DST Compressor Preview

Isn't that bent the wrong way for impact?

Isn't that bent the wrong way for impact?

Not for an iron or wedge swing because you want your hands leading the clubhead into impact with those clubs.

Not a big one for training aids but this one is very interesting and I would be interested in trying it out.

It's intriguing, but I am a little confused - wouldn't warming up with this create a false sense of your hands being far enough forward since the club is creating shaft lean for you? When you go to hit a normal wedge and put your hands in this position, wouldn't the club head be more forward?

interesting for sure

Not for an iron or wedge swing because you want your hands leading the clubhead into impact with those clubs.
I understand that, but an actual golf club in a proper swing bends like this aid at the start of the downswing, then bends *forward* just before impact. Watch that Lydia Ko video, her hands aren't actually leading the clubhead at impact because the shaft has flexed back forward before the clubhead gets anywhere near the ball. Getting that forward flex with the increased clubhead speed that comes with it is the whole point of holding your lag in the first place. If you throw away your lag early, the club flexes forward too soon and starts flexing back again before you hit the ball, meaning it's potentially travelling backwards relative to the grip (i.e. slowing down) at impact.

Now I don't know if any of that matters from a training perspective, maybe it's a useful tool. I'm just saying that what this club does and what your club should be doing at impact are two different things.

I understand that, but an actual golf club in a proper swing bends like this aid at the start of the downswing, then bends *forward* just before impact. Watch that Lydia Ko video, her hands aren't actually leading the clubhead at impact because the shaft has flexed back forward before the clubhead gets anywhere near the ball. Getting that forward flex with the increased clubhead speed that comes with it is the whole point of holding your lag in the first place. If you throw away your lag early, the club flexes forward too soon and starts flexing back again before you hit the ball, meaning it's potentially travelling backwards relative to the grip (i.e. slowing down) at impact.

Now I don't know if any of that matters from a training perspective, maybe it's a useful tool. I'm just saying that what this club does and what your club should be doing at impact are two different things.

Shaft flexing forward in that Lydia Ko video is a video effect, not what is actually happening in the golf swing.

As for what this club does, let the inventor of the club explain it to you:

Full wedges.... Yeah okay. But somebody mentioned chipping... I've next seen that much flex from a chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm so glad THP got this in for review. Nevermind the look of it, I'm just curious how it stacks up in comparison to something like the Tour Stiker
I'm still a tour striker user, so this sort of comparison would be very interesting.

I think it could provide some benefit to golfers that are pretty solid but have little flip in their wrists, it will be interesting to see the review. I like the concept.

I think it could provide some benefit to golfers that are pretty solid but have little flip in their wrists, it will be interesting to see the review. I like the concept.

Let's hope so :D

All I will say is that using Home Kelly and "The Swing Machine" as a basis for your product may not be the best way to go. A lot of the "Science" in that book has been disproven. That said, I am not saying this product wouldn't help some people.

Him and GMac both using them on the range this week.

It's great to see some tour usage. I think that adds a lot of value to the product beyond what simple marketing will do. Whether that translates to amateurs or whether it will require a trained eye to support is what I am curious about.

Either way, this certainly intrigues me to get my hands on one for a few swings.

I think the bend in the shaft is there to replicate the shaft bend that occurs when the clubhead impacts the turf which is what the videos describe.
That being said, I don't see how this bend can help someone who "picks" the ball and doesn't take a divot (other than maybe it will help them actually take a divot).
Saw an uploaded instagram video of someone using it. He was having a very difficult time getting the ball airborne. He called it very humbling. Reminded me of myself when I first used my Tour Striker.

Can't wait for the review!

Last edited:
So call me stupid. I saw this and got excited. I have been pondering buying an air compressor to install grips. Still, this club is pretty interesting.

I believe a few players were using these on the range this past weekend at the WGC. I'd love to try one and can't wait to see what the THP review has to say about it

Sorry for the delay here guys. Appears the item is stuck in USPS limbo land at the moment.

It looks cool but I'd think the Tour Striker is better since it forces you to do the work to create shaft lean rather than give it you without effort. I guess this is more of a feel training device though.

I just ordered the 8 iron and wedge. Within the next couple weeks I'll do a side-by-side comparison between the DST 8 iron and the TS Pro 7 iron.

Back