What Ball "Works" for You?

Chrome soft, I get good distance with it and I'm finally able to hold some of the rock hard greens on my home course.

B330 hands down (2014 version).

Entered the year with decreased distance combined with increased inaccuracy in general but with driver especially due to injury.

Even as the shoulder improved and distance numbers crept back upward, my inaccuracy was largely the same and even worse at times.

I tried what had worked in the past for me. Penta (old stock), XV, ProV1 and X, Innovex V-Motion, Wilson Zip. But I had better results with newer balls, Chrome Soft, Snell MTB. Better but I still needed/wanted more help.

Then I tried another from the past from my old stock, the B330 (2012 version, I believe).

Whoa.

Where in the past I'd applauded them for performing well yet criticized them for feeling way too hard for my tastes, a few years later and they felt great to me.

My swing flaws were obviously still there but the punishment for the worst of swings was noticeably less. And the surprising tee shot that drifted regardless of my believing that I'd actually put a good swing on the ball disappeared. With the B330, I got what I expected even if it was more than I deserved.

Confidence improved, as did my assertiveness as I began to make a more aggressive pass at the ball.

Distance has only returned roughly 50% but now I can go every other round or so without losing a darn ball. My desperation began when I lost 6 XVs through 9 holes or so. Spin-Skin ruined me, can't have that! I'm sure it's a fantastic ball for many but in comparing with an older version XV, it was night and day for my game. All night for the new version, lol...

Pinnacle Soft, Wilson Staff Duo Spin & Maxfli Softfli.

Q-Star Tour Yellow. it just works. Bridgestone e6 is a good ball for me as well.

It used to be the NXT Tour, but now it's the W/S 50 Elite. I like the softer compression feel, and the price is absolutely right.

The best ball for me if the old TM TP Black LDP. I stocked up on them as the pricing came down but now I am down to my last dozen. As a result, I don't play them all the time. I haven't found a ball that matches up withthat ball in regard to launch, distance, feel and performance around and on the green for me. Most of the time I play the Chrome Soft or the Snell with an overall preference between those two for the Snell, but I can get Chrome Soft for a great price that I can't ignore.

I stuck with the Pro V1x for the second half of last season, but had also played and enjoyed the Snell MTB, Taylormade Project (a), and Callaway Chromesoft.

There are three balls that I usually use: NXT Tour S, B330RX, and the E6. I think that the NXT ball is the one I will be using the most this year.

The NXT Tour and the e6 seem similar, but the B330RX seems like a totally different ball. Are you using them in specific situations?

The NXT Tour and the e6 seem similar, but the B330RX seems like a totally different ball. Are you using them in specific situations?

No specific situations. I seem to play more consistent with any 3 of these. Love the feel of all three with woods, irons, and putter.

2016 Chromesoft, Srixon Soft Feel and B-300RXS all feel good off the driver, consistent distance and are great on the short game for me.

The B330-RXS has been my ball of choice since getting fitted a few years ago. With that said, the Kirkland Signature is quickly becoming a cheaper alternative that seems to perform just as well for me.

Thankfully I've found a bunch of balls that all perform around the same level for me. The e6 is my all around favorite, but the Duo and the Softfli are both great for my swing and come in at a little less expensive, so bonus for that.

My two "go-to" balls are B330RX and the e6. Have been for years, just cant beat them.

Whatever happens to be in my bag. I can play poorly with any ball.

Current model Q Star and Soft Feel.

Bridgestone b330 rx is my favorite. Softfeel or e5 would be my budget choice. I also enjoy the w/s fg tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon Soft Feel 2016 or Callaway Supersoft. Both work great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same ball Tiger and Bryson use.

Gamed the B330 all last year. Did everything I needed to. Ordered some Snell MTB's to try out this year.

Srixon Z and Q star fit my game and me. But I do play other balls occasionally.

Callaway Chrome Soft

However, I've had good luck with the B330-RX, and Z Star.

Always just used whatever, but am pretty keen to find a ball I really like.
Had a really good round with a Srixon soft feel Lady's the other day

Mid price. NXT Tour, E6, Top Flite Gamer, Wilson 50 elite, Q Star, DT solo/soft, Titleist Velocity, and Callaway Warbird, Cally Super soft.

Z Star XV - I love the longer alignment line it has, always feel confident with the putter because of it. Tour Preferred X is my other gamer. Durable and long off the driver.

Currently Chrome Soft, but I've also had a lot of success with the B330-RX. Keep getting the 330-S back from their online selection tool. One of these days I'll get around to buying a couple of sleeves to try them out.

EDIT: Also played Z-Stars for a while. Great ball as well.

Back