PGA Tour Top 30 Players to Watch

The Dave

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So over the month of December, the pgatour.com has been releasing a player a day to get the Top 30 Players to Watch in 2017. I will update this post as they are announced but what do you think of the list?

#1 hasn't been announced, but I put my guess in...

1. Rory McIlroy???
2. Dustin Johnson
3. Jason Day
4. Jordan Spieth
5. Patrick Reed
6. Phil Mickelson
7. Rickie Fowler
8. Bubba Watson
9. Henrik Stenson
10. Hideki Matsuyama
11. Adam Scott
12. Justin Rose
13. Jimmy Walker
14. Sergio Garcia
15. Justin Thomas
16. Danny Willett
17. Matt Kuchar
18. Emiliano Grillo
19. Daniel Berger
20. Andrew "Beef" Johnson
21. Jon Rahm
22. Paul Casey
23. Russell Knox
24. Brooks Koepka
25. Bryson DeChambeau
26. Wesley Bryan
27. Si Woo Kim
28. Ryan Moore
29. Anirban Lahiri
30. Tiger Woods

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMHO, Hideki at 10 is a joke.

Hideki is 100% winning a major this year. Personally I'd have Fitzpatrick on that list too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

IMHO, Hideki at 10 is a joke.

Too low, or too high?

I think you could (pretty easily) make the case he should be above Rickie right now.

It's an interesting list. I'd probably put Brooks Koepka ahead of Justin Thomas, and I don't know that I'd have Danny Willett that high either.

Too low, or too high?

I think you could (pretty easily) make the case he should be above Rickie right now.

It's an interesting list. I'd probably put Brooks Koepka ahead of Justin Thomas, and I don't know that I'd have Danny Willett that high either.

Too low. There was no one hotter to end 2016. To say he isn't one of the top 5 to watch is insane to me. I would flip him to at least #5 and bump the current 5-9 down a spot.

Hideki is 100% winning a major this year. Personally I'd have Fitzpatrick on that list too.

I agree with both points. I think I picked him in every THP major contest last year so either I will keep picking him and it will pay off or I need to stop picking him to not keep jinxing the poor guy.

Too low. There was no one hotter to end 2016. To say he isn't one of the top 5 to watch is insane to me.

Agreed, although given his performance in the Ryder Cup I can see why they'd put Patrick Reed ahead of him too. 5, 6 or 7 seems like a much better spot though.

Too low, or too high?

Totally agree with Willet, I think he might be a bit of a flash in the pan.

Wheres Aphibarnrat?

I thought Tiger would have been #1.

I was just thinking that any list of players to watch would have Ryan Moore over Tiger Woods.

I like Fowler just as much as the 15 year old girls do, however having him in front of Stenson and Matsuyama is a bit crazy to me. Matsuyama finished the year on fire, and Stenson played pretty well down the home stretch last year from the Open on.

I legitimately think Tiger should be a lot higher than 30. Why? Because he moves the needle more than any player on that list. #1? Nah, I don't think he should quite be #1 but definitely in the top 10. The dude hits the driving range and it makes the news. People talk about him ALL THE TIME! He's the 2nd richest athlete in all of sports. He's simply a player to watch.

I also agree that Hideki should be top 5, if not top 3.

I legitimately think Tiger should be a lot higher than 30. Why? Because he moves the needle more than any player on that list. #1? Nah, I don't think he should quite be #1 but definitely in the top 10. The dude hits the driving range and it makes the news. People talk about him ALL THE TIME! He's the 2nd richest athlete in all of sports. He's simply a player to watch.

I also agree that Hideki should be top 5, if not top 3.
In a media sense, I agree Tiger should be way up there because everybody talks about him and when he plays it is a sight to see with the crowds and airtime.

With regards to golf performance this year, I don't think Tiger will be very high and #30 is about right.

So if they're talking about winning majors and competing week in and week out, I think they are close with their top 5. They definitely played into bigger names in the top 5, because I would think that Hideki should be there with how he's been playing

In a media sense, I agree Tiger should be way up there because everybody talks about him and when he plays it is a sight to see with the crowds and airtime.

With regards to golf performance this year, I don't think Tiger will be very high and #30 is about right.

So if they're talking about winning majors and competing week in and week out, I think they are close with their top 5. They definitely played into bigger names in the top 5, because I would think that Hideki should be there with how he's been playing

I can't argue with that perspective one bit!!

Honestly I think Tiger should be top 5. Not a homer but I just think this is a defining comeback.

So over the month of December, the pgatour.com has been releasing a player a day to get the Top 30 Players to Watch in 2017. I will update this post as they are announced but what do you think of the list?

#1 hasn't been announced, but I put my guess in...

1. Rory McIlroy???
2. Dustin Johnson
3. Jason Day
4. Jordan Spieth
5. Patrick Reed
6. Phil Mickelson
7. Rickie Fowler
8. Bubba Watson
9. Henrik Stenson
10. Hideki Matsuyama
11. Adam Scott
12. Justin Rose
13. Jimmy Walker
14. Sergio Garcia
15. Justin Thomas
16. Danny Willett
17. Matt Kuchar
18. Emiliano Grillo
19. Daniel Berger
20. Andrew "Beef" Johnson
21. Jon Rahm
22. Paul Casey
23. Russell Knox
24. Brooks Koepka
25. Bryson DeChambeau
26. Wesley Bryan
27. Si Woo Kim
28. Ryan Moore
29. Anirban Lahiri
30. Tiger Woods

I have to think this is their wish list. Some
If the guys listed I don't think will be a factor at all. I don't see Bryson, Knox, lahiri, willet, Berger or beef will be in the lime light.

Had a look at the odds for Hideki last night to win ANY major, 9/2 - seems like a no brainer to me!

Hideki for certain, my dark horse would be Koepka

Brooks Koepka was top 13 (2016) in both strokes gained off the tee and strokes gained putting. Show or Dough? With Brooks you don't have to pick one.
He should be higher IMO.

Back