What is your preferred time in-between rounds?

Mrs_Bcape9

Reaction score
Do you typically try to space out your rounds so you aren't playing back to back days?

I have found that if I play back to back rounds I can get lazy with my swing. Do you try and leave time in-between rounds or just play as much as possible?

I like a nice 40 minutes or so to grab a bite to eat and maybe take a few swings on the range if things didnt go so well the first 18

Days. :act-up:

Usually an hour or two is good enough for me. I played a lot of days this past year in the morning and then again in the afternoon, and I was surprised by how better I played in the afternoon rounds. Probably have to attribute that to being in better shape this year.

Right now it's been about a month. I haven't played 36 in a day in about 2 and a half years. I would happily play 36 if time allowed.

I am good with 3 or 4 straight days but then am ready for a day off before resuming.

Right now it's been about a month. I haven't played 36 in a day in about 2 and a half years. I would happily play 36 if time allowed.

Didn't we do 36 at Regional Rivalry?

Double post....

Didn't we do 36 at Regional Rivalry?

27. It may have felt like 36 with the heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 4 days in a row of 18 holes is about tops for me and then I could use a little break.

An hour tops. Enough time to use the restroom, get something to eat and hit a couple range balls

If I'm doing 36 in a day I prefer going right back out or my back gets very tight. I can usually play 2-3 days in a row but after that body gets tired and bad habits creep in.

I struggle with playing 36 holes or more in a day as I don't think my "golf fitness" is where it needs to be for that.

To that point I can play 18 holes consecutively for 4 days and feel a little sore on the 5th day.

I like a nice 40 minutes or so to grab a bite to eat and maybe take a few swings on the range if things didnt go so well the first 18
Yup I agree with this.

If the first 18 was great and I'm on cruise control I like to just roll through to the next, but with the full tee sheets around here that rarely happens.

I find by the fourth day in a row, my swing has gone to complete $hit. At that point I take three or four days off and then hop back on the horse.

Ideally, when I'm not traveling for work, I'd play a practice round on Monday; a 9 hole match on Tuesday; another 9 hole match on Thursday; and then rounds Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I don't mind taking a day or few off. But I'll play another nine after 18 when time allows. I don't mind playing consecutive days, but 36 holes kills me the next day.

to the op, i would say ever 3 or 4 days is ideal for me. when i play back to back rounds, i seem to always get the shanks. and i'm terribly out of shape, so fatigue is a huge factor. then there are my allergies, and piling on back to back makes me feel awful and i get in a bad mood.

If it's 36 in a day, I like a short break and getting back out there.

I could play 18 every day. If I play 36 in a day, I would need a day in between playing again to feel fully ready. Especially if it's hot out.

A good hour for me like to let the last round rest and refocus on the next round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally like to play two days in a row as I have found I play better that way and get into a good rhythm. The most I like to play in a row is 3, then I need a day or 2 off. Big travel/golf trips would be an exception to this.

I very rarely have this problem as I don't often have the chance to play that often. If I have the chance though, I'll gladly play consecutive days.

If it's 36 in a day, just a few minutes to grab something to eat. 4-5 days in a row and I will be ready for a break, that being said, during #TheCup we played 4 days straight, 2 practice days, 36 on Saturday and 18 on Sunday and I was ready for more, of course the company you're playing with has a lot to do with it.

My preferred interval would be play 3 days in a row, take a day off, 2-3 more consecutive days, day off, etc. Not even close to my reality though. It's a good week when I can get 2 rounds in.

About 15 minutes. Just enough time to use the facilities and get a drink and maybe a snack.

I can play 5-6 days in a row and then I'm ready for a day off. But then I'm ready for more!

Back