What Ball "Works" for You?

gmmerrell

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have a preferred ball? If so, what is it? How did it become your go-to ball and how did you decide it was better for you than any other balls on the market?

I have not tried out everything out there, of course, but have actually had the most success with a ball called Linkswalker ProVICTORY. I just was able to play more accurately and have a better score with this ball from playing with it

B330-S. I've been fit to it twice and it just flat out does everything I want.

Chromesoft - specifically the Truvis. I tried a lot of balls last year and I kept coming back to the Chromesoft balls. They just feel right.

Z Star XV works very well for me. I absolutely love the ball

Titleist NXT Tour
Bridgestone E6
Recently got some Mojo balls as a gift and they aren't bad. Not real spinny with the wedges though.

ProV1, while maybe not the longest ball I've used. The feel off all my clubs is second to none.

Snells & K Sig's for me....great price and performance all around :banana:

Bridgestone B330-RX with Snell MTB nipping closely at it's heels.

I have had really good luck with Srixon Q Stars and Bridgestone E5's

Bridgestone E6
TM RBZ U

And, if I'm lucky enough to try it one day (not available in Canada), I'm pretty sure K Sigs will do wonders :clap:

Honestly, there are a number of good options, and I've scored equally good, and bad, with each ball. Right now, I have a stash of ProV1X, but also enjoy the Duo/Duo Spin, Z Star, Chrome Soft, and B330S.

Bridgestone B330RXS, it meets my needs in all areas!

My first choices are Tour Preferred X, B330, and Pro V1x. The TPx seems to edge the other two out slightly for me.

Vice Pro Plus. But, if Costco is able to supply the Kirkland this spring I will try both of these balls at my club fitter for a head to head challenge.

I have several...b330-rx and rxs, prov1 and v1x, z star xv

I love Chrome Soft and 330RX, but generally shoot as well with something like a Supersoft, or lately, Srixon Soft Feel. Last round I backed up two Soft Feels (like a foot or two, nothing giant), but still. I'll bust out the big boys when it counts. If I'm out hacking around in 45° windy rounds, I'll stick with softer and cheaper.

Note: If you're ever playing with me and I find a ProV of any sort, you get to keep it. I won't hit any Titleist, pretty much.

I am between Chrome Soft and the B330. The B330 I was fit into and been pretty happy with both.

B330RX. It ticks the most boxes for me between length, spin and feel. The only thing I'd change is the color. Move from the tepid yellow to a more vibrant Srixon type yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a total golf ball snob, hey when I came back to the game my favorite balls were the Wilson FLIs you get from walmart for $5 a dozen.. but the more I develop in this game the ball I like the most is the Titleist DT TruSoft, I try to like the Pro v1X, but I don't think it suits my game at least for where it is right now.

Callaway makes some really nice balls too, I found one of those soccer ball logo'd ones and it felt pretty good.

Have to go with the Chrome Soft or ProV1X

B330-S for me. I was fit to it through B-Fit a few times along with the B330 and put them to the test against eachother, what I found was that for me the added spin of the B330-S really gives me the ability to be a LOT more aggressive into the greens.

I play either a Chromesoft Truvis (Yellow/Black) or Supersoft (prefer Yellow). Both balls work well (and similarly) for me. The price point on the Supersoft is great. A Y/B Supersoft Truvis would be the bomb for me.

There are three balls that I usually use: NXT Tour S, B330RX, and the E6. I think that the NXT ball is the one I will be using the most this year.

Pro v1x

Back