DST Compressor Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the oddest things at the PGA Show this year was the DST Compressor. It is in for review now and one of our staff writers will be putting it through some testing.

The DST Compressor Wedge warm up club comprises all aspects of the DST patent pending technology. The scientifically curved shaft replicates the shape of a normal shaft under its maximum load during impact, the DST Compressor forces you into a position where your hands lead the club face through impact and control it until after the ball has been struck. The curved shaft combined with the amended sole angle and Hand Position Alignment Marker (HPAM) enables you to locate a set up position and practice returning the club to the same position through impact every time. The DST Compressor forces you to feel the same movements and sensations as the greatest ball strikers in history and develop a repeatable, reliable movement through impact. The DST Compressor forces you to locate, train and perfect the optimal impact position.

DST_Compressor_Wedge_Full_length__91280.1415972298.1280.1280.png

I'm so glad THP got this in for review. Nevermind the look of it, I'm just curious how it stacks up in comparison to something like the Tour Stiker

really cool concept. Interested to hear more

One of my fav products shown. Really interested in hearing your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it'll get a good test to see if it can help a dirty flipper.

I bought an 8 iron, wedge and ladies wedge at the show. I have been using the 8 iron and wedge now for a month, whilst my wife is using the ladies wedge. The 8 iron certainly has helped with impact position, as well as the take away on the back swing, whilst chipping with the wedge has definitely improved my chipping technique.

AS with any swing aid/trainer this is not a silver bullet but it certainly achieves its goal of helping groove better impact positions......

This is actually a great concept.

Interested in hearing your thoughts, seems like a pretty cool concept.

I just don't know about this thing. I'm sceptical really, seems gimmicky IMO. But, I also though that about other training aids in the past. But if it works it works. Looking forward to what your thoughts are.

it was certainly interesting to see in person. The booth was pretty busy too. Glad to see it came in for review.

Very Interesting. I look forward to hearing more about this

Odd for sure, but if it does what its advertised to do (make the hands lead), it would be a great training aid.

~Rock

I'll be curious to see the review thread up on this.

Looks interesting, can't wait to hear the review of this.

This looks like a promising training aid.

Considering most golfers doing find this position at impact it will be interesting to see how it works out. Neat concept but I see folks getting frustrated

Seems like a really interesting approach to a practice aid, I've always been a bit guarded when it comes to these kinds of practice specific clubs, but I'm curious to read the final review for sure.

Interesting concept there. very curious on results with it for sure. Look forward to reading more about it.

Cool concept. And really interested to see how it pays off. Been interested in one since I saw the post from the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering most golfers doing find this position at impact it will be interesting to see how it works out. Neat concept but I see folks getting frustrated

freddie- i feel like training aids are really just band-aids, and never a substitute for solid instruction. but i've seen teachers use some aids. are there any you endorse?

This looks like a lot of fun. Will be interested in the feedback.

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing at the show, but I am excited to read more about this product as time goes on.

If it actually helps get people into the right zone, I think that's awesome.

Back