When does your bag become "unlocked"?

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm guilty of claiming that my bag is locked in and that I'm happy with all the clubs. Heck, I said it two months ago but in the time since I have replaced iron shafts, got fit for a new driver, and got a new putter.

For me, it was seeing launch numbers where my spin was way too high and the winter weather blowing my towering iron shots all over the place. That and the beauty of the Toulon SF could not be ignored.

So what causes you to go from not in the market for anything new to replacing gear?

Like you I'm trying to keep my bag locked and it was close until a situation arose to get some highly desired irons.

At this point I would need to have a club I just can't get along with to make me change. Expect for putter. There are times where I just want to see a different look when putting so that spot will never be locked.

My bag is always unlocked, but I'm not as quick to make changes as I once was...

when I can get a good deal on something I want. Full price clubs are usually easy for me to lay off of, but a good deal on something I've been eyeing can unlock things pretty fast.

More often than not straight impulse or the delusion that one particular piece of gear will make that much of a difference.

More often than not straight impulse or the delusion that one particular piece of gear will make that much of a difference.

The Hicksta is self-aware! But I think the heavenwood needs to be locked in - you don't need to buy a 4th.

The Hicksta is self-aware! But I think the heavenwood needs to be locked in - you don't need to buy a 4th.

Unless there's an Epic version, that thing isn't going anywhere :D

Unless there's an Epic version, that thing isn't going anywhere :D

I was told by a Callaway staffer that it won't be in the fairways, but will be in the hybos. Not sure how accurate, but its what I'm told.

It's always open, never really locked, if I find something that much better for me, why would I say it's locked.

I understand financials and what not, but to say it's locked for other reasons seems silly, like you would passing on something better if it came along.

Usually a cold streak with current clubs will lead me to replacing them.

Usually a cold streak with current clubs will lead me to replacing them.

Ha - I'm guilty of this too. Expensive way to ignore my swing faults.

a sudden and large influx of money.
...or a sudden and awesome contest win on THP. Other than that I'm pretty much stuck.

Ha - I'm guilty of this too. Expensive way to ignore my swing faults.

Same here, but as of late I just remind myself it's 99.7% on the indian :wink:

Never been locked and don't think it ever will be!! I like new toys too much!

Once I get happy with driver and irons it will be locked in. Problem is I have to wait a few months before my driver fitting so the wheels in my head are turning over the possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I get happy with driver and irons it will be locked in. Problem is I have to wait a few months before my driver fitting so the wheels in my head are turning over the possibilities

I love the wheel turning though. So shiny.

I'm having a hard time deciding if people never lock in a bag for a season and that's the issue here lol.

I love the wheel turning though. So shiny.

I'm having a hard time deciding if people never lock in a bag for a season and that's the issue here lol.

I'm trying to but I have issues with clubs not performing how I see it in my head. Creates a lot of turnover

Any of the granddaddy participants change clubs within a year?

I like shiny and new. The longest my bag was locked was my Grandaddy bag and I played that set up until last month when I started tinkering again.

Back