Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
A magical golf genie grants you one wish that allows you to instantly vastly improve either your driving (can involve distance andor accuracy) or putting. The aspect of your game you do not choose remains at it's current state of proficiency. Which do you choose and why?

I would choose putting because I feel I could shave more strokes off my score by improving that aspect of my game. I am not a great driver of the ball, but feel the rest of my game can make up for an off-line or short drive. There is no chance on the hole to make up for a missed 4 footer.

Putting hands down. I'd gladly give up outdriving anybody if it meant I could lower my scores.

Driving. If I can keep the ball in the middle of the fairway about 300 yards out every time I would be stoked. My scores really reflect my accuracy off the tee. If I'm in play I score well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driving - If I can getting in the fairway off the tee, the rest of my game can carry me. If I have to use a shot to get back in the fairway, it's a round killer for me.

Putting. I can hit it far enough now.

Putting. I'm getting to an acceptable level of driving but my putting could always be improve and would definitely save me some strokes.

I'd improve putting. I leave so many strokes out there in tournaments from poor lags and missed 5 footers.

Driving. My putting isn't great but I can work relentlessly on that and for the most part just be happy with 2 putts, sure I'd like to roll in birdies, but par is fine with me.

My driver is so bad, usually my 2nd shot is a punch out from the woods or deep rough. Hitting a drive down the middle to where I can use a scoring iron would be a dream!

putting all day every day. it's a part of my game that really blows, and if i can make 3 or 4 more makeable putts per round, my scores would be quite pleasing.

Putting I leave way to many strokes out there due to poor putting.

Putting. Its by far the easiest way to lower your scores. Have no 3 putts, and start holing out more make-able putts and your scores and handicap will drop like lightning.

Driving, I think I'm a pretty good putter. My tee game can be a nightmare.

Putting, I've got control of my driver most of the time. I just can't improve my putting for some reason. I can miss a 2 -5 ft put better than most!!

Driving for me. Only because I don't mind working on my putting, and am decent enough (I think). My putting hasn't completely killed as many rounds as my driving has.

That said, I think putting is more important, but for where I am now, I would love to not have to worry about the tee and just smash it down there DJ style every time.

Driving for sure. Distance please. Keep it in the short stuff.

Driving: chicks dig the long ball. But, in all seriousness, hitting it long and straight off the tee would take so much pressure off the rest of my game.

Putting, for the most part, I'm a pretty good driver off the tee, but if I could putt better...watch out!

Driving. My putting is pretty decent as far as a 90's-100's player goes. My driving is dismal

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

this is a tuff one. My driving (any tee shots) can be great one day and horrible the next and in between the next. My putting can also vary but not quite as often so currently the tee game is just more costly round to round. So id have to say always having well hit tee shots would benefit me more at this time.

Driving, long and in the fairway would make a big difference in my game. It's easier to work on getting better at putting.

Driving, while I know my scores may improve more with putting, I just enjoy driving the ball well so much more.

Putting. Always been a weakness for me.

My putting right now is super. Driving is straight but SHORT. I need a vast improvement there. I'm working on strength exercises and making a few corrections in my swing.

Driving. I am relatively happy with my putting game (comparatively) and with the wind in Oklahoma can use whatever help I can get!

This is an interesting question for me because I'm terrible at both. I don't even carry a driver, and anything outside about 2 feet is essentially unmakeable for me.

I'd go for the driving improvement. My reasoning is that I think my putting could be improved significantly with a little instruction. I've already tried that with driver, and the improved results didn't follow me to the course.

Back