Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Tried to help...oh well

Lol might as well just let me keep adding to the swag urban legend

If people only knew that you took 12 days in California between multiple trips and visited companies on like 24 occasions and got a single driver shaft, only because they wanted you to have one.

If people only knew that you took 12 days in California between multiple trips and visited companies on like 24 occasions and got a single driver shaft, only because they wanted you to have one.
And the No 3 Jacks coin he always brags about. #Jerk lol

Just so I can put this out there. Mikedean and Devrickus are swag free. I asked them and they politely declined saying it wasn't needed.

They are doing this because they love the event and want to win.
He has described his club grabbing plans multiple times in this very thread. Cannot be trusted.

Just so I can put this out there. Mikedean and Devrickus are swag free. I asked them and they politely declined saying it wasn't needed.

They are doing this because they love the event and want to win.

Well if you count HoF tags as swag, Dev will certainly be guilty

1st practice match goes to TeamDev. Cace scratched out a win on the last hole.

Had a great time & confirmed I need to work on my putting some more. I'd like to blame it on the slow, punched & sandy greens, but I never felt comfortable over the putter today.

I must say I'm a little jealous of all the Legacy guys getting out on the course this weekend while the snow melts here... AGAIN.

I think I'd be going a little nuts if I didn't have my hitting bay this winter for sure. Spent another hour and a half in there tonight working on things. My new "move" is taking root. I had good results all the way through the hybrid today. Not every swing was a work of art, but my misses are becoming less penalizing. I'm really working on a consistent shot shape I can rely on when the pressure hits this summer. Tomorrow I will hopefully work in some driver swings too and see how that's coming along.

After about 120 balls full swing, wedge through hybrid, I went back in for about 45 minutes of just hitting partial lob wedges. The 40 to 80 yard shot distance has historically been the downfall of many a round of golf for me. I want to turn that weakness into a strength by July.

Today was really wet but I managed to get a 9 hole round in, some short game practice and 75 balls at the range. I would have hit more tonight but it wasn't going well and I'm trying to be careful not to repeat a wrong move.

Overall my iron and wedge game is really coming along but my wood game is lagging behind. It will be rectified.

Keep up the good work Curt. You'll get it sorted, I know it!

Played with Erky yesterday. Let me tell you, this man is putting in work and it shows. His wedge play around the green was outstanding. Several tap in's after chips and many of those chips threatened to drop.

Are you working on your game? Better get after it if you want to keep up with Erky!

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

More work in the hitting bay tonight. Gap wedge all the way through driver tonight. And it's really starting to come around. Hoping my ball striking is dialed in by golf weather time so I can put in much needed work outdoors on chipping and putting. #THPLegacy and my team mates are motivating me to get to another level with my game this year!

Oh, and starting to crack the 300 yard mark with the big stick. Been a while!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427071715.738445.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427071715.738445.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
Am I reading that right?
92 swing speed, 134 ball speed and 300 driving distance?
While I have personally seen you hit it that far, those numbers seem a bit off.

Am I reading that right?
92 swing speed, 134 ball speed and 300 driving distance?
While I have personally seen you hit it that far, those numbers seem a bit off.

Yeah,think I took the snapshot early, lol. The ball speed widget didnt get up to where it stopped. 163 ball speed.

Good grief man! That'll work out nicely come July. Keep it up brother.

Thanks Cace. I hope my driver game is in order but 100 and in will probably be deciding how my Legacy is decided. 17 weeks brother!

Thanks Cace. I hope my driver game is in order but 100 and in will probably be deciding how my Legacy is decided. 17 weeks brother!
I'll say this, on true blue most of the fairways are so wide you could land a 747 on them, so driver wasn't that hard on that course. Caledonia is much tighter but also shorter on a lot of holes that you didn't need driver all that much, at least IMO. The approach shots will make the difference.

I'm hoping to get some short game work in tomorrow. At the Live Driver Testing Event, there were moments that I felt pretty good with the short game, and then old habits started coming back. With that said this week will be devoted to working on chipping, putting, green side bunkers and workimg the range. No holes this weekend.

Got outside during my lunch and hit 45 balls total between my 9i and 56. They were foam balls but I was happy with the swing.

I'm not sure how previous events panned out, but this is shaping up to be a clash of the titans. Every single person is working hard to be their best, on and off the course. I get the feeling that everyone involved is going to be proud of their legacy.

There is nothing like a great lesson to light the fire! And that fire is burning hot right now. I can't wait to see where this work takes me!

I think I am going to seek out another lesson pack but from a different pro/teacher.
I want to focus 100% on my tee game and get it to where I know it can be.

Last edited:
I am getting pretty excited about my short game. It has always been my weakness. I figured out what I need to do. I just need reps now. My chipping has improved dramatically in the last couple weeks.

I am getting pretty excited about my short game. It has always been my weakness. I figured out what I need to do. I just need reps now. My chipping has improved dramatically in the last couple weeks.

Me too!!!

Got back in front of the cameras last night, got some things worked out in my swing. I feel like all the little pieces from my lessons are starting to come together and I need to spend a lot of time grooving them. It feels so good going from a really crappy swing to an ok swing with the goal of getting to a downright decent swing. If nothing else, my legacy will be that I put in the work to become a better golfer. Before I got picked that was my goal, but there was no timeline. Now there's a timeline, and the plan is coming together. Full swing focus until the end of April, then switch to short game and course management. I may not be a great golfer by July, but I'll be the best golfer I can be.

Back