Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit both as well. I didn't really see a different for me at all. Carry distance was within a few yards either way and numbers we're nearly identical for me. Sound wasn't much different between the 2 either.

Just going off of getting to hit all three heads (four if you count pod forward and backward in the Flex) with the same shaft on trackman, there's a spin and launch difference with the Flex to the Pro, though not as much as the Pro to the Speed. Was a definite difference in my toe-side miss on the Flex compared to the Pro, the Pro is sneaky forgiving for a head of its profile, though not in the league of say the 815, but its solid there.

And yep, they all three sound great.

Skytrak or something since my move at work now cuts deeply into my practice ability and time in the range

New golf shoes. Have been wanting to try some spike less for a while now.

Edit: Off to the 'What golf stuff did you buy today' thread now.

Taylormade ghost tour fontana 72

Hybrids..

Alpha 815 and Vapor Flex

Graphite shafts for the irons. Specifically the Bassara E series.

Aeroburner driver... The tinkerer in me want to know what this one is all about.

Grips. Lamkin UTX or Crossline. Considering ribbed.

I got ponder blue balled...I was supposed to have a fitting today but it got cancelled. I told myself I couldn't buy anything else till after my fitting, but it's driving me crazy haha. Some Piretti's are majorly catching my eye right now.

I wanna try the utx as well

I've got the UTX on a 3w. Really like it. The deal on their website for 13 of the Crosslines for 30 bucks has me pondering. BOYO on the UTX is solid too.

It's 7i - DW so cost can't be a factor. Love this shaft in my Adams hybrids.

Yeah shouldn't be bad in just those clubs

For me even price won't deter me from putting graphites in my irons, my joints feel better after a long day playing or practicing than they did with steel. I'm pondering how to find more graphite options to try with out buying them all & buying heads heads

Yeah shouldn't be bad in just those clubs

For me even price won't deter me from putting graphites in my irons, my joints feel better after a long day playing or practicing than they did with steel. I'm pondering how to find more graphite options to try with out buying them all & buying heads heads

Did you see any distance gains with your switch? This is a serious ponder. If I can get to MB soon this is a done deal.

I need wedges. One day I want Vokeys. The next day it's Cleveland's. The day after it's J15s. And then it starts all over again. *Sigh*

Did you see any distance gains with your switch? This is a serious ponder. If I can get to MB soon this is a done deal.

Not really cause I switched irons at the same time(ci11 to j40DPC) but I did see better control and spin #'s when I switched.

Was set on a Callaway XR driver. Just got my credit from Global Golf for the Vapor Pro. Now I am second guessing myself. I feel like most drivers on the market this year are geared towards low spin and that's not me. I could go with a V series but I am currently gaming an Optiforce and I feel like they are pretty similar. Anything not low spin that I am missing?

Was set on a Callaway XR driver. Just got my credit from Global Golf for the Vapor Pro. Now I am second guessing myself. I feel like most drivers on the market this year are geared towards low spin and that's not me. I could go with a V series but I am currently gaming an Optiforce and I feel like they are pretty similar. Anything not low spin that I am missing?

What about like the Wilson d200, Cobra Fly-z, aeroburner

I think you will be pleasantly happy with the stock XR. Maybe consider the G30.

What about like the Wilson d200, Cobra Fly-z, aeroburner
Aeroburner is out. I despise the sound of TaylorMade drivers. I thought about the Fly-Z and as stupid as this sounds, I loved the Amp Cell blue. I hate the new blue that they are using. I took a few swipes with it at PGASS and it was fine. Would like to hit a D200 but it's hard to find one in LH.

I think you will be pleasantly happy with the stock XR. Maybe consider the G30.
XR is mid spin correct? If I throw a Matrix HD4 in it, would that help? That's a pretty high launch / spin shaft.

XR is mid spin correct? If I throw a Matrix HD4 in it, would that help? That's a pretty high launch / spin shaft.

Yeah. I think the stock LZ would be a fine fit, I hit the 10.5 in stiff and it had no trouble getting up and staying there.

Yeah. I think the stock LZ would be a fine fit, I hit the 10.5 in stiff and it had no trouble getting up and staying there.
That's my other dilemma. I am right on the border of R Flex and stiff with my swing speed. I feel like when I try to get after it, I lose it sometimes because of the softer Flex but when I am just trying to be conservative and hit the fairway, the R Flex is fine. Also it may totally be in my head. Haha

That's my other dilemma. I am right on the border of R Flex and stiff with my swing speed. I feel like when I try to get after it, I lose it sometimes because of the softer Flex but when I am just trying to be conservative and hit the fairway, the R Flex is fine. Also it may totally be in my head. Haha

Well, you could always get the R flex and play it and if it feels wrong, have it tipped a bit to get a bit more aggressive. The stock shaft feels pretty responsive and I didnt feel like I was obvepowering the stiff, even swinging at 105mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back