Reaction score
Handicap

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
That's pretty sweet looking.

It's like the batmobile of putters.

Yea I got mine yesterday. It is pretty awesome! I bought it just based off looks but it might find a spot in my bag.
cd0d10a115939b822166dbfb2d45ef99.jpg
9b15af6ad0317a6ca753aed6e00e7140.jpg
ac9716d867c374b1b446e9a6a420d8d6.jpg
56c8ced9a8f9ed677e7c19731fb07357.jpg
0bcd5f3b4d2a00afdb5d17beee3934f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Please let me know how is works, feels, or anything else. Mine arrives next week.

Mine came in today too. Love the look of it and feels great.

So I have about two rounds in now with the putter and my first impressions are pretty good. I think this putter is very easy to line up and I really like that there are no sight lines on it. The square shape really helps me look down and see that my shoulders are parallel to my line. I really like the 80/20 insert and how it gets the ball rolling very quickly. The sounds is a little odd for me. It has a little aluminum ting sound which I am not used to but it is not overwhelming just different. I think that this putter nicely weighted. I got mine in 35" because that was all that was in stock and ended up cutting it down to about 33". The weight has changed but I have welcomed it being a little lighter. You can remove the weights in the back and replace them with the old R11 weights if your looking to get the weight up. The flow neck is probably my favorite part of this putter. I have a slight arc to my putting stroke and this works really nicely. The extra weight in the back of the putter head helps it from rotating on off center hits. I have noticed great distance control with this putter. I still really like my Scotty Cameron AOP but this putter definitely helps when your stroke is not great. I will be giving it a go to start the year and see how it goes. Looking forward to hearing others thoughts.

I really like the stock Winn grip that comes on these. Very tacky and feels good. I usually use a thicker putter grip but I may stick with this for a little and see how it goes

I really like the stock Winn grip that comes on these. Very tacky and feels good. I usually use a thicker putter grip but I may stick with this for a little and see how it goes

I bought the same grip but the standard version and put it on with a couple extra wraps. I really enjoy it.

I bought the same grip but the standard version and put it on with a couple extra wraps. I really enjoy it.

I'm thinking about doing that. Not a bad price for them.

I'm thinking about doing that. Not a bad price for them.

Not at all! I think they are solid grips. I don't want to change it because I love the all black look.

That thing looks sharp...stealth mode

This thing is badass in hand. Never dreamed of saying that about a Spider putter.

Made for DJ, and as discussed on the THP TV coverage of the PGA Show, a bit firmer Pure Roll insert.

This thing is badass in hand. Never dreamed of saying that about a Spider putter.

Made for DJ, and as discussed on the THP TV coverage of the PGA Show, a bit firmer Pure Roll insert.

Do you have any experience with the Spider S? I was hoping for a comparison between that and this Spider.

Do you have any experience with the Spider S? I was hoping for a comparison between that and this Spider.

I don't dude, sorry. I have neeeeeeeeever cared for the Spider look until these (this and the JDay red one).

I had/have a Spider Si at home. This insert sounded and felt a ton better. I couldn't stand the insert on the Si. Now for this, I want one. Just not sure if I want the red or the black.

Well after almost a month of indoor putting with this putter and my Scotty AOP I can officially say that it has won a spot in my bag for the beginning of the year. It is super easy to align and the insert is awesome. It puts a great roll on the ball and the putter itself just looks good. I love the little flow neck it has and fits my stroke beautifully. I have removed the stock grip and put the Lamkin Deep Etched Putter grip on and I am pretty excited to get outside with it.

Looks really good!!

Nobody has issues lining this bad boy up?

I expected to, but I didn't really grasp how well the shape and angles frame the ball until I got to make a few strokes with one.

I've just carpet putter but it is easy to line up. Also found myself just picking a spot a few inches out and just put a good roll on the ball. I think sometimes I overthink alignment. Not sure if this will help but so far I love the feel.

I have one of the original JDay Itsy Bitsy protos, which is essentially identical to the Spider Tour Black. Prior to that I was playing with a Ghost Spider S, both the slant and bend shaft versions. There are a lot of similarities between the Spider Tour and the Ghost Spider S, but here is what stands out to me.

• The Spider Tour is significantly smaller front-to-back and heel-to-toe, so it sits behind the ball much better (to my eye at least).
  • The rounded top line of the Spider Tour compared to the flat top line of the Spider S made the putter feel even smaller and softens the lines a bit.
  • The line on the Spider S caused me alignment issues. The Spider Tour is perfect with no line (YMMV)
  • The one piece top line and crown looks better to me than the two part version on the Spider S.
  • I didn't like the white/black finish of the retail Ghost Spider S. The black spider looks better (and the red is cool in person too)
  • Insert - I much prefer the firmer 80/20 Pure Roll insert of the Spider Tour to the standard one that was on the retail Spider S. Interestingly, Day went from using the 80/20 in his Itsy Bitsy, to the standard Pure Roll in his red one.

Just my two cents. Here's a picture of a tour issue all white Ghost Spider S slant next to my JDay proto. You can see that the IB is noticeably smaller.

TM-Spiders.jpeg

I have one of the original JDay Itsy Bitsy protos, which is essentially identical to the Spider Tour Black. Prior to that I was playing with a Ghost Spider S, both the slant and bend shaft versions. There are a lot of similarities between the Spider Tour and the Ghost Spider S, but here is what stands out to me.

• The Spider Tour is significantly smaller front-to-back and heel-to-toe, so it sits behind the ball much better (to my eye at least).
  • The rounded top line of the Spider Tour compared to the flat top line of the Spider S made the putter feel even smaller and softens the lines a bit.
  • The line on the Spider S caused me alignment issues. The Spider Tour is perfect with no line (YMMV)
  • The one piece top line and crown looks better to me than the two part version on the Spider S.
  • I didn't like the white/black finish of the retail Ghost Spider S. The black spider looks better (and the red is cool in person too)
  • Insert - I much prefer the firmer 80/20 Pure Roll insert of the Spider Tour to the standard one that was on the retail Spider S. Interestingly, Day went from using the 80/20 in his Itsy Bitsy, to the standard Pure Roll in his red one.

Just my two cents. Here's a picture of a tour issue all white Ghost Spider S slant next to my JDay proto. You can see that the IB is noticeably smaller.

View attachment 26687

Thank you so much for this!!!

Wait.

When did you get one??

Ugh. Seriously?

Back