would you play blades?

I'd play srixon blades. Been reading reviews over the past two days and pretty positive they're the easiest to hit blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried hitting a few blades at the range when my buddies offered theirs up, I have no business gaming a blade. Still hurts just thinking about it.

If you're offering a set of Miuras, I'll PM ya my address...

Free clubs? Just 1 year? Why not?

Sure, I'd give it a try. I have no illusions that it would go well, but I'd try it.

I have before, back when I was an Assistant Pro, practicing and playing all the time. I shot all of my PB with those blades. With that said, I don't now and wouldn't (probably) anymore. They were great when I was on top of my game, but no more.

Hell yeah I would play blades. I would hate myself after a month, but initially, I would be a proud papa.
Ha! Perfect response. My sentiments exactly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes I could do it. Would my game suffer? Probably a little

no question! but that is because I do play them even though I am a higher HC. They are more fun (for me haha).

No, I think my game would suffer a massive regression.

I would not. As beautiful as most of them look I know they have no business in my bag

I think the thought that Blades are so much more difficult than other clubs is overdone, now getting into 2, 3 and even 4 irons yes they are definitely more challenging but we all hit wedges and they are blades so in the say 6-PW I don't see the big issue.

Now distance wise you will get what you put into them, most blades are old school lofts and no weighting help so they will be a club shorter than most GI or SGI clubs but still not impossible to work with IMO.

So to answer the OP question yes I would do it.

Yep count me in. Free set of blades!!

If Ping iblades were an option then yes.

I would take on the challenge! I have hot some great shots with blades, never owned a set though. Probably wouldn't buy them either, unless a deal you couldn't pass up... But if I won them I would game them!

For the Wilson Staff FG Tour 100 irons yes I would do it. Probably Cobra MBs as well.

What this guy said. The 100s or Cobra MB in black and I'm there.

No. I want to enjoy my game not leave with more stress!

I have to give up my current irons? Nope not happening. I don't have the game to play blades to begin with so to have to give up my clubs for a set that I will play horribly with not a chance.

Yeah, I would. There are several sets I'd love to own just because. I doubt I'd keep playing them after a year though.

My play would suffer, but I'd do it. I don't have anything g motivating me right now golfwise, so that would give me something specific to work at.

Nope, I'm not close to good enough to play them.

Luckily, I never bought into the "blade vs. GI" argument.

For almost 10 years, I switched back and forth between my MacGregor M85 ColoKrom irons and a tweaked set of blue dot Ping Zing irons. I played the blades in the summer months and the Zing's during the winter.

MGx8cso.jpg

ULDCWVF.jpg

You will not find a bigger difference in clubhead style than these two sets of clubs.

My friends would poke a little fun at me every year when the weather got colder, and they saw the Zing's in my bag. A couple of them even exclaimed that I was into my winter "psycho" phase. I had my MacGregor's since the 80's because I stick with what works and do not change until I see a need for it. As the Mac's were getting older, I put the Zings into play just out of curiosity. They ended up being my backup set for 10 years and I got to extend the life of my MacGregor's as a benefit.

The Zing's were a world apart from the thin, and small headed M85's. The Zings were a big bloated Buick from the 50's, and the M85's looked more like a Ferrari in comparison. Both clubs had their own inherited benefits and I grew to appreciate them both for what they were. Overall, I would say the MacGregors were a better club for playing under a wider variation of turf conditions, and for their workability. However, the Zing's were not far behind in the workability department, and they were at minimum a club longer. My Zing 2 iron was my driver on many holes and was as long as most of my hooligan friends 3 woods. The Zings felt every bit as nice as my MacGregors, but it was a different type of feel.

To be very honest, I cannot say that I played any better with either set. My hdcp. varied between a 5-8 during those years depending on my playing time.

Anyone can play a blade....... It is not magic! It just feels kind of crappy when you miss it a little. In some circumstances, a blade can be more forgiving than a larger GI type head.

I still prefer a blade today, even if my game isn't what it was before, but there are many GI clubs that I really enjoy hitting also.

Luckily, I never bought into the "blade vs. GI" argument.

No, I don't have the speed or talent required to enjoy them. Looking good and shooting big numbers just don't go together!

Full time? Hell no.

For a round every now and again? Absolutely.

I wouldn't play blades for an extended period. I would for a round, but my game wouldn't mix well with blades.

Back