Worst and Best Golf gift you've received.

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So what is the worst and the best golf gift you have received?

Worst was a toilet putting green from a student. The thought was awesome that a student cared so much, however it never got used.

Best is a surprise trip for my 30th birthday with all my boys. Wife planned it all without me having a clue. It was a great gift and so thoughtful of her. We had a rental van full off beer, a dd and she covered the whole thing. By far the best golf gift and possibly the best gift I have ever been given.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Worst: package of top flite balls
Best: trip to Palm Springs

Oh wow, best golf gift was probably my sun mountain bag cart bag. It was after a rough first day of my title defense to the city tournament. Wife shows up after the morning rounds are over with my kid, with the bag in the back seat. Just reminded me that a silly championship title wasn't worth getting upset about. To this day, the bag has a lot of meaning that she thought to get it for me (she knew I wanted it, but that I didn't want to spend the money on it, so she got it for me). Oh, and I came back on the Sunday, and dominated the field to get the city championship.

Worst golf gift. That would have to be a golf monogrammer. The idea was nice enough, someone obviously knew I played a lot of golf, but it had no ink or ink strips, and the bottle of lacquer to seal the ink on the ball had broken in the box and so it was stuck to everything. So it was almost a really cool gift, but yea, not so much.

~Rock

A mixfli golf towel.

Worst - top flights haha
Best - Bettinardi Studio Reserve

worst - beads thing to count strokes
best - a set of beautiful hand knit headcovers

worst - beads thing to count strokes
best - a set of beautiful hand knit headcovers
Think your worst my have just won . Did not even know they made something like that.

Think your worst my have just won . Did not even know they made something like that.

yes, I got that for a gift... try to fake a smile !
Free-Shipping-5pcs-New-font-b-Golf-b-font-Stroke-Putt-Ball-font-b-Beads-b.jpg

Worst gift is a tie - the extra large box of Top Flite's and Pinnacle's. God Bless my late Mom, she didn't know!

Best Gift: this year, wife worked out a full bag fitting for me at Taylormade in CA, just need to schedule it

Best - trip to the Grandaddy from THP
Worst - those blue 'find your golf ball' glasses

Another cool one I had is at my 30th birthday party, my FiL bought two dozen of my gamer ball and had everybody present sign one.

Best, a TW Collection shirt from Ka'anapali Golf Course.

Worst, a cheap plastic divot tool from a golf course after my company held an outing there.

Best: Driver and Iron fitting at one of the top fitters in my area

Worst: Got those "4 Yards More Golf Tees." Those never got used.

Back