The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Heard some interesting thoughts from Gary Williams (the former coaach, not the Golf Channel host) on the upcoming NCAA Tournament.

He said of course there is Kentucky, then maybe four teams right behind them that have to be considered good bets to advance pretty far. AFter that he said there are 40 teams that can beat anybody or lose to anybody on any night. He thinks the second round of the tourney, when the No. 1 seeds are facing the 8/9 winner and the twos are facing the 7/10 will provide some very exciting games and most likely an upset or two.

#Can'tWait

Lmao.. I got disgusted, took a shower and went to bed with just under 4 minutes to go. Wake up & see they won in overtime.
Great comeback. This KU team is hard to figure out. Pulling off a win there without Ellis or Alexander was huge. Now they can rest Ellis for a week or so.

That is a wise coach. It is too bad because I think a win last night over Kentucky puts Georgia in the tournament.

I really think they are already in, I will be shocked if we miss the dance.

I think they will get in too, but I am thinking that a win over Kentucky woukd have made it a definite.

I think they will get in too, but I am thinking that a win over Kentucky woukd have made it a definite.
Randy, for what it's worth Patrick Stevens who does Bracketology as well as anyone, and yes that includes Lunardi, has the Dawgs in as a 7 seed in the Portland Regional facing Iowa.

For what it's worth, he had all 68 teams correct last year and only missed on two seedings I believe it was.

Randy, for what it's worth Patrick Stevens who does Bracketology as well as anyone, and yes that includes Lunardi, has the Dawgs in as a 7 seed in the Portland Regional facing Iowa.

For what it's worth, he had all 68 teams correct last year and only missed on two seedings I believe it was.

Patrick Stevens is awesome. Looks like today's bracket has UGA in the East as an 8 versus Iowa with UVA as the 1 seed. Would be a very tough draw. The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix has UGA as a consensus 9 Seed as of this morning, so I think they are pretty safely in the field at this point. 2 road Top50 RPI wins, a winning record in conference, vs top 150 etc. is solid.

Patrick Stevens is awesome. Looks like today's bracket has UGA in the East as an 8 versus Iowa with UVA as the 1 seed. Would be a very tough draw. The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix has UGA as a consensus 9 Seed as of this morning, so I think they are pretty safely in the field at this point. 2 road Top50 RPI wins, a winning record in conference, vs top 150 etc. is solid.
You know Patrick is a local guy right? He is just a walking encyclopedia of this stuff. One day last year, I was sitting in the media room with him at the CAA Tourney, and I asked him about someones chances of getting in. He knew of the top of his head, their good wins, their bad losses, SOS all that...without looking it up. And it wasn't Kansas, it was someone ranked outside the top 25 as I recall.

Plus he is great at keeping you updated via twitter where Karl Hess is that night :)

Georgia is in. Some really good OOC scheduling in there as well. Gonzaga and UK were good losses for them and will get them a ticket to the dance guaranteed.

What I want to know is if THP sets up a bracket challenge for members. That'd be cool.

#SECBasketballFever

Tony Romo hanging out with the Cameron Crazies tonight.

B_TRt2lW8AAUSIa.jpg:large

You know Patrick is a local guy right? He is just a walking encyclopedia of this stuff. One day last year, I was sitting in the media room with him at the CAA Tourney, and I asked him about someones chances of getting in. He knew of the top of his head, their good wins, their bad losses, SOS all that...without looking it up. And it wasn't Kansas, it was someone ranked outside the top 25 as I recall.

Plus he is great at keeping you updated via twitter where Karl Hess is that night :)

I did know; I loved reading his work at the wash times and his blog. He's a Terp too, so it was always important to keep tabs on King Karl for his followers.

Good win for the Domers last night; Louisville is in a world of hurt right now.

NAIA, NCAA D3, NCAA D2 and NCAA D1 tournaments start this week and next week. This is a great time for college hoops. Surviving and advancing is what it's all about. Some of the best games are during these conference tournaments and these games will be very exciting to watch.

I did know; I loved reading his work at the wash times and his blog. He's a Terp too, so it was always important to keep tabs on King Karl for his followers.

Good win for the Domers last night; Louisville is in a world of hurt right now.
Yeah, indeed he is (A Terp)

The ND/Louisville game was surprising to me, wish I had watched it now.

Looking forward to VCU/Davidson tonight.

NAIA, NCAA D3, NCAA D2 and NCAA D1 tournaments start this week and next week. This is a great time for college hoops. Surviving and advancing is what it's all about. Some of the best games are during these conference tournaments and these games will be very exciting to watch.
No doubt, lots of great tournament action this time of year. Looking forward to following as much of it as I can.

I'm headed to the Division 2 Peach Belt Conference tourney this weekend. The women's coaches are really good friends of mine. They made it to the conference title game last year and lost a close one. Hoping to win the whole thing and get into the national tourney this year after a disappointing regular season. They're both really great guys and I like seeing them do well.

I'm headed to the Division 2 Peach Belt Conference tourney this weekend. The women's coaches are really good friends of mine. They made it to the conference title game last year and lost a close one. Hoping to win the whole thing and get into the national tourney this year after a disappointing regular season. They're both really great guys and I like seeing them do well.
sounds like a great time. I like the idea of the smaller schools having the men's and women's tournament in conjunction with each other.

Hey if it was good enough for the US Open why not college hoops...right?

Have fun.

sounds like a great time. I like the idea of the smaller schools having the men's and women's tournament in conjunction with each other.

Hey if it was good enough for the US Open why not college hoops...right?

Have fun.

I like having them together, but the way the decide the host is just weird. Had to wait until the quarters were done and the highest remaining men's seed in the division that finished first in the regular season got to host the semis and finals. Puts a lot of plans on hold and seems to make schools scramble to put together a tourney staff. The coaches seem to hate it.

I like having them together, but the way the decide the host is just weird. Had to wait until the quarters were done and the highest remaining men's seed in the division that finished first in the regular season got to host the semis and finals. Puts a lot of plans on hold and seems to make schools scramble to put together a tourney staff. The coaches seem to hate it.
I don't like seeing so many conferences having gone to that. I guess they feel it's guarantees a pretty good home crowd, as opposed to having everyone at a neutral site. I like seeing things like 9 to 12 games in 3 days in one place.

I know the Horizon and Patriot Leagues have gone to higher seed teams hosting as well. Not a fan.

I don't like seeing so many conferences having gone to that. I guess they feel it's guarantees a pretty good home crowd, as opposed to having everyone at a neutral site. I like seeing things like 9 to 12 games in 3 days in one place.

I know the Horizon and Patriot Leagues have gone to higher seed teams hosting as well. Not a fan.

It's funny because the host will be on Spring Break and it's farthest away from every other school in the conference. So much for the crowds haha.

It's funny because the host will be on Spring Break and it's farthest away from every other school in the conference. So much for the crowds haha.

Ha. I can hear the conversations afterward. Ummmm, yeah that didn't work out so well.

Wow. It's not very often you see teams tasking it to VCU like Davidson did in the first half. Beating them at its own game. Break neck fast pace and forcing VCU into silly turnovers and poor shots.

VCU was17-4 before Briante Weber got hurt, 4-4 without him. I'm very impressed with what Davidson has done in the A10 this year.

Wow. It's not very often you see teams tasking it to VCU like Davidson did in the first half. Beating them at its own game. Break neck fast pace and forcing VCU into silly turnovers and poor shots.

VCU was17-4 before Briante Weber got hurt, 4-4 without him. I'm very impressed with what Davidson has done in the A10 this year.
Davidson is a really good team but VCU hasn't been the same since Weber got hurt. They are not a team of great shooters and they really rely on their havoc pressure to create the bulk of their offense. The pressure hasn't been the same since he went down

Add in the fact that Treveyon Graham has been playing on a bad ankle and Melvin Johnson just hasn't lived up to the expectations yet - leads to a recipe for struggling.

I'll give it a read in a bit. Thanks
Nice read

Last edited:
Back