What shot are you afraid to hit?

Tee shots with trouble (OB/water) all the way down the left. My big miss is a really quick hook and I seem to find those hazards much too often.

I guaranteed fade off the tee with a driver/FW/Hybo, I just can't make it happen on command!

The shot I struggle with or just can't hit the most would be a fade . I hit the ball more straight and with a slight draw on most of my shots , When it comes to hitting a cut/fade shot its just not gonna happen. When setting up for that shot ( club face slightly open,more of an open stance ,and ball forward a hair) It never works. I just trust that I can hit it straight and leave plenty of room on the left side of the fairway .

I can't say I'm "afraid" of any shot, but I am terrible between 40-100 yards, and I let it get to me at times.

I can't say I'm "afraid" of any shot, but I am terrible between 40-100 yards, and I let it get to me at times.
That's such a "feel" yardage. I struggle there as well. I usually happy with on the green. Which isn't good.

That's such a "feel" yardage. I struggle there as well. I usually happy with on the green. Which isn't good.
I would usually be happy with on the green tee, and I usually walk away unhappy, which is worse.

I would honestly take 160 yards over 80 yards everytime.

85 yards it's the bane of my existence . Too short for a full 60 and every time I try a low 56 it fails miserably .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would usually be happy with on the green tee, and I usually walk away unhappy, which is worse.

I would honestly take 160 yards over 80 yards everytime.
Here's something dumb. On flightscope, over a month, I was better from 210 than from 140. My instructor moved. I'm not joking with any of that.

Partial wedges. I don't swing as hard as I should for fear they'll go too far. A lot end up way too short. Need to internalize what it takes to make them.

I'm intimidated by bunker shots...I always feel I can never get out of them. I decelerate quite a bit and duff the shot. I have recently taken lessons for the bunker shot and just have to practice to get better now that I understand how to get out of the bunkers.

I'm intimidated by bunker shots...I always feel I can never get out of them. I decelerate quite a bit and duff the shot. I have recently taken lessons for the bunker shot and just have to practice to get better now that I understand how to get out of the bunkers.
I used to hate bunker shots. Then we played 8 courses in 5 days in Myrtle Beach which all had a ton of bunkers on them and I think I hit every one of them. By the end of the week, I was a bunker pro.

The 190 to 220 range really just scares me because these are the shots with longer irons, hybrids and woods not really confident with these clubs. This is the part of my game I really need work on. Just so inconsistent with these clubs hoping to change that this season.

chip/pitch over water. Forced water carries on par3s usually play with my mind.

Bunker shots. Short ones, mainly.
There was a time I was decent at them. Not great, but I got out 9/10 times with some distance control.

Course I've played for the last 10 years after getting back into it has ONE hole with bunkers, and those are beach sand that we pick rocks out of. Any rain followed by sun bakes them. I'm not getting any practice, so when I travel and wind up in a bunker, I'm lost.

Shots that would be prefect for fairway woods.. I have problems hitting my woods..
I use a 3-iron pretty well, I get good distance with it, but still think I would get more out of a wood if I wasn't in a negative headspace when its time to use them...

Mine seams to be chipping up to a short sided pin with only a couple of meters to work with. Im not confident playing the flop shot to put it high, i seam to blade it across the green if i try.

I don't think that I'm "afraid" of a golf shot. It's golf, after all.

But I cannot hit a fade on purpose to save my life.

Bunker shots. I absolutely dread them.

there are two shots that I will often tense up on and miss hit: the 40 to 60 yard wedge shot, and the long fairway wood shot. On the short wedge, I tend to decelerate and hit it very short, and on the fairway wood, I tend to hurry the shot and miss hit it.

I don't like tee shots with "crap" in front of the tee box.

Crap= water with forced carries, gorges, waste areas, flower boxes, tall grasses, unkempt areas and the such.

Right now I'm afraid of hitting driver. My first 2 seasons I was a chronic slicer, now I've gone overboard and tend to hook everything. My irons are much improved after lessons, but the driver is all over the place unfortunately. For a while I was playing a solid fade that kept me in play, and I stupidly kept trying to force myself to learn to hit a draw off the tee and now it's way overcooked and I can't find my way back.

Anything 50 and in into the green. I still have a lot of work to do on my short game. I have a much more harsh tendancy to hit my wedges fat than I do with my irons, and even when I do hit them solid, distance control from wedge to wedge totally rattles me.

I don't think that I'm "afraid" of a golf shot. It's golf, after all.

But I cannot hit a fade on purpose to save my life.

Sounds like our games are quite similar

Back