Marvel - Phase Three

Actually thought Andrew Garfield was good in the role. He'd be a fool to not listen to Marvel (and their money) to continue as Spidey.

Marvel doesnt want him. They are casting a new Spiderman to setup a new continuity.

Because I am a nerd for comic books movies, I wondered who they should get to be the new Spiderman. My money is on this kid being the next web slinger.

Logan-Lerman.jpg
Percy Jacson huh?!?!?

Yep, looks like JARVIS is coming to life as Vision in the movie.

Yep, looks like JARVIS is coming to life as Vision in the movie.

Bettany has said that Jarvis and Ultron are different characters.

I heard somewhere that they are looking to cast Katee Sackhoff as the lead in Captain Marvel...I FULLY support this. Anybody who has seen the reimagined Battlestar Galactica knows that she is freaking awesome.

Only thing that was missing was Kung Fu Panda! Can't wait!!!!

I heard somewhere that they are looking to cast Katee Sackhoff as the lead in Captain Marvel...I FULLY support this. Anybody who has seen the reimagined Battlestar Galactica knows that she is freaking awesome.

She's not someone a studio is going to invest in for a potential multimillion dollar summer tentpole. I know she has nerd cred, but I can guarantee you Marvel/Disney are going to invest in someone a bit more mainstream and bankable.

My money is on Emily Blunt, especially considering the ass kicking she put on in Edge of Tomorrow. And she was almost Black Widow anyway so she has already worked with the Marvel team in some capacity.

She's not someone a studio is going to invest in for a potential multimillion dollar summer tentpole. I know she has nerd cred, but I can guarantee you Marvel/Disney are going to invest in someone a bit more mainstream and bankable.

My money is on Emily Blunt, especially considering the ass kicking she put on in Edge of Tomorrow. And she was almost Black Widow anyway so she has already worked with the Marvel team in some capacity.

Could have said that for Chris Pratt too - maybe slightly more mainstream with Parks and Rec, but guy had never led a movie before. Or Robert Downey Jr., he was washed up when he was cast in Iron Man. Or Chris Hemsworth before Thor. I'm not saying you don't have a point, cause you do - it's fairly unlikely - but don't count out the possibility just yet, as Marvel has taken chances before.

That being said, Emily Blunt would be a great choice as well, I agree with you there.

Could have said that for Chris Pratt too - maybe slightly more mainstream with Parks and Rec, but guy had never led a movie before. Or Robert Downey Jr., he was washed up when he was cast in Iron Man. Or Chris Hemsworth before Thor. I'm not saying you don't have a point, cause you do - it's fairly unlikely - but don't count out the possibility just yet, as Marvel has taken chances before.

That being said, Emily Blunt would be a great choice as well, I agree with you there.

I way prefer Sackhoff over Blunt...but I am a Battlestar die-hard.

I way prefer Sackhoff over Blunt...but I am a Battlestar die-hard.
I would as well, she's a great choice for a very physical but complex role like that. But Blunt would still be a solid choice IMO. Looper and Edge of Tomorrow give me faith in her action chops.

Daredevil trailer. Vincent D'Onofrio as King Pin is an excellent choice. I have high hopes for this series!

I know Marvel has 4 series already in production for Netflix, but I am hoping they get Punisher on the small screen as well. It would work well as a series on Netflix or HBO.

I know Marvel has 4 series already in production for Netflix, but I am hoping they get Punisher on the small screen as well. It would work well as a series on Netflix or HBO.
Love me some Punisher. Was my favorite Marvel comic growing up, and the only one I seriously collected (outside of TMNT).

I'm a little confused, wasn't Captain Marvel (or Shazam) a boy named Billy Batson? Is this just another PC character change like they did with Green Lantern and now the Thor comics(this is the stupidest one yet). I'm kinda getting sick of it.

I'm a little confused, wasn't Captain Marvel (or Shazam) a boy named Billy Batson? Is this just another PC character change like they did with Green Lantern and now the Thor comics(this is the stupidest one yet). I'm kinda getting sick of it.
Carol Danvers has been Ms. Marvel since 1977, and became Captain Marvel in 2012. For some superheroes the torch gets passed to a new individual while the "archetype" stays the same (e.g. The Flash, Captian America, Green Lantern, Ant-Man, Robin) so a female Captain Marvel IMO reflects a long overdue reflection of a societal norm (women in position of power).

Daredevil trailer. Vincent D'Onofrio as King Pin is an excellent choice. I have high hopes for this series!

That looks way better than I expected. D'Onofrio is a huge get, and perfect as the Kingpin. I would never have even considered him, but wow! Also love that they are painting him as not some cheesy villain, but as a man who is a warped hero in his own mind.

MCU has been so solid, and these are all going to be fun to binge through on Netflix.

Carol Danvers has been Ms. Marvel since 1977, and became Captain Marvel in 2012. For some superheroes the torch gets passed to a new individual while the "archetype" stays the same (e.g. The Flash, Captian America, Green Lantern, Ant-Man, Robin) so a female Captain Marvel IMO reflects a long overdue reflection of a societal norm (women in position of power).

There are already strong female superheros without changing one that has been a fixture for 50 some years. Are you OK with the change of Thor to a woman too? That is just plain ridiculous and neither change is necessary and I'll bet both changes are received more negatively than positively.

There are already strong female superheros without changing one that has been a fixture for 50 some years. Are you OK with the change of Thor to a woman too? That is just plain ridiculous and neither change is necessary and I'll bet both changes are received more negatively than positively.

It honestly doesn't bother me. Thor is a bit odd since he is a mythological character that has been male for a few thousand years ... that makes Captain Marvels legacy a bit shallow.

I agree with deuce, I like the change. Let's be honest here, there really aren't many female superheroes compared to male, and a lot of those were not always strong characters or were subjected to pretty severe sexism in early incarnations (case in point - Wonder Woman). I think taking a male superhero and changing the gender gives a woman a chance to carry a character that has never been colored by sexism or "traditional gender roles".

I agree with deuce, I like the change. Let's be honest here, there really aren't many female superheroes compared to male, and a lot of those were not always strong characters or were subjected to pretty severe sexism in early incarnations (case in point - Wonder Woman). I think taking a male superhero and changing the gender gives a woman a chance to carry a character that has never been colored by sexism or "traditional gender roles".

Then develop a new strong female superhero character and stop messing with the established ones. Show some imagination and creativity. I don't like it, but I can kinda get Captain Marvel. It's magical powers bestowed on a human but Thor as a woman? C'mon!

Then develop a new strong female superhero character and stop messing with the established ones. Show some imagination and creativity. I don't like it, but I can kinda get Captain Marvel. It's magical powers bestowed on a human but Thor as a woman? C'mon!
Haha yeah I agree with you on the Thor thing, just can't understand that one, especially with thousands of years of mythology there to boot. I was speaking more specifically about Captain Marvel.

I wholeheartedly agree though that new, strong female characters are needed.

Shazam is the DC comics Captain Marvel. Marvel Comics Captain Marvel has been a female since the lat 80's.

Also, Thor isnt a dude, Thor is whomever carries Mjolnir so there is no reason a woman couldnt be the god of thunder.

Shazam is the DC comics Captain Marvel. Marvel Comics Captain Marvel has been a female since the lat 80's.

Also, Thor isnt a dude, Thor is whomever carries Mjolnir so there is no reason a woman couldnt be the god of thunder.
Nerd knowledge.

I went from excited to climbing the walls and queuing up Red Bulls in anticipation of a solid binge viewing of the whole season. Daredevil is my longtime favorite hero. D'Onofrio is an absurdly good choice for Kingpin. I've said elsewhere that while I don't mind that this is part of MCU, I love the idea of a sort of smaller scale B-series where guys like Daredevil, Punisher, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and other heroes can sort of do their thing.

Also, I'd pay money, I mean Kickstarter money, for a Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe short, similar to the Dirty Laundry short they did a few years ago.

Back