Any softball players here?

I was in a league the past couple of year. Took this year off for golf. Gotta mix in both sports next year.

just wondering, do you find yourself as much of an equipment junkie in softball (or as picky about what you use) as you are golf? I've gotten to know a few reps for Vinci and I've been all about their gloves for a few years now. Their mesh back closed back gloves feel amazing. I'm pretty particular about my bats too. I guess I'm just that kind of guy...

just wondering, do you find yourself as much of an equipment junkie in softball (or as picky about what you use) as you are golf? I've gotten to know a few reps for Vinci and I've been all about their gloves for a few years now. Their mesh back closed back gloves feel amazing. I'm pretty particular about my bats too. I guess I'm just that kind of guy...

I no longer play, but when I did I would support this message.

I'm debating playing this fall season. But, playing ball two nights a week means I get home late two nights a week. Less time to see my little girl, but possibly a good stress reliever.

The last game I played (this last Tues.) I was playing left field. It was a co-ed game and we were playing against a good co-ed team. We were down 11-3, so the game was almost over anyway, but this girl hit one down the left field line and a little over my right. I broke back for the ball, got a good jump, but I had to dive back and to my right to catch it. I wish I could have got that on video, would have made SportsCenter with that catch! Fully laid out, but my right arm took the hit hard. Popped up and threw the ball in, but I could feel it in my right shoulder. It's been two days now and it's still sore. As I type this I have no pain at all, but when I lift my arm in a throwing motion, I'm feeling it.
Needless to say, this is one of those times where the rain we got this morning, I didn't mind. I don't know if I could throw very well tonight if I had to. I could play hurt and all, but I'd rather not mess up my golf swing. That's WAY more important to me than a co-ed Rec league softball game.
I asked out catcher if the ball would have fell fair or foul, she said it would have been on the line and close. She said that when I dove and made the catch my glove/ball was right on the line. It was sprinkling as we played, and I slide like a slipper slide on my stomach/chest for about 8 feet. ha ha ha Only down side about it....we ended up getting 15 run ruled the next inning anyway. :banghead:

I play tonight. Last regular season games and if we win both were in second for playoffs. Hope we can pull it off

Tournament tonight to end the fall season. Too cold for Fu Dawg so pulling out my circa 1988 TPS Tourny bat, hopefully pull out the victory as we fell apart in my other League last week. Will hopefully stay above 40 if the weather app is right...multiple layers for sure. 1st seed and get back to back games (pending first win), should be fun! With a busy work schedule this week, no time for the clubs...this will help.

I play tonight. Last regular season games and if we win both were in second for playoffs. Hope we can pull it off

A bit of a delay....but?

Yes, but thankfully I don't have the need or desire to change that often. My go to for most equipment has been Mizuno across the board. The Wrath was one of my favorite bats. With the lack of options, went with a Fu Dawg earlier this year on the bat...very impressed.

Some fun was had tonight...until next spring:
IMAG0043.jpg

It has begun, practice today (read old men batting practice and shagging balls). Spring season begins this month.

I play in a coed league here in Central Park yesterday had some long toss practice. 3rd season together. 1st season lost I quarter finals last season in the semis. Hoping this is the year! Team balls deep FTW!

I used to play a lot... like 5 leagues a week. I'm a pretty good pitcher so it was easy to find teams that needed one. I hurt my shoulder so I sat out one season and haven't really gotten back into it.

Frankly, I got sick of people being flakey and it being tough to get a full team to show up. I don't have to worry about that with golf! :)

We're still buried in snow here, but I ran into a bunch of my softball teammates yesterday, and we're all pumped to get going in 2014. Even signed up for a few weekend tournaments in addition to our 1-2 games a week.

Got a few swings in 2 weekends ago and the itch is back. I am ready for a good season. Hoping we can get a couple tournaments in as well.

It has begun. Love stepping up to the plate and them seeing my huge stature and move up.

2 In the park homers
1 triple
1 out of the park

Body feels it right now. Tried using the mechanics of my golf swing and it worked out pretty well. Here's to a fun spring 2015 season!

We don't start for a few weeks but I've been breaking in my new bat.

We don't start for a few weeks but I've been breaking in my new bat.
Couple guys picked up new bats this year too but wont bring them out until summer. Wont swing mine unless its at least 50 degrees outside. It is a couple years old and if the new bats impress me...may bring it out when its cold. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade...ha.

Hope this year finds you carrying fences and turning doubles my friend.

Couple guys picked up new bats this year too but wont bring them out until summer. Wont swing mine unless its at least 50 degrees outside. It is a couple years old and if the new bats impress me...may bring it out when its cold. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade...ha.

Hope this year finds you passing fences and turning doubles my friend.

You too buddy. Went with the new Easton Wegman ASA. Hits the 52s really well it is pretty hot with only like 300 swings on it. Cannot wait until it fully opens up

With the nice weather we have had lately everyone is itching to get going, our leagues don't start until April 21. Just ordered some new cleats and I need to oil up the glove and I should be set.

Took some BP with the boys yesterday and hit almost every pitch middle. Was not trying but when I have not played in awhile I tend to go middle. I would have gotten our pitcher killed if it was a tourney.

Tomorrow will be our third week of the Spring season. Its been ugly trying to work the kinks out.

I finally bought myself a new bat and so far am enjoying it. Got last years Easton B4.0 and I've only put 100 swings on it, still plenty of pop before broken in. Can't wait to get her broken in.

Yep...still got it?. Just head to bench young man...this ole arm just gave you a whoopin. Fun game.

Tomorrow will be our third week of the Spring season. Its been ugly trying to work the kinks out.

I finally bought myself a new bat and so far am enjoying it. Got last years Easton B4.0 and I've only put 100 swings on it, still plenty of pop before broken in. Can't wait to get her broken in.

Eastons take awhile to break in too! Maybe another 5-600 cuts. The new 2015s are better I think mine is pretty well broken in at about 300 swings and it crushes .52s from ASA

3-0 after last night. 3/4 fairways and sand play was pretty solid.

Back