would you play blades?

Years ago I played the Mizuno MP32's for 2 seasons, not exactly a blade but pretty close for this guy. Loved those irons and they are still in my possession, somewhere.

A couple months ago I was striking my irons ridiculously well and started to ponder some Ft. Worth blades in the short irons. Golf had other plans and shortly after that ponder the magic ended.

Would I play blades? Sure, but not for a year.

No I wouldn't. I'm not good enough and I need/prefer the forgiveness. A set of free sticks isn't worth a season of poor shots.

In a heartbeat, Srixon or Bridgestone please.

Would love to play some blades love the look of them !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd play some blades for a year, but I'm picky about them too. Mizuno, Wilson, Miura, Titleist...

I don't have the game for them...but I believe I'd be better golfer after working hard to game them.

Absolutely. I've got a set of blades in my bag now. IMO the "forgiveness" factor is over-sold and there is much to be said for getting more precise feedback from your tools. If more forgiving means longer and OOB, and less forgiving means shorter and still in play; which club is, in practice, the more forgiving?

I'd consider it, depending on the specific blades in question.

Absolutely. I've got a set of blades in my bag now. IMO the "forgiveness" factor is over-sold and there is much to be said for getting more precise feedback from your tools. If more forgiving means longer and OOB, and less forgiving means shorter and still in play; which club is, in practice, the more forgiving?

I know there are a couple schools of thought with regards to this. After moving away from mostly player/blade-y clubs a few years ago, I still find I'm able to determine how well I did, or didn't, hit each iron shot, and where it was on the face. As for longer/OOB, if I'm having that kind of issue with my ball-striking, there isn't a single iron set which will "help" that, and I better get some lessons and/or range time in. Just my opinion having come from one school of thought, and now favoring clubs which can provide me with a bit of help when I need it.

Back