Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver Review

Messed around with one for a few minutes but the shaft felt like a noodle. Really liked the looks. Hopefully I'll get chance to try it with a different shaft.

Did u try the 9 degree head? Stock shaft in that one is no noodle.

Goes to show how different we all are, the stock Bassara for me was just fine at a 107 SS.

In fact, I liked it a lot, to the point I'm thinking about trying it in some other heads. The fact that it kept up fine with me and my transition was all I needed to see.

Goes to show how different we all are, the stock Bassara for me was just fine at a 107 SS.

In fact, I liked it a lot, to the point I'm thinking about trying it in some other heads. The fact that it kept up fine with me and my transition was all I needed to see.

Agreed, I thought it was quite nice and I have a quick transition. I'm learning that I prefer a lighter set up with the driver.

Have 6 rounds with the V-Series under my belt. Still very early in my relationship with this driver, but I love what I'm seeing. I'm back to being able to eliminate one side of the fairway. The forgiveness allows me to take a more confident and aggressive swing. With the Optiforce I had a two way miss, sometimes left - sometimes right, which was frustrating. With the V-Series I hit the ball with a draw or straight. In using the exact same shaft I had in the Optiforce. Fairways have been so wet that I can't give a true story on any distance gain, honestly seems about the same. Will report more after getting some additional rounds in.

Need to find a free moment which might be a challenge, but I have a 10.5° head that I need to get shafted up. Thinking either the Fuel 50 or Tour Blue to start with.

Need to find a free moment which might be a challenge, but I have a 10.5° head that I need to get shafted up. Thinking either the Fuel 50 or Tour Blue to start with.

Do these use the same Opti adapter as the Bertha/Alpha line?

I want to say yes to that one. It looks like the OptiFit to me.

BB2014 has more adjustability, but beside that would you say V series is as forgiving ? Looking to add forgiveness and distance in a new driver. Currently gaming a Razr Fit 10.5. SS is 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB2014 has more adjustability, but beside that would you say V series is as forgiving ? Looking to add forgiveness and distance in a new driver. Currently gaming a Razr Fit 10.5. SS is 90.

For me, it was about the same. The key is going to be what profile you need, the V launches considerably higher and spins more than the Bertha, if thats the ticked for you then its a hell of a head. Both, are tremendous drivers.

Thanks. Do not need more launch. So maybe BB is better. Brand new at eBay for $175 is tempting.

Do these use the same Opti adapter as the Bertha/Alpha line?

Unless I am mistaken any shaft with this adapter will fit any driver from the optiforce to the X2 hot, BBertha or alpha, V series and the new 815 and 815 DBD. Which is awesome BTWay!!! Listen up other companies that change your freaking adapter every year!

Unless I am mistaken any shaft with this adapter will fit any driver from the optiforce to the X2 hot, BBertha or alpha, V series and the new 815 and 815 DBD. Which is awesome BTWay!!! Listen up other companies that change your freaking adapter every year!
It's been nice to be able to swap heads with the shaft I like. It's like I'm fitting the head to the shaft.

You've got to keep in mind, its not just a frivolous change for the others though, they're making weight changes which allow more weight movement in the design, its a game of grams and half grams. Its why I love club design, its like the ultimate jigsaw puzzle for these guys.

.... its like the ultimate jigsaw puzzle for these guys.
Well put.....I think that I'm missing a few pieces!!!!!

The V Series head produced less spin for me than the new 815 and DBD. Figure that one out.

I was launching this at 12.6° with 2500rpm of spin on average. If I could find a head for cheap I'd love to take this to the course a few times just for fun

What loft were you trying?

10.5° I believe in both the 815 and V Series. The DBD was 9° as that is all that was available

Interesting stuff.

Shafted this up quickly yesterday with the Tour Blue.

The cliche of 'feels like coming home' certainly seems appropriate. I do love the aesthetics of this one, especially shape and size at address. Sounds great too.

Hit it a handful of times yesterday and saw solid performance all around. First driver I've found in a while that feels right, looks right, and performs right. Might be a little case of early love though, so I'll take it out more until I can be sure.

Do you still get the benefits of lightweight with the non-stock shaft?

Proabably not, but I wasn't really looking for that anyway.

The cliche of 'feels like coming home' certainly seems appropriate. I do love the aesthetics of this one, especially shape and size at address. Sounds great too.

Hit it a handful of times yesterday and saw solid performance all around. First driver I've found in a while that feels right, looks right, and performs right. Might be a little case of early love though, so I'll take it out more until I can be sure.

Enough to dethrone Xhot? Im still not there with it yet either.

I still remember in West Palm, you were pessimistic for a bit first, and then you pounded it on the range.

Back