• May 19-21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JohnSinVA

Porkins
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This is a slightly edited version of a proposal that was originally posted in the DMV thread but I am starting this thread as a feeler/planner and for more general consumption since this particular destination is pretty accessible to folks in other threads as well:

Gentleman, I realize Winter is finally settling in but, to paraphrase my father, Spring's just around the corner. With that said I am going to resurrect an idea I floated last fall for an unofficial weekend outing at my brother's rental house at Deep Creek Lake, in Western MD. The original idea was to get a group together for a weekend of golf, beverage consumption, cooking meat over fire, and other man-things. What I had envisioned was playing 36 on Saturday at the Wisp Resort courses and working in some golf on Friday and Sunday with times and locations TBD depending on what works out best for the most guys as far as when they can head out, from where they are coming, etc. There are some good options in surrounding areas and at the destination for Friday/Sunday play.

The rental house claims a sleeping capacity of 15 (bedding options are listed at the linked site). Given golf's chosen multiple of four 16 of us would make for tight quarters and strange bedfellows. To keep the accommodations reasonably comfortable I would say 12 would be the max the joint could handle. Eight would be the minimum to make the endeavor worthwhile in keeping fun to a maximum and lodging costs to a minimum. I'm looking at a mid-May time frame, specifically the weekends of the 13th and 20th. This is prior to the Memorial day weekend official opening of the summer season, and a couple weeks after the official course openings. For those who are somewhat averse to playing in cooler temps (you know who you are) I will say that, while somewhat unlikely, highs in the 40s at that time of year are not unheard of. Included is a poll for those who may be interested in attending as to which weekend would work best.

I've floated this idea past my brother and have his approval, and a threat that he may actually fly in for it, so if I get enough buy in and lead time we may actually be able to pull this thing off.

May is a tricky month for me but the earlier option is better for me normally

Early or late is good for me, This would be a great time for sure!

Bumping this one for a date change. The weekend of 12-14 May is Mother's Day weekend, so that's out. So let's make the early option May 5-7. I can't change the dates on the poll, so you'll just have to work that out in your head :D

Last edited:
Back