2017 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no Ddec appearances on Americas got talent :alien:

heck no. Funny thing is I met Nerfny in a dance class out at college. So I blame her

Not the best day in the gym today. Trying to go heavy but missed progression on all 3 lifts (squats, bench, deads). Squats went 375x2, 365x2, 315x3; on the 315 I was going to do AMRAP, and apparently tonight that was 3... Bench was 225x3, 235x1, then quit. Deads were 405x3,2.

I think I've been trying too big of jumps because it worked two or three times, but now I'm just ndtp and it's messing up my gainz. Also, it was about 1000* in the gym and I was sweating loading weights for my first warmups, so that might not have helped. Planning a deload next week to hit 3x5 and go from there.

Shoulders and legs tonight.

Thinking of going cardio in the mornings and weights at night if I don't go to the range. Anyone else try it?

heck no. Funny thing is I met Nerfny in a dance class out at college. So I blame her

So it was a mercy date on her part. :alien:

Good luck with t25 and your goals

Heavy singles tonight. 10 days is too long of a break for anyone wondering.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Heavy singles tonight. 10 days is too long of a break for anyone wondering.

Yeah after my two plus week break I was hurting a bit after getting back

Ok I'm gonna run some madcow. Try and get a little more LP.

Finished 2016 with 315 bench, 475 dead, 455 squat. Now I am trying to up my 5 rep max. Hit 405x4 squat last night pretty clean, 285x4 bench on Monday. Need to work some reps on the dead lifts to get my forearms stronger. Any auxiliary lifts I should be doing to help that?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Finished 2016 with 315 bench, 475 dead, 455 squat. Now I am trying to up my 5 rep max. Hit 405x4 squat last night pretty clean, 285x4 bench on Monday. Need to work some reps on the dead lifts to get my forearms stronger. Any auxiliary lifts I should be doing to help that?

Strong year. Good work.

Farmers Walk is one I see suggested a lot. Anything to help improve that grip strength.

Light squats today. 255x5x3. Much better on depth and getting my butt back to keep those hamstrings tight.

Bench press pr 180x5x3. Much better than last week

Power Clean 155x3,3,2,0 blah. Felt pretty fatigued by the time I got to them. Just couldn't get explosive. Try again next time.

Today was my off day from the gym. Got in some running this morning with my fitness club kids and continued my 200 push-ups and sit-ups a day. Had one of my cross country kids do it last month and he challenged me to do it this month. So everyday I do 200 of each. Currently it takes me 4 sets of 50 to knock them out. I am hoping by the end of the month I will be able to do all 200 in one set.

PRed my press tonight. 155x8.

Besides continuing my DDP Yoga routine, I think I'm going to give SuperSpeed Golf a try. Besides possibly gaining some swing speed, it looks like a pretty nice full body workout & could help firm up the torso/chest/arms a bit.

It's not picking things up or putting them down, but the doc and I decided to get a Peloton bike today and I'm excited. It's expensive, yeah, but I've always wanted to do spin but lack the want to be around the twig like people who frequent the classes around here, this solves that whole giving me music, video, and LOW IMPACT on my old busted knees. I'm really excited.

It's not picking things up or putting them down, but the doc and I decided to get a Peloton bike today and I'm excited. It's expensive, yeah, but I've always wanted to do spin but lack the want to be around the twig like people who frequent the classes around here, this solves that whole giving me music, video, and LOW IMPACT on my old busted knees. I'm really excited.
Is that the one that can connect to Google maps and adjust the slope and resistance automatically?

Those bikes look awesome, you'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

Woke up 30 minutes early and did some stretching and core stuff. It's a start!

Is that the one that can connect to Google maps and adjust the slope and resistance automatically?

Nah, this is the one that has a 21" screen and lets you either take live classes or over 3000 streaming classes. Its pretty damn cool, I'm legitimately excited to workout for the first time in forever because I feel like I'll be able to get high intensity work in without sacrificing my time with my daughter each day I'd otherwise have to if I went to the gym.

Nah, this is the one that has a 21" screen and lets you either take live classes or over 3000 streaming classes. Its pretty damn cool, I'm legitimately excited to workout for the first time in forever because I feel like I'll be able to get high intensity work in without sacrificing my time with my daughter each day I'd otherwise have to if I went to the gym.
Awesome dude! Hope you hit your goals this year. Those things look nice

My goals for 2017 are to take care of my self even better than before...2016 was a bit crazy with a lot of bad food and drinks, but also a lot of working out...they kind of ruled each other out. The december holiday season with all the parties and x-mas food did rally up some lbs :D

I also had a large surgery thing on the 12th of December, which more or less has immobilised me for the past weeks...I hope to start moving a bit more in a week or so.

2017 is going to be a great year!

That's awesome! Is it subscription based, or do you get access to the classes with the purchase of the bike?

My goals for 2017 are to take care of my self even better than before...2016 was a bit crazy with a lot of bad food and drinks, but also a lot of working out...they kind of ruled each other out. The december holiday season with all the parties and x-mas food did rally up some lbs :D

I also had a large surgery thing on the 12th of December, which more or less has immobilised me for the past weeks...I hope to start moving a bit more in a week or so.

2017 is going to be a great year!
Kick some ass! Hope recovery goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back