New OEM, who do you choose as the face of Co.?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I see it all the time, people not getting behind an OEMs choice of players. So I'd like to know who you would pick to represent you on tour. It's your company and you need a face or faces to sell your brand.

Its the end of the 2016 season and there are plenty of golfers not under contract. Who do you choose. The top stars are under contract so who do look to from the professional ranks?

I'm going after the biggest names I can get and who represent potential for success. On the PGA tour I'm going after Rory and if we can't come to terms I going to get Koepka, Berger, Finau, Jhonatahn Vegas.

Rickie Fowler... he is liked on tour, the kids love him, his social Media use is very helpful & he seems to just get it

Dustin is to "robotic"
Jason day gets hurt a lot
Rory & Tiger seems to be a bit closed off

Right now I would go after the best player that will improve my bottom line. Possibly a upcoming amateur in mold of Mickleson if possible, but if I had a new company I would go after a Patrick Reed regardless of what it takes to get him away from Callaway. After the Ryder Cup, his stock is rising fast!! Justin Rose would be another great choice. I don't have to have a win every week, just someone who shows up on TV regularly!!

if i'm new, i'm probably going to go after newer golfers in the recreational consumer market, not guys who have been playing for a long time. i'm not going to spend my fresh capital trying to unhinge decades of cache the other brands already have. so i'm looking for newer faces who are accessible via social media, work well with the media, and can win.

stateside pga i go fowler.
internationally i go pieters.
lpga i go ko.

If I could get anyone I wanted I would grab Spieth, Matsuyama, Fowler, Koepka, Finau, Grillo. Give me a mix of young proven winners and able to grab global market share/awareness.

I'm thinking someone young and has potential for a big following. Guys like Beef Johnston or Wesley Bryan come to mind

Probably Spieth or Fowler maybe Spieth b/c of the Dubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickie Fowler... he is liked on tour, the kids love him, his social Media use is very helpful & he seems to just get it

Dustin is to "robotic"
Jason day gets hurt a lot
Rory & Tiger seems to be a bit closed off

Rickie is always one that comes to mind for me, he seems to move the needle, seems like he'd be fairly easy to market across all demographics, if he'd start winning more, pull in a major or two, I think he's marketability just goes up exponentially.

I would choose Jordan Speieth to be the face of my custom. He is a strong competitor and has a squeaky clean image.

I'd be taking Jordan or Rickie if I could have my pick. Young and extremely talented, very likable and clean images. Good ol American pretty boys!

I'm thinking someone young and has potential for a big following. Guys like Beef Johnston or Wesley Bryan come to mind

I like where your heads at with those two picks! I'd add also add Justin Rose, and Brittany Lang and or Lexi Thompson on the LPGA side.

I would go with Ricky or Spieth. Ricky has an energetic, outgoing and friendly personality that can draw attention. Spieth has the clean image and is such a likeable and nice guy.

I would also look at Wesley Bryan for up and comers. He seems like a nice guy and the trick shot videos would be a draw for commercials and advertising.

Rory. 100% Rory.

Get his equipment contract high enough that you can leverage more "corporate events". Get him to talk about the clubs more, on air. It may start to sound NASCAR, but it is what sells equipment.

I like where your heads at with those two picks! I'd add also add Justin Rose, and Brittany Lang and or Lexi Thompson on the LPGA side.

If you read the Lydia Ko to PXG thread lang doesn't move the needle and LPGA players for the most part don't either. I like your choices and I think all three could be used to market different segments

If I could take anyone I am probably starting with Rory, Reed and Justin Rose

Rickie fowler because what young kid/teenager doesn't like him.

Beef. Massive following and a regular guy.

Day, Rory, Koepka, Speith, Fowler. Day 1st because Dash is so dang cute and marketable in his own right.

Last edited:
Koepka or Reed. If I went a little deeper, I would sign Matsuyama and Pieters for the international market.

I probably go with Speith, good image and a good golfer. Gives a lot back to the game and community. The biggest gripe about him is pace, companies don't do a lot of marketing to people concerned with pace. Those people generally already have/know what they need/want in there gear it seems.

Known vets that are still relevant and young up and comers that are ready to break out.

Back