When it comes to your golf clubs, what are the first clubs to get switched out?

dwchockey13

Reaction score
Handicap
8.3 GHIN
I've been thinking about my clubs lately, it seems I'm always thinking about switching out my irons or driver, and I will probably getting custom fit for new irons and a new driver/FW's with my tax return but yet my Wedges only get swapped when the grooves get bad, and I will never switch out my putter. So what about you guys? What club(s) do you switch out the most frequently? and which clubs will you keep forever?

Putter. That sucker has a short life span

Putter. That sucker has a short life span

Haha really? Mines the exact opposite... while other putters may be better fit to me... that putter is to pretty and I can live with an average of 1.8 PPH average... unless I can find a prettier one I can afford

I will only switch out clubs when I feel like I am not getting the most out of that club. The 3W is about to get changed up. I really like the new Titleist d2 3W but I am going to wait for the new Callaway Epic Series.

Last edited:
I will only switch out clubs when I feel like I am not getting the most out of that club. The 3W is about to get changed up. I really like the new Titleist d2 3W but I a going to wait to the new Callaway Epic Series.

That's the other reason I'm waiting for my tax return, all the newest clubs will be out (Epic, and the V6's)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairway woods/hybrids or wedges.
Other then a heavenwood I am yet to find a fairway that I am super consistent with.
Hybrids I completely stopped trying until I got the 816 h1 but it was a revolving door.
Wedges just because I feel like I can hit a lot of wedges well and I like tinkering with that end of the bag.
The only clubs I didn't get rid of from last year are my mini driver, rtx3 wedges, hybrid and Toulon putter. Those things were all major parts of my game that I liked and am completely happy with. I would have kept my driver too but I won a new one

I evaluate where I want to see an improvement in my game. Right now it's my 58 wedge because I want better performance from the bunkers. I have also been looking for a driver with the right fit since my razr fit xtreme was stolen and I think I have found it in the F6+. Guess I should change my sig.

Putter for me as well. I've got to blame something for all those 3 putts and missed 4 footers.

My putters are on a never ending rotation...

Haha really? Mines the exact opposite... while other putters may be better fit to me... that putter is to pretty and I can live with an average of 1.8 PPH average... unless I can find a prettier one I can afford
Yeah. My PPR isn't that low...

Putters for me as well. That is, until I went to the SC Futura X CB. No face turn on contact and it's been holding down the big slot in my bag ever since

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Putter no question. It is always the putter

Yeah. My PPR isn't that low...
I'm sure once my HDCP drops and my GIR goes up my PPH will go up as well... it helps when a lot of my 1 putts come from a nice chip off the fringe... but I notice I don't 3 putt often

Putter if we go by my past actions haha

Putter is easily the one that gets swapped most

For me it's probably driver. I tend to keep putters a long time.

Putter, though probably not because it needs to but because I am dissatisfied with my performance using it

Back