Favorite Tiger Woods Moment

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiger Woods turns 41 today and as we turn towards the new year, I thought it would be a fun conversation about his most memorable moments on the course. What is your favorite Tiger Woods moment?

2008 US open and the putt on #18 to force a playoff. I waited 6 hours on that grandstand and it was so worth it!!

Winning the 2006 British Open after his father passed. Very emototional reactions from Tiger.

2008 US open and the putt on #18 to force a playoff. I waited 6 hours on that grandstand and it was so worth it!!

This is mine too.

“Oh my goodness. Oh, wow! In your life have you seen anything like that?”

Too many to count but this one was great!!

2005 Masters chip in or 2008 US Open putt...I think I love some of his shots out of trouble as much as anything.

Another favorite was a huge cut 3W from the right rough. I mean it was a bubba type shot before there was a bubba

Another favorite was a huge cut 3W from the right rough. I mean it was a bubba type shot before there was a bubba

I remember watching that one. The camera angle was perfect and you could see the ball flight the entire time

I remember watching that one. The camera angle was perfect and you could see the ball flight the entire time

Yep that's the one with that old metal head Titleist. I think JM was on the call and went bananas

Two shots immediately come to mind and both are chip-ins. The first one is mentioned above...#16 at Masters in 2005. The second one is #16 at the Memorial in 2012.

This one and the shot he hit on one leg vs Mediate to force the playoff at Torrey. Unbelievable.

This one and the shot he hit on one leg vs Mediate to force the playoff at Torrey. Unbelievable.

I mean, the guy just knew how to get it done. He did it time and time again. The 6 iron out the bunker at the Canadian open or the 3 iron out of the bunker at Firestone with ball way below his feet and lip issues.

I didn't see this video until a few years ago since I never was watching golf, but I loved the hole in one at the phoenix open back in 97.

[video=youtube;bHZ3x-A_-AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZ3x-A_-AM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This shot...I've never missed watching a Masters, even the years I didn't play. This just blew my mind...

Out of all of his memorable ones this is the biggest one for me. I remember being so interested in how focused he was when he was surveying what to do. I swear the next time I went out to play it took 3 hours to play 9 holes because before every shot I just stared and acted like I was planning the perfect shot!

[video=youtube;bHZ3x-A_-AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZ3x-A_-AM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is another one that immediately popped in to my mind. I watched that live and went crazy when he pulled that off, I just couldn't believe it. My parents had to think I was an idiot when watching Tiger because I got so riled up.

That may be the greatest shot I've ever seen from anyone

Third round of the 1996 Greater Milwaukee Open. 5th Hole. Short Par 3. Tiger was on but short and two putted for a standard par. The hole was insignificant. But I was sitting greenside when it happened. I was 12 at the time. Tiger looked like he was 6'11''.

Back