Odyssey Works 2 ball fang

lisevolution

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing a ping 33" strong arc Nome for the last couple of seasons but I'm thinking about switching it up and giving the new works 2 ball fang a try. My question is on the tank/counterbalance option vs the standard option. First thing I noticed was the tank only comes in 35 &38" which is too long for me as I usually play either a 32 or 33" putter. I'm 6'3" but I have long arms and a big gut so I have a pretty hunched over stance. Is there a reason the counterbalanced ones only come in longer lengths? I know if I order directly from odyssey I can get a tank in a shorter length but is that smart with counterbalancing? I appreciate any insight the forum can give me on this!

The CB versions are designed to play with some of the shaft above your hands, so you'd be gripping down on the putter. 35" may be the one you are looking for. I'd try it out though first.

Cannot say for sure but, it likely has something to do with a portion of the grip above the hands. I was just swinging that very putter today. Nice but, I find the mallet style is not for me. I am 6'2" with long arms and like you, prefer to hunch over instead of being more upright. I like the feel of the SS grip and counter balance vs. the non counter balance/Odyssey grip. I have a 35" Tank 2Ball with a SS grip but I just never grooved 100% with it. I ended up buying the Works Tank Versa 1W with SS grip 35". Definitely swing some and see what you think. You could always give Odyssey a call and see what they think, too.

Good luck

Like the others already stated, you play with part of it above your grip. I just picked up a #7 Tank and normally play a 33" putter and the 35" fits me perfectly.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info! I'll see if I can find one locally with both styles for me to try. If I was a righty this would be much easier but of course I'm a lefty so I have to make things difficult!

Wait, is the 35" CB version meant for those who still intend to choke down on it? Or can it be held like any other 35" while yielding the desired effect?

Wait, is the 35" CB version meant for those who still intend to choke down on it? Or can it be held like any other 35" while yielding the desired effect?
Held normally. At least that is my understanding

Back