One thing you could change from 2016

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is the one thing you wish you go back and change or do differently from 2016 golf year.

For me, I wish I could have been more consistent with my iron play.

I had a pretty spectacular 2016 from getting fit by UST Mamiya, to playing Bandon/Pumpkin/Chambers/Sahalee to winning a local tournament I play in every year for the last 7 years. But if there was one thing I would want to go back and change it would be trying to get into one of the THP events that I passed up on. So many good events that I just couldn't make the time for. Hope that changes for 2017.

Not get hurt so I could have played more golf with friends. The 2 months probably wiped out my vacation and sick time which would have covered at least 5 rounds during the week with friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 was a rough golf year for me as I had a lot of personal and professional stuff going on. I would like to say I'd change my commitment to golf, but that would have put a lot of other things on the back burner and that's just not what I wanted. I played probably half, if not less, of the normal rounds I usually play. My interest in the game was nowhere near as strong as it has been in the past.

I think the only change I would have made for my game in 2016 was that I would have taken the opportunity to work on my overall health, fitness and flexibility. I had a rough year with all of these and here's hoping 2017 is much better.

I would have stopped hitting my irons of the thin mats at my club (with concrete directly underneath). I'm fairly confident that my excessive range sessions off those mats ultimately led to my fractured hook of hamate bone which kept me away from golf for roughly half of this year. The sad thing is, there are mats with thick rubber underneath them not more than 20 feet from the thin mats. So the thick rubber based mats are all I'll use for full iron shots now (and I try to go more often on the days they are hitting off the grass).

Bump for visibility

I wish I would have practiced more.

2016 was a great Golf year for me.

I'm going to steal Mr. Hartmann's thought for one improvement I could have made:
"I think the only change I would have made for my game in 2016 was that I would have taken the opportunity to work on my overall health, fitness and flexibility."

My one thing is a collective thing. Try to get into some events in 2017.

I would have kept working out all season. Once I stopped my game just wasn't as good.

Back