2017 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Happy new year I'm just leaving the gym.

More yoga and more pilates for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Congratulations Capt'n. You're now the unofficial thread moderator.

First workout of the year.

Squats 320x5x3. New PR. 2nd set was strong. 3rd was a bit of a ball buster. This had an affect on my next lift.

Press 122.5x4x3x3. Just didn't have it in me today after this squats. Try again Friday.

Chinzzzzzzz 5,5,4 improvement of one rep each set.

2017 goals:
Milk out this LP as long as I can. Squats and deadlift continue to make good progress. Bench and press aren't stalled out, but expectedly are progressing slower.

Stick to it in 2017. Last year I stopped lifting in the spring and summer and that was a mistake. Want to get to the gym the whole year.

More to come.

Finally the year to get my butt in gear... I weighed in yesterday and now know what i need to do. Pretty sure we're getting a gym membership so i can get the little one into swimming asap.. I suppose i can do a little there too.

Do more yoga/stretching: 2 prior back surgeries force me to stretch a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after having severely spraining my right ankle back at the end of Summer...end of September/early October. It's finally back to as close as I get to 100% with it, I think. I finally can run full speed again, but I'll be wrapping it during softball or basketball for the rest of my life I imagine. Anyway, that set me back and now I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Granted, I'm not by any means "fat", but I'm more over weight that I should be. Closes aren't fitting right any more and the such. So, today is Day 1 of eating right. I'll be working on that for about two weeks. Then, once my wife starts he new job, I won't have to work nights on top of my days anymore. So, starting on the 16h I'll be working out at least 4 nights a week minimum.

2016 I has some health issues that kept me out of the gym. I started back up a few weeks ago with cardio and some light weights. I hope to get back to 4 times a week to increase strength and loose weight. No power lifting but I will be working on increasing weights.

Stretch goal for 2017: 2/3/4/5
200 lbs press, 300 lbs bench, 400 lbs squat, and 500 lbs deadlift. Squat should happen early in the year, but the rest will be tougher to hit. Also, I'd like to do that while dropping weight, so that should be fun.

I have not been to the gym in 1 month and 2 days due to stomach flu, a ruckus of a head cold and then xmas and gym renovations. SO. This afternoon will be quite an interesting experience (assuming there's room in the gym...)

New year, new goals! Took some time off to concentrate on finishing my semester but now its break and i can really form my plan going forward. I hope everyone had a safe New Years and I hope the fresh start will help people (including me) get stoked again and for new comers to take the leap and get started!

Bench tonight. Then some volume bench. Then some dumbbell rows. I wish I could say it was exciting.

Just did a T25 workout. I struggle with all the bouncing up and down, because I have no rhythm whatsoever, but man do I feel pretty good after. On top of a great nutrition day, feeling pretty good. Need some momentum to keep it going.

After a 10 day hiatus due to 1 helluva cold and its associated 100°+ fever for 4 days I now return to the gym. Stay tuned for further updates on this same station as we chronicle the journey to a 1500 lb total.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know you've heard it all before but the key to successful fitness regimen is to make small changes. Trying to jump into a 4-5 times a week WO will spell failure.... start slow to create habits whether lifting, doing cardio or cross training. For golfers and hackers alike core exercises cannot be stressed enough.... lots of planks and functional movements. Stay healthy in 2017!

Squats and power cleans tonight. Gonna be a treat. I might even do some light conditioning. Basically, I'm going to walk on a treadmill while I watch Netflix

Just did a T25 workout. I struggle with all the bouncing up and down, because I have no rhythm whatsoever, but man do I feel pretty good after. On top of a great nutrition day, feeling pretty good. Need some momentum to keep it going.

I did that program for 16-17 weeks last year along with a good nutrition plan and dropped 25lbs. It does take some rhythm but even if you follow along with the girl doing the modified version you get a heck of a workout

I did that program for 16-17 weeks last year along with a good nutrition plan and dropped 25lbs. It does take some rhythm but even if you follow along with the girl doing the modified version you get a heck of a workout

lol my dog looks at me while doing it and just hides her face. Even she can stand the looks of me trying to hop properly. It looks something like Navin Johnson dancing in the opening scene of The Jerk.

lol my dog looks at me while doing it and just hides her face. Even she can stand the looks of me trying to hop properly. It looks something like Navin Johnson dancing in the opening scene of The Jerk.
Lol i just watched that the other day. Even if you were born a poor black man, you can stick with the program! Haha seriously tho keep it up! Results will continue to come

First day back has me sore af!! Havent been like this in over a year haha nice to be back at it tho

On another note, Nike Romaleos 3 are starting pre orders.........lol i dont need em tho

2017 Fitness and Workout Thread

Started last year but dropped off, going for the push-up challenge again this year. Plan is simple, do a push-up for whatever day of the year it is (i.e. January 1 = 1, January 2 = 2, all the the way to 365 on the last day of the year). Should be fun! For those wondering, it's 66,795 push-ups for the year. Had a couple buddies who did it last year, so it's definitely possible.

Had a really good chest and back workout today with very little down time. In between each set I had some kind of cardio exercise or abs to do (active rest). For example I did incline dumbbell bench and in between sets I did 10 burpees then back to the bench. Everything was high rep 12-15

So no Ddec appearances on Americas got talent :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back