DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying when Michelle says to me, "Between basketball and golf, you're never here" she has a point ? :(

Good thing she is wonderful and for the most part supports my two passions.

Yea, I made it clear to Cindy when we started going out before we got married ( both our second ) that I played golf ( and before that basketball - that played a part in the downfall of my first marriage ) before her on Sundays, and that wasn't going to change. She has never fought me on it or complained about it, although I have pushed the envelope a few times playing on both Saturday & Sunday!

Yea, I made it clear to Cindy when we started going out before we got married ( both our second ) that I played golf ( and before that basketball - that played a part in the downfall of my first marriage ) before her on Sundays, and that wasn't going to change. She has never fought me on it or complained about it, although I have pushed the envelope a few times playing on both Saturday & Sunday!
I pretty much told Michelle the same thing. "I'm big into sports so here are a few dates we always need to keep free"

Basketball
Every weekend in March

Golf
First weekend in April
3rd weekend in June
3rd or 4th weekend in July
Some weekend in August

And oh yeah, every Saturday and Sunday From September through January.

She said, so what basically I get the month of February? I was like...Well if you must, I guess so. This June we'll celebrate 20 years, so I guess it's worked OK. Funny thing is she's come to look forward to some of those weekends herself now :)

I pretty much told Michelle the same thing. "I'm big into sports so here are a few dates we always need to keep free"

Basketball
Every weekend in March

Golf
First weekend in April
3rd weekend in June
Some weekend in August

She said, so what basically I get the month of February? I was like...Well if you must, I guess so. This June we'll celebrate 20 years, so I guess it's worked OK. Funny thing is she's come to look forward to some of those weekends herself now :)

damn Rob, you need to teach me some negociation skills

CAA-Beat:

My wife understands the term "golf widow", but like your lady, she is very understanding. We use a calendar, if there is something that is important to her, she writes it on the calendar. If there is nothing on the calendar, she knows I am off to the golf course. I have also agreed that I will not consume much alcohol and then drive home. There is only one topic that the wife flatly refuses to give in. That is me ever having another motorcycle. The bad news, no motorcycle, the good news, the wife apparently wants me alive.

Absolutely! Let me know - I live 20min north of Baltimore.

My wife is pretty easy. she likes when i am gone on a saturday or sunday for golf. I try to make a weekend each month for her and then there is usually 1 weekend where we have a commitment so i usually get two weekends a month to play with no worries. she has been understanding so far with the THP events, probably helps she is going to one of them.

My wife is pretty easy. she likes when i am gone on a saturday or sunday for golf. I try to make a weekend each month for her and then there is usually 1 weekend where we have a commitment so i usually get two weekends a month to play with no worries. she has been understanding so far with the THP events, probably helps she is going to one of them.
I think that is so key Eric...So many of the guys that have brought their wives to an event, say afterward the wife says "I totally get why you are into these event so much"

I tested the waters with Michelle on LITA, it was pretty much a no.

I floated the Bridgestone Championship in Orlando by her, and that was actually a discussion and possibility, but in the end we agreed it really wasn't her ideal. She said if it was one day of golf and not two, then she'd much more likely to go.

She has met Kevin, and really liked him. I told her there are a bunch more just like him out there. well maybe not just like him, Kevin is one of a knd. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Congrats! That's a long time!!

Basketball
Every weekend in March

Golf
First weekend in April
3rd weekend in June
Some weekend in August

I think that is so key Eric...So many of the guys that have brought their wives to an event, say afterward the wife says "I totally get why you are into these event so much"

I tested the waters with Michelle on LITA, it was pretty much a no.

I floated the Bridgestone Championship in Orlando by her, and that was actually a discussion and possibility, but in the end we agreed it really wasn't her ideal. She said if it was one day of golf and not two, then she'd much more likely to go.

She has met Kevin, and really liked him. I told her there are a bunch more just like him out there. well maybe not just like him, Kevin is one of a knd. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

yeah. it took a bit to convince the wife on LIITA but eventually she gave in and i am hoping she gets the "i am going to play with a bunch of guys i have never met before" thing. I am hoping Paula gets to me the DMV crew this year.

Totally agree on the bold. Kevin is one of the good ones.

Need to do a burger and beer or something with the SOs and crew soon.

yeah. it took a bit to convince the wife on LIITA but eventually she gave in and i am hoping she gets the "i am going to play with a bunch of guys i have never met before" thing. I am hoping Paula gets to me the DMV crew this year.

Totally agree on the bold. Kevin is one of the good ones.

Need to do a burger and beer or something with the SOs and crew soon.
Set it up! Let's do it

Set it up! Let's do it

on it. maybe somewhere in Mo Co make it a little easier on the Va guys. Now time to find the right spot.
Sounds good to me.

And to add on to this, I know I haven't posted anything about the Club Champion date on March 21 yet. It's still a bit up in the air for me...we may have a family commitment that day, that I haven't found out for sure about yet. But I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out something.

As for a burger and beer get together, I can pretty much make any Sunday (except this weekend) in the near future.

Sounds good to me.

And to add on to this, I know I haven't posted anything about the Club Champion date on March 21 yet. It's still a bit up in the air for me...we may have a family commitment that day, that I haven't found out for sure about yet. But I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out something.

As for a burger and beer get together, I can pretty much make any Sunday (except this weekend) in the near future.

that date has become iffy for me to. we have a project at work that was supposed to be completed the weekend before but we seem to run into an issue everytime we run a failover test. now we might be replacing the last device this day depending if we can get another project moved

on it. maybe somewhere in Mo Co make it a little easier on the Va guys. Now time to find the right spot.

I'll make it - don't mind a jaunt down 95 for something like that!

Tough to think about golf on a day like today..... Done with this weather

Agree! Supposed to have a tournament next Saturday (14th ) at South Riding...hard to see that happening...

Agree! Supposed to have a tournament next Saturday (14th ) at South Riding...hard to see that happening...
Maybe if we hit 60 this week!

Maybe if we hit 60 this week!

That would be nice! On a positive note, looks like this MAY be winters last hurrah here - seeing upper 40's - mid 50's all next week...

That would be nice! On a positive note, looks like this MAY be winters last hurrah here - seeing upper 40's - mid 50's all next week...
It should be.... March is Golf month usually

We are getting pounded up here!! I think we already have 4" of snow. If the heavy stuff isn't coming down until this afternoon this could be a big storm, in feet

We are getting pounded up here!! I think we already have 4" of snow. If the heavy stuff isn't coming down until this afternoon this could be a big storm, in feet
Yeah it is coming down pretty good here also. That icy stuff under the snow makes it that much worse. This will be one nasty storm.

a whopping 2 inches in Cumberland!

Might get to the range on Thursday
Wow how'd you get by with that. We got 8" in Howard County, at least that's what Michelle told me when she went out to shovel and clean her car. It was kind of hard to tell from inside four floors up :)

In the 4-5" range in Crofton. Shoveled once already and will be going back out in a couple hours plus need to clean off the car

In my front yard there is just under 8" of snow!! I don't know where the news is getting their numbers but I measured many places in the front yard and all about the same. This is UNREAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back