Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
Say you where golfing and teed off on a hole. Hit your ball into a bunker and poof... A golf genie appears... He says to you. "Since you found my bunker I will grant you this... 1 part of your game will be automatic. If you choose Tee offs then you will hit every fairway. If you choose irons then poof you hit every iron where you want. If you choose wedges than bam... Your wedge game is perfect. If you choose putter then you will drain any putt in front of you. No magical ball flight or distance on any clubs just your normal swing that goes where you want it." Which do you choose?

Putter. Drain any putt, that's where strokes are won or lost, so I'd go putter

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'd go with putter, but not for the reason a lot of people will cite. I hate putting, so it would be nice to only have to do it once each hole.

Drain any putt would be an easy choice for me

I would go for wedges.
Even with my tee shots now, iron shots, etc. if I could wedge it to 8-10" from 120 and closer, I'll take my current putting chances.

You have to be on the green to putt. Sometimes I'm behind a tree, bad lie, hitting blind on the approach shots.
If I can't get to the green in a reasonable amount of strokes, absolute putting wouldn't help me.

Drain any putt means I am taking 18 putts per round max.
That means I just knocked about 14 shots off my average round.
That means I became a scratch player, if not a + player.
Sign me up.

Putter, no doubt about it!!!

Putter, but then I would putt from the tee box since every putt will be drained.

Honestly, I would go with Tee game.

Putter, but then I would putt from the tee box since every putt will be drained.

Honestly, I would go with Tee game.

I wish I could hit greens in regulation, then I would go "Putter".
But, if it takes me 6 strokes to get on the green with a par 4 or 5, a sure putt wouldn't help.

Since I chose "wedge", could that mean all of my wedge shots go in the hole?
If so, I could quit carrying a putter.

Putter...no second guess. Looking back at my PB round of a 67, would have been a 59 if I'd have one putted everything!

Putter would be the logical choice but a 100% bombed fairway drive would be awesome.

"If you choose irons then poof you hit every iron where you want" -- I want them all to go in the hole. 4 holes-in-one a round, thank you very much.

Say you where golfing and teed off on a hole. Hit your ball into a bunker and poof... A golf genie appears... He says to you. "Since you found my bunker I will grant you this... 1 part of your game will be automatic. If you choose Tee offs then you will hit every fairway. If you choose irons then poof you hit every iron where you want. If you choose wedges than bam... Your wedge game is perfect. If you choose putter then you will drain any putt in front of you. No magical ball flight or distance on any clubs just your normal swing that goes where you want it." Which do you choose?
This is a cheap azz Genie.

I have to go with wedges.

I'd get the genie that was a jerk. If I picked every fairway my genie would would allow me to hit every fairway but distance only be 100 yards off the tee or i'd slice it 2 fairways over and give him a look and he would say, "I never specified which fairway". Genies are jerks, I don't trust them!

Putter, and not even close on the others.

I average about 29 putts a round. Going to 18 or less immediately gets me 11+ strokes. If playing for money, I'll take putting. But I'd turn down the genies offer, bc what fun would no difficulty/suspense be? If he forced me to take one I'd take driver bc then still golfing a short course from the fairway.

Sign me up.
See that was my thinking on my answer too frank. 18 putts vs my normal 32 to 36 or more, I'll take 14 to 18 less strokes per round any day.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would choose irons. I feel comfortable enough on the tee box. And I am happy with my putting. So, hitting more GIR's would do the trick for me.

Sign me up.

This man has the math. Auto put is the obvious choice....

I wish my golf shanks would go away! I can’t hit a ball to save my life right now. I suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter for me, and it isn't close.

Irons. I want all my iron approach shots to go in the hole. From 36ish putts to 0. Boom! 59 watch every round.

Back