Adam Scott New Putter?

As I said to Fupresti I just dont ever recall a Titleist sponsored player opting to roll an Odessy when they have possibly the best putter crafter of all time at their disposal
I don't believe many would consider Mr. Cameron as the the best crafter of all time.
My first thought was "claw grip?"

Maybe he should read unconscious putting?
He used a claw type grip with his right hand while long putting. Makes sense.

Poulter moves around to a lot of different putters including Rife.
Tim Clark is another Titleist staffer using a different putter.
There are many, but I think the biggest names are Scott, ZJ, Stricker and Clark all using something different. Poulter switching constantly and then Duffner using a SC.

#1 putter brand could be partially the reason.

Interesting that he went with a short putter and not a counter balance. hope he can find something he likes and putt well with.
I thought Adam was using a Tank 7. Which is counterbalanced. it may be the shorter version. 36" maybe

That is a bold statement but I really don't want to de-rail the thread. Crazy how Odyssey does dominate the tour without paying much if anything.

It really is. One of the few categories to go this way without sponsorship dollars. Not to say they dont pay any players, because they do, but nowhere near the amount that use them. The insert has changed the game and Odyssey has been at the forefront of that with Austie and team for years.

I am sure Scotty is working furiously to copy whatever Adam likes and put a Circle T on it.

I think the X5 was their attempt at making a #7 putter. It's okay, doesn't frame as well as the #7 head though.

I do realize that. But idk if ive heard of anyone Sponsored all by titleist opting to go with an Odyssey when they could have a Scotty.

At live PGA & Web.com events you see a lot of Titleist staff bags with Odyssey putters. 2-Ball seems to be popular.

I think Poults is still rolling an Odyssey as well.

I was just about the say he's been rolling an Odyssey.

That is a bold statement but I really don't want to de-rail the thread. Crazy how Odyssey does dominate the tour without paying much if anything.
Not too bold. Odyssey clearly dominates but they dont have a putter designers name attached. Scotty seems to be to putters what Rodger Cleveland and Bob Vokey are to wedges. You know what I mean? If someone was to ask u who the best or well known putter crafter of all time was wouldn't ur mind go straight to Scotty?

Glad he and others are pulling away from the l I ng putters soon than later

I'll be curious to see how he performs with it under the tournament pressure, especially if he's in contention come the weekend, and especially on sunday afternoon.

Not too bold. Odyssey clearly dominates but they dont have a putter designers name attached. Scotty seems to be to putters what Rodger Cleveland and Bob Vokey are to wedges. You know what I mean? If someone was to ask u who the best or well known putter crafter of all time was wouldn't ur mind go straight to Scotty?

Nope. Mine would go to this guy.

one.jpg

Not even a little bit. "Designer" leaves a lot to be desired when attached to the name "Scotty Cameron"

Bettinardi, Clay Long, TP Mills all come to mind. I'm sure guys like Jman can throw in quite a few more names.

If you are asking most recognized, then yes I definitely think Scotty is the most famous. But most famous and best can be different things.

Amazing what a good Marketing department can do.

Attaching a name is about marketing however. See Bettinardi in previous forms or Kia Ma.
John Hoeflich, Austie, Karsten, Doc, TO, etc all are some of the best club designers of all time. Not having a line named after them should not take away from that. Just like having one should not take away from Cameron, who is a solid designer in his own right.

And just so we are all aware, I think Scotty Cameron does make some great putters. He has arguably brought a lot of attention to the "premium" putter market which has allowed a lot of smaller boutique putter companies to get their start.

I just don't think he has contributed much original work. Most of his designs are merely clones of other designs.

Bettinardi, Clay Long, TP Mills all come to mind. I'm sure guys like Jman can throw in quite a few more names.

If you are asking most recognized, then yes I definitely think Scotty is the most famous. But most famous and best can be different things.
I guess I do mean recognized. Most casual golf ppl arent familiar with some of the brands we THPers dabble in. And no one has the putter knowledge of Jman, dude is on another level.

I thought Adam was using a Tank 7. Which is counterbalanced. it may be the shorter version. 36" maybe

I think the Tank Cruiser is the CB line while the original Tank was just the heavier head. Not to say the Tank can't be counter balanced, but the photo show isn't the TC CB grip.

I would think of Bruce Sizemore to be honest.

I would love to be by the putting green while he is trying everything out while trying to make a decision on what to put into play.

Attaching a name is about marketing however. See Bettinardi in previous forms or Kia Ma.
John Hoeflich, Austie, Karsten, Doc, TO, etc all are some of the best club designers of all time. Not having a line named after them should not take away from that. Just like having one should not take away from Cameron, who is a solid designer in his own right.
That is true. And maybe im wrong here, but Odessey is design by teams, but not one flagship individual? So even tho they are the most Polarizing brand in putters, Scotty is the most currently recognizable putter crafter to me.

That is true. And maybe im wrong here, but Odessey is design by teams, but not one flagship individual? So even tho they are the most Polarizing brand in putters, Scotty is the most currently recognizable putter crafter to me.

Hmmm. Most recognizable to me means most sold and most on tour. How else is something recognizable?
While people might think Scotty Cameron is made up of a single guy milling putters, that is just not the case. No more so than Austie at Odyssey. I guess I just do not see how the name of a company means much here.

Cleveland is still Cleveland, yet Roger Cleveland makes wedges for Callaway. Kia Ma works for TaylorMade, but it would be crazy to take the TaylorMade name off their lines.

I would think of Bruce Sizemore to be honest.

I would love to be by the putting green while he is trying everything out while trying to make a decision on what to put into play.
Who is that?

I think the Tank Cruiser is the CB line while the original Tank was just the heavier head. Not to say the Tank can't be counter balanced, but the photo show isn't the TC CB grip.

No the original Tank was definitly counterbalanced.

Hmmm. Most recognizable to me means most sold and most on tour. How else is something recognizable?
While people might think Scotty Cameron is made up of a single guy milling putters, that is just not the case. No more so than Austie at Odyssey.
I never got along with Odessey putters so idk who Autsie is. Is he their main designer.

..... As far as Adam Scott using a short putter....

I'm pretty excited to see how he does. I kinda felt bad for how ridiculous he looked with that broomstick. I hope he contends more this year.

Back