the hospital. I won’t take something that strong for more than 3 straight days ever again unless I’m terminal. After three days they’ll either taper it or swap me out to something not as strong to step down.

Nope. No desire to even poke around at it. Glad it’s helping some but read enough people that traded an opiate addiction for this one and seems like equal hell to stop. Hard pass.

I’ve been taking Kratom for the past 6 months. I take it 5 days a week for cognitive benefits. I buy from a popular supplement brand and have strayed away from the gas station or smoke shop variety Kratom. I feel like it gives me a little extra boost in concentration. I’ve also taken it before workouts and just felt a little more energetic. I’ve been enjoying using it and will continue to. I’ve never had any side affects and I’m certainly not addicted. Last vacation I took at the end of last year, I didn’t take it for 2 weeks. I didn’t notice any “come down” or anything like that.

Back