Which would you play?

Club #1, because I prefer a higher ball flight with my irons.

From the OP
Details: Club 1 launches HIGHER than Club 2, with a higher apex, and lower spin as well. Lets say for this that the lateral retention of ball-speed is the same on both clubs.

I read that. But higher flight may or may not overcome lower spin. It's a qualitative statement.

I would need more information. #1 seems like the obvious choice for me but what does it do to the rest of my distance gaps? Does it mean I have to carry an extra wedge because of the extra distance? If that is the case does the extra distance perhaps take a club out of the top of the bag (fwy or hybrid) to allow for that extra wedge to be in the bag?

What makes you believe there will be distance inconsistencies? Just assume that both clubs have the same level of forgiveness and equal distance loss on miss hits.

I could be wrong but I find the new technologies being used for "extreme distance and speed" are a little inconsistent with regards to distance control. I like a high trajectory but I'm willing to give up a few yards (or not gain any) for very good distance control. High trajectory (including shaft and ball) and excellent distance control is my dream set of irons. That's just me of course.

The one that is forged. :D Or both, they would be my 6 and 7 irons. On a one off basis give me club #1 as a no brainer.

1 seems like the way to go. More carry and less spin seem like a good thing to me.

option 2. Since everyone is taking option 1, the store was sold out when I went to buy a set. Damn you guys. Oh well.

I could be wrong but I find the new technologies being used for "extreme distance and speed" are a little inconsistent with regards to distance control. I like a high trajectory but I'm willing to give up a few yards (or not gain any) for very good distance control. High trajectory (including shaft and ball) and excellent distance control is my dream set of irons. That's just me of course.

We don't know what club is designed for extreme distance in this senario it would be relative to the individual golfer.

Definitely club #1. What more could you ask for?

I'll play club 1 all the time unless it's an altitude. I can't hit those for the life of me. my tiny little brain can't wrap around the concept.

That would be the XR Pro vs "traditional" (if I could add extra quotation marks to this, I would) lofts of a 7 iron. For example, XR Pro vs Nike VR Forged...

BTW, I would pick #1 provided dispersion was similar and feel comparable.

Alright, I'm curious, theoretically here which would you play? Why or why not?

Club 1: 31* loft, 37", minimal offset, smaller profile - Carries 175 yards for you
Club 2: 34* loft, 36.75", minimal offset, smaller profile - Carries 165 yards for you

Details: Club 1 launches HIGHER than Club 2, with a higher apex, and lower spin as well. Lets say for this that the lateral retention of ball-speed is the same on both clubs.
I don't think I can answer the question with the information provided. What is the context of the question? Are we looking for one club to fill a particular spot in our existing bag? (If so, I would play the club that fit my gaps best). Is it more abstract - these are the only two clubs in the world we can choose to play, which one would it be? (If so, first club). Are we picking two clubs from their own set and assuming, for example, that Club 2 has a 30* lofted club that would compete more directly with Club 1? (If so, I am not sure).

Club 1 for me. I can use the extra launch and I will never say no to added distance.

Club 1 without a doubt

I think some need to list this discussion in here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...What-do-YOU-overanalyze-when-it-comes-to-gear

Its a simple question with no need for paralysis by analysis, club one launches higher, carries further, has lower spin, and offers the same as club 2 in all other areas. Which would you play?
If you are just comparing club to club yes obviously club 1 wins but we all know golf is more than 1 club. I don't think anyone can argue club 2 wins with the information given if they do they are just trying to disagree with everyone that said I can't say in every situation I would game club 1. While it is by far the best club it may not be the best club/fit for my game based on the situation .

If you are just comparing club to club yes obviously club 1 wins but we all know golf is more than 1 club. I don't think anyone can argue club 2 wins with the information given if they do they are just trying to disagree with everyone that said I can't say in every situation I would game club 1. While it is by far the best club it may not be the best club/fit for my game based on the situation .

Rationalization. They key to find happiness by choosing what you like. :D

Golf may be, but this topic is about one club. Its really that simple, no tricks, not muss, no fuss...unless we allow ourselves to overanalyze it...and some are.

Its funny, you take a brand, shaft, and number stamped on the club away and so many of the repetitive old arguments just don't show up...

Rationalization. They key to find happiness by choosing what you like. :D
Correct I am not interested in hitting a PW 160 yards if I am only hitting my 50 degree 115. I have no need for that gap at the bottom of the bag. That said if the extra distance allows me to take a club out of the top end and add something in between to close gaps then I am all for it.

Golf may be, but this topic is about one club. Its really that simple, no tricks, not muss, no fuss...unless we allow ourselves to overanalyze it...and some are.

Its funny, you take a brand, shaft, and number stamped on the club away and so many of the repetitive old arguments just don't show up...
I don't think anyone can argue the other way club for club.

Correct I am not interested in hitting a PW 160 yards if I am only hitting my 50 degree 115. I have no need for that gap at the bottom of the bag. That said if the extra distance allows me to take a club out of the top end and add something in between to close gaps then I am all for it.

Gaps are made to be filled.
And frankly are not hard to be filled.
Rationalization is easy, but why stop at hitting a PW 130 or so. Why not weaken everything so that you have a PW to a solid 100? Seems no reason not to. Or no more of a reason against more distance.

I'd take club 1 every day and twice on sunday.

Back