TaylorMade Debuts Outlet Store

There has been an influx of product in the marketplace that has moved at a slower pace than expected
Sorry, but LOL.

"There has been" should be "We created".

Wonder how Dick's and the rest of them will like this if they have the Jetspeed stuff cheaper than Dick's even bought it for.

Wonder how Dick's and the rest of them will like this if they have the Jetspeed stuff cheaper than Dick's even bought it for.

Between the two PGA Super Stores and the Golfsmith XTreme (and whatever they plan on doing with the Golf Dimensions store they bought out) in the area I doubt it'll make much difference, especially since the outlet will be selling older model clubs (by the looks of it).

Hopefully this will allow the retailers more of an option on what to do with their overstock like they do with many pro shops.

Interesting! I wonder if their used clubs will come from the pre-owned area? Considering the trade- in value they offer, compared to what they want to sell the clubs for - I think I'll buy another manufacturer's new clubs! I think their pricing is a rip off!!

Interesting! I wonder if their used clubs will come from the pre-owned area? Considering the trade- in value they offer, compared to what they want to sell the clubs for - I think I'll buy another manufacturer's new clubs! I think their pricing is a rip off!!
They're not alone in doing that, everyone does. Everyone uses the PGA Value guide for trade in values. Go to Global Golf's website and do a trade in and then compare that with what they're selling used sets of the same club for. I've seen everyone's numbers are fairly close.

Will they buy up from the smaller shops? Doubtful.

My guess was be crediting stores. We sell a decent volume of TM product considering the size of our club. In return they credit us with what we don't sell and have in stock and are able to use that credit towards the new product line the next year. The more we sell in a season, the higher our credit is.

Oh and for those folks mentioning "recouping some of their money"

I can promise you that even at the great prices you will see they are not losing money on the transaction, especially on the apparel side.
And if it is like many other outlets, the apparel could be made especially for the outlet with lower cost and quality.

Definitely one way of getting their surplus out there for the buyer. Will be curious to see if this business model will actually be sustainable for them. Only time will tell.

I'll be down in Myrtle at the end of April...might give it a look.

Interesting way to alleviate some of their massive excess inventory. I wonder how this will impact their "like new" stuff online.

They already do this with footwear, clothes and balls at Adidas outlet stores. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I Will be checking it out come July, Adidas shoes are my favorite. But as other have said the outlet prices usually still can't beat online pricing.

I like the idea, what better place as is a golf Mecca. They have many TM and Adidas products at the local Adidas store and it sells pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this will be great, but only if they offer better prices.
I'm not impressed with their pre-owned site/prices so I don't see their outlet prices being very good either.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Wow, you don't think PGASS will be upset do you. I know they have excess inventory but between the Internet, Amazon, eBay and who knows what else they should not have to bite the retail hand that feeds them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news. We have a few outlets places around here that could use on of those. Already have an Adidas outlet by Morongo.

It will be interesting to see how they work out pricing with the local retailers but I think it's a good move.

I dont see the problem with pricing. Outlet stores are full of manufacturers selling direct competing against their own merchants. Outlet malls arent exactly a weekly shopping trip for most I imagine anyway. This will target tourists mostly.

JB or MD...I'm wondering if this could be something very similar both from a product and price standpoint as to TMAG's Employee Store that they have in the HQ building.

Im sure you both have been in there and probably made purchases. On my visit, it was a like a very nice small retail store but with steeply discounted prices, ( I don't know if it's ok to mention the discount here, so I won't).

But I could see a very similar type store doing well in certain locations. The product wasn't the latest, but the prices were too much too pass up.

If the store is open in May I will be sure to check it out

Callaway has their pre own site and sells a lot of clubs that could be sold through stores, instead they get all the business and money. A lot of bigger companies in other areas as well, I'm in the paint automotive body panels and only one big place left to buy from and they are wanting to sell to everyone and cut out me and other people. Taylormade is similar they are wanting to sell to everyone. I may not have explain that correct. Wal mart help put out the small local town store mom and pops as some people call them. Dollar General now is putting stores everywhere they use to be small groceries stores or small clothes shops mainly in rural areas or outskirts of town. I miss the small country stores they slowly are going away.

Think they should have opened in Orlando first with the international climate and local golfers. It will be interesting to see if this takes off.

It will be interesting to see where TMAG opens their outlets. MB is a golf mecca and I would have thought that the Palm Springs area would have been seen in a similar light. I'm not complaining since Livermore is fairly close by. However, at the 2 courses I play in the area (Poppy Ridge, Wente) outside of drivers most bags contain more Callaway than TMAG.

Edit: Forgot about Adams hybrids being TMAG (I'm still in denial)

Think they should have opened in Orlando first ...
I think TMaG saw the writing on the #RegionalRivalry wall and decided to open their first store in the winning region. #Carolinas

Back