2015 NFL Draft Thread

That is quite impressive on both moves.

Looking forward to his first pick 6. I bet he dives in from the 20.

Looking forward to his first pick 6. I bet he dives in from the 20.

Shame he's not running the 40, I'd be curious if he's got some serious speed to go with the leap

Its awful, dude. Kiper has correctly picked 8, yes EIGHT, picks in the last 5 years. 8 out of 160 total picks. Yet, he is an "expert"? I could pick 8 out of 160.
Interesting article here; http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/...eality-where-mel-kipers-mock-drafts-come-true

Horrible article. Read it a bit more closely and see they are using a preliminary Mock Draft and even mention how it progresses.
Kiper is fantastic and a mock draft is not just about making the right picks, but explaining why players are who they are. He and McShay continue to be the best in the business year in and year out. Both of these two guys spend hours upon hours with players and there are some football people that still consider their word the gospel because they know they are right more than they are wrong.

Without those two guys, every other internet mock draft does not even take place, because most are just a butcher job of these guys words. Hell, every word about these players outside of a favorite team does not take place.

Just came across a stat that I am struggling to think is correct.
The Big 10 has not had a top 10 player in the NFL Draft since 2008? If that is the case...Wow.
Although that comes to an end soon.

Just came across a stat that I am struggling to think is correct.
The Big 10 has not had a top 10 player in the NFL Draft since 2008? If that is the case...Wow.
Although that comes to an end soon.

Taylor Lewan popped right in my head so I had to go look... 11th.

JB, you must be on dog food son.

I'm surprised every year I see that lunatic Mel on TV . Dude picks busts and has never picked a stud that has fallen in later rounds.

I'm surprised every year I see that lunatic Mel on TV . Dude picks busts and has never picked a stud that has fallen in later rounds.
opcorn:

Jake long

Yeah figured it was him

And they could have 3 this year lol

I was going to say Suh, but remembered that the Huskers didn't move to the Big 10 until after Suh's senior year.

Umm sure?
FWIW, I think we are watching (and working at) different NFL drafts.

Yeah we must be...

I remember Mel touting guys like jamarcus Russell and b. Gabbertt and never mentioned a word about wilson, kapernick. Do you really think a guy like Brady, Rodgers, A. Foster would be high on his mock drafts??

To me Mel is a snake oil salesman whose picks never pan out.

2015 NFL Draft Thread

Yeah we must be...

I remember Mel touting guys like jamarcus Russell and b. Gabbertt and never mentioned a word about wilson, kapernick. Do you really think a guy like Brady, Rodgers, A. Foster would be high on his mock drafts??

Dealing with absolutes is a characteristic of the dark side.

Yeah we must be...

Clearly we must be, because Mel Kiper's grade for Aaron Rodgers was outstanding. Called the two QBs 1 and 1a, which agreed with every scout in the NFL.

Pulling out a select few names and missing what his body of work has covered is laughable.

The Stl. Rams were able to trade Sam Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles, save around $12 million and keep their top 10 pick. It will be interesting to see if they draft a WR or O Lineman with that pick or trade down for more picks.

Draft day is here!

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "In the last 48 hours, I've strengthened my thoughts on Chip Kelly swinging real hard for Mariota."

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "Two 1sts, future 2nd round, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package to be in the deal."

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "I'm somewhere around 60%... If he's trying to drive this thing home, he's going to do it."

Draft day is here!

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "In the last 48 hours, I've strengthened my thoughts on Chip Kelly swinging real hard for Mariota."

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "Two 1sts, future 2nd round, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package to be in the deal."

@975TheFanatic
Tim McManus "I'm somewhere around 60%... If he's trying to drive this thing home, he's going to do it."
It's the battle of two conflicting beliefs that Kelly has. He loves his Oregon players but he fundamentally believes his system is king, that he can win with virtually anyone. Personally, I don't think he'd ever give up that much for any one player.

think this is going to be one of the more enjoyable drafts from a TV viewing standpoint. Lots of intrigue.

think this is going to be one of the more enjoyable drafts from a TV viewing standpoint. Lots of intrigue.

I don't always get in to the draft so much. I'll check in on it and then just go about my business. But man I am so in to tonight's for some reason. I don't even know as many players as I have in the past few, but the intrigue is just super high for me.

I don't always get in to the draft so much. I'll check in on it and then just go about my business. But man I am so in to tonight's for some reason. I don't even know as many players as I have in the past few, but the intrigue is just super high for me.

yea, I'm the same way. As a Jets fan...not even really overly excited about their pick at 6...but just overall so many story lines, so many possibilities. I hope we at least see some of the last minute trades in the first round.

I cannot freaking wait until 8pm tonight.

I love the draft and I am sure I will be disappointed with who the Colts draft and a couple they pass on. It always happens.

Come on Titans let's get a kings ransom for pick number 2!

Back